Bonnyrigg Rose vs Dumbarton

Bonnyrigg Rose vs Dumbarton   

26 members have voted

1. 1. Outcome?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/04/23 at 14:00

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

It's one guy saying he doesn't like the ground, not sure that equates to snobbery or entitlement. 

Being pedantic, it’s two, although one appears to be a right roaster so I’ll give you that 😉

2 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Let's send them and their shitey pitch back to the juniors.

Aye, if you want to send them back to the “juniors” all the SPFL2 clubs just have to keep beating them on the park. Simples.

2 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Plenty of West of Scotland sides have better facilities. The likes of Talbot for example. Newlandsfield is also a better place to watch football.

One or two in the East as well, you’ll probably make the acquaintance of Linlithgow in a year or two. Newtongrange is decent too. But Scotland has plenty stadiums that are better than the league above, e.g. Dunfermline, Falkirk, and plenty that are terrible for their league, e.g. Cove, Meadowbank. There are even decent grounds in the LL, or the joonyurs as some eejits refer to it, so maybe just get used to it, it’s a bit of a pointless argument imo.

1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

Lol it was very clearly a joke about how shite our own pitch is.

Fair do’s bud.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

10/10 for getting offended on Bonnyrigg fans behalf, 0/10 for having the brain capacity to identify sarcasm.

Oh I’ll hold my hands up for the whoosh ok but I haven’t been at your park for many a year so no point in getting a bit miffed cos somebody doesn’t get your in jokes 😜

18 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Fair do’s bud.

Oh I’ll hold my hands up for the whoosh ok but I haven’t been at your park for many a year so no point in getting a bit miffed cos somebody doesn’t get your in jokes 😜

Don't worry, there's no lack of respect towards Bonnyrigg from Sons. They handed us a humbling loss when they actually were a junior side and have been tough every game this season.

5 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Watching football from a grassy slope is magic. Every ground in the country should have a grassy slope for fans to watch from IMO. I also don't think we're in a position tk be commenting on other clubs pitches when we've got a gardener laying turnips at ours. 

Meh, I don't feel bound at all by the fact Dumbarton's pitch is a disaster. Will still happily call out other trash where I see it.

4 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Just looking through Bonnyrigg's recent results. They haven't scored more than one goal in a game since December, but they have kept three consecutive clean sheets. Should be an absolute thriller this! 

Picked up on the same thing last night. Given the limited options we have up front I’m not confident of a high scoring thriller this afternoon. First goal wins it 1-0 a distinct possibility. Will be interesting to see if Faz alters the formation or opts for much of the same with one up top. 

We really should've been 2/3 up within about 20 minutes. Missed penalty, missed one on one and shot off the line. Since the penalty miss we've dropped out of it a fair bit though, and I can't help but fear those chances will come back to bite us.

1 hour ago, Victor mcdade said:

First time at bonnyrigg ground, must say what an embarrassment of a pitch.

Hmm... Hope you're not a Sons fan as they have a club history of 120 years of silky football on a swamp before they moved...