Bonnyrigg Rose vs Dumbarton

Bonnyrigg Rose vs Dumbarton   

26 members have voted

1. 1. Outcome?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/04/23 at 14:00

Bonnyrigg are the team who've impressed me the least at the Rock so far this season, and their league position isn't a surprise based on what I've seen. However, we're mince currently and only have enough bodies for a 5s team, so it's anyone's game here.

Not a ground I like. The slope is disgraceful and the lack of any proper covered seating for visiting fans is pretty poor. Or decent covered terracing for that matter. I can stand on a wet grassy slope at the Vale Juniors. At least the pies at the vale are better than the greasy efforts at Dundas Park.. I'm not in favour of clubs being made to spend money they don't really have on facilities that they'll never properly use. Scottish football has plenty of grounds that simply aren't suited to the teams that play there. Falkirk and Airdrie are particularly bad. As is the white elephant that North Lanarkshire Council built on the outskirts of Cumbernauld. But there needs to be a little bit of balance. 

33 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Not a ground I like. The slope is disgraceful and the lack of any proper covered seating for visiting fans is pretty poor. Or decent covered terracing for that matter. I can stand on a wet grassy slope at the Vale Juniors...

Clubs like your own benefited for decades from access to pools money, SFA, SFL and SPFL handouts and much easier access to large government grants. It's not reasonable to expect clubs emerging from a junior football background by way of the Lowland League to have comparable facilities to the clubs that enjoyed those advantages when the SFL was operating as a closed shop cartel.

Watching football from a grassy slope is magic. Every ground in the country should have a grassy slope for fans to watch from IMO. I also don't think we're in a position tk be commenting on other clubs pitches when we've got a gardener laying turnips at ours. 

I'd rather have a sloped pitch than a flat but sandy and soaking one tbh.

NDP strikes me as one of these grounds that you'll think is great on a sunny, dry day when you win. And an absolute hovel when it's a soaking, freezing, dark day and you get beaten.

Anyway. Bonnyrigg are in decent form, finally have a bit of upward momentum and have some big players back from injury. So I think they'll win this 2-0 - a first-half goal, and a second-half injury time goal.

37 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Clubs like your own benefited for decades from access to pools money, SFA, SFL and SPFL handouts and much easier access to large government grants. It's not reasonable to expect clubs emerging from a junior football background by way of the Lowland League to have comparable facilities to the clubs that enjoyed those advantages when the SFL was operating as a closed shop cartel.

Plenty of West of Scotland sides have better facilities. The likes of Talbot for example. Newlandsfield is also a better place to watch football.

For much of the season it looked like the Sons and the Rose could be two divisions apart next time. Now the reality sets in - you could be stuck with them, hence the whining and snobbery and entitlement 😂
Bonnyrigg have had to earn everything they’ve achieved the hard way. They have the Entry licence - that’s why they’re “allowed” to play in the SPFL.
From what I’ve seen, Robbie Horn has gradually improved what was a poor squad so I wouldn’t be surprised if they took the three points this time.

14 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

For much of the season it looked like the Sons and the Rose could be two divisions apart next time. Now the reality sets in - you could be stuck with them, hence the whining and snobbery and entitlement 😂
Bonnyrigg have had to earn everything they’ve achieved the hard way. They have the Entry licence - that’s why they’re “allowed” to play in the SPFL.
From what I’ve seen, Robbie Horn has gradually improved what was a poor squad so I wouldn’t be surprised if they took the three points this time.

It's one guy saying he doesn't like the ground, not sure that equates to snobbery or entitlement. 

I must have missed all those years we were lording it up with government grants and SFA handouts and not having to earn everything we’ve achieved. Maybe it was before my time.

We should just boycott this game tbh, rich pampered lords like ourself shouldn’t have to share a pitch with scrawny wee hard done by riff raff like Bonnyrigg Rose.

10 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I must have missed all those years we were lording it up with government grants and SFA handouts and not having to earn everything we’ve achieved. Maybe it was before my time.

We should just boycott this game tbh, rich pampered lords like ourself shouldn’t have to share a pitch with scrawny wee hard done by riff raff like Bonnyrigg Rose.

I just won't have our wee princes playing on a pitch like that. Buchy's beautiful locks should be nowhere near that glorified local park.