Bonnyrigg Rose vs Dumbarton

Bonnyrigg Rose vs Dumbarton   

26 members have voted

1. 1. Outcome?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/04/23 at 14:00

39 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

As was the big lad at the back who launched himself to the floor after a touch from Declan Byrne, only to get a pitying glance from the ref. I can't be doing with stuff like that at all. It's League Two, stop trying to get your opponents sent-off.

Byrne spent the first half throwing himself to the ground at every opportunity.

No complaints about the result though, we could still be playing now and wouldn't have created a chance.

12 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Hey Jan, don't know if you've ever been in the same room as this guy? 

Screenshot_20230415-204209_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.2675dee7bea912de60244c22f16f5ce9.jpg

Absolutely not a clue I'm afraid :whistle

6 minutes ago, Gimme said:

Byrne spent the first half throwing himself to the ground at every opportunity.

No complaints about the result though, we could still be playing now and wouldn't have created a chance.

He was looking for fouls, but none of those were an attempt to get an opponent sent off. Unlike the two I mentioned. There's a difference between trying to win cheap free-kicks (something Kieran McGachie did the whole game doing fairly successfully) and pretending you've been smashed in the face.

2 hours ago, db11 said:

You should have backed Dumbarton big Time to win the league ya fanny? See you next year you bell end

1 hour ago, db11 said:

Better team won, Dumbarton manipulated referee miles  better than rose.  Hope your guys enjoy there win bonus tonight. 😂😂😂 
See you next season and remember you guys are our level now

785BAAB9-B9F5-4512-9EA8-036CC8C946E7.gif.409f3137300943bfc47fc2d6d575a761.gif

Few things to take from Bonnyrigg's excellent highlights package.

- Justice was done with the missed penalty. It's an absolute howler of a decision. Div Wilson air-kicks the ball.

- Bonnyrigg's anger over our first goal was as unfounded as I thought it was at the time. The ball didn't hit the inside of Buchanan's elbow in the build up like their coach spent 20 minutes insisting it did. His arm goes up, but it hits his shoulder.

- Declan Byrne's header is absolutely superb. The power he generates is incredible.

- Rusty McLean's goal is gorgeous. He makes it look so easy.

- Alieu Faye's red card is a stick on, and any complaints about it are as unfounded as I thought they were at the same. Not quite sure why the big man is having a laugh and a joke about it either given that'll be him spending the next two matches in the stand.

28 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

- Justice was done with the missed penalty. It's an absolute howler of a decision. Div Wilson air-kicks the ball

That's an absolutely dreadful decision! As much as I want us to win games I'm actually glad he missed it and we still got the points anyway.

Also that's a really good highlights package they produce

51 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

That penalty decision is hilarious. What’s even stranger is not a single Bonnyrigg player argues about it.

We've been the victim of Colin Whytes dubious decisions a few times this season, there probably comes a point where the players just think 'what's the point' and get on with it.

3 minutes ago, Gimme said:

We've been the victim of Colin Whytes dubious decisions a few times this season, there probably comes a point where the players just think 'what's the point' and get on with it.

Get on with what? Losing your temper, getting sent off, having a moan at the ref at full time and in your after match interview?

2 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Few things to take from Bonnyrigg's excellent highlights package.

- Justice was done with the missed penalty. It's an absolute howler of a decision. Div Wilson air-kicks the ball.

- Bonnyrigg's anger over our first goal was as unfounded as I thought it was at the time. The ball didn't hit the inside of Buchanan's elbow in the build up like their coach spent 20 minutes insisting it did. His arm goes up, but it hits his shoulder.

- Declan Byrne's header is absolutely superb. The power he generates is incredible.

- Rusty McLean's goal is gorgeous. He makes it look so easy.

- Alieu Faye's red card is a stick on, and any complaints about it are as unfounded as I thought they were at the same. Not quite sure why the big man is having a laugh and a joke about it either given that'll be him spending the next two matches in the stand.

Thoroughly enjoyed those highlights. One of my complaints about highlights is they very seldom show action replays - nearly too many here! Still, better too many as too few.

Agree about the penalty, if you hadn't mentioned it in your comments I'd have burst out laughing!

Sending off looked nailed on, too.

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Get on with what? Losing your temper, getting sent off, having a moan at the ref at full time and in your after match interview?

None of which was the players who were on the park when the penalty was awarded so not sure what your point is.