Cove 🔵🐟 v The Caley ⚫🔴🦅

Several chances to clear the ball missed, leading to a desperate, clumsy challenge at the edge of the box. Vigurs puts the ball in the bottom corner from the resultant free kick, which Ridgers was supposed to be covering. 

1 hour ago, RossP said:

It was. 

It’s a bit of a morgue just now at Balmoral Stadium. Last time here our young team had already offended Shay Logan and set fire to the pitch… but no sign of that today. Perhaps saving their money for the Semi-Final? 

Here’s hoping for no injuries on this pitch considering we lost MacGregor and Allardice last time out. 

Streaming.

MASSIVE win. Thought we were far too passive for an hour, before a smash and grab ten minutes and a brilliant Mark Ridgers save did the business for us.

Cammy Harper or Mark Ridgers POTY for me, so fitting Harper rifled in the winner here and Ridgers made such a crucial save. Thought Daniel Mackay was awful. Poor boy has zero confidence at the moment.

Cove are dreadful. 

Unsurprising win but a struggle at times, trust Vigurs to score, looks like that's the end of Cove and their shitehole of a stadium in this league. Daniel again a disappointment, such a change in him since he went to Hibs.

Got the winner and third today in the big race so good news all round.

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

From the first game he game back to us it was evident he didn't want to be here, with that attitude Hibs won't want him and neither do we, silly boy.

Even by your low standards, that's absolute fecking nonsense. Not saying he hasn't been poor recently but your comment is ridiculous. 

A very good three points but a very poor performance. Cove were stuffy and got a lot of players behind the ball and challenged us to break through and we struggled for long periods of the game. Once we got close to the opposition penalty area we ran out of ideas most of the time. Very few killer passes were made. Shaw in the first half was able to pick a killer pass to find Mckay and although he found the net the linesman, eventually, put his flag up.

The opening goal was a low free kick effort from Vigurs about 20 yards out. It seemed that Ridgers possibly expected him to send it over the wall but instead is was cleverly placed along the ground into the bottom corner.

I didn't see exactly what the penalty was given for but I thought at the time it was a pull on Doran as he got in behind the Cove defence to chase down a high ball over the top. Strange that no card was given by the referee. Mckay  leathered the ball into the net from the spot to take him eve closer to Wyness' goal scoring record. Doran had a hand in the winner as well after he collected the ball in the box after a cross from the right found him. He laid it off to Harper who coolly cut inside his marker and lashed a shot past the keeper. Towards the end Ridgers pulled off a stunning save to deny Cove an equaliser.

I think we just about deserved the win but it was a game that was very low on quality. There were only about 3 or 4 good bits of football played all game which at times seemed like a pre season friendly. For us MacKay and Samuels were really disappointing and both are struggling to make things happen during matches at the minute. When Doran came on and Shaw moved to the left we looked better almost right away and Boyd was also decent when he replaced Samuels. Probably time to start them both on Tuesday.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

A very good three points but a very poor performance. Cove were stuffy and got a lot of players behind the ball and challenged us to break through and we struggled for long periods of the game. Once we got close to the opposition penalty area we ran out of ideas most of the time. Very few killer passes were made. Shaw in the first half was able to pick a killer pass to find Mckay and although he found the net the linesman, eventually, put his flag up.

The opening goal was a low free kick effort from Vigurs about 20 yards out. It seemed that Ridgers possibly expected him to send it over the wall but instead is was cleverly placed along the ground into the bottom corner.

I didn't see exactly what the penalty was given for but I thought at the time it was a pull on Doran as he got in behind the Cove defence to chase down a high ball over the top. Strange that no card was given by the referee. Mckay  leathered the ball into the net from the spot to take him eve closer to Wyness' goal scoring record. Doran had a hand in the winner as well after he collected the ball in the box after a cross from the right found him. He laid it off to Harper who coolly cut inside his marker and lashed a shot past the keeper. Towards the end Ridgers pulled off a stunning save to deny Cove an equaliser.

I think we just about deserved the win but it was a game that was very low on quality. There were only about 3 or 4 good bits of football played all game which at times seemed like a pre season friendly. For us MacKay and Samuels were really disappointing and both are struggling to make things happen during matches at the minute. When Doran came on and Shaw moved to the left we looked better almost right away and Boyd was also decent when he replaced Samuels. Probably time to start them both on Tuesday.

Samuels is wasted out wide. He is a striker, who likes to play on the shoulder.

52 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I'm not alone, if you read recent posts, in my estimation.

Sandy, you made the following claim...

From the first game he game back to us it was evident he didn't want to be here, with that attitude Hibs won't want him and neither do we, silly boy. 

You appear to be asserting that from the start of the season he has been underplaying and doing so with a flagrant disregard for his club and career.

Is this correct? 

For what it's worth I've seen a player that was just getting into his stride when he suffered an injury right in front of our North Stand and he hasn't come back from that in the way I'd certainly have hoped. There's still time and he may well provide moments before the season's end that we can delight in.

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

I'm not alone, if you read recent posts, in my estimation.

I think he’s been poor Sandy but saying it was evident he didn’t want to be here from the beginning is ridiculous, there’s nothing to back up that claim, in fact it’s quite the opposite if you take into account he actually started the season relatively well.

Edited by Guest