Every other top flight manager - top 2 with Celtic or Rangers?

Based on the last 6 weeks, If Kettlewell got their reins at either of them .... the European Cup would be returning to Glasgow ...... (OK maybe just Celtic).

In seriousness, if the premise is to finish above 55ish points from a possible 114 with the resources available only a player revolt and downing of tools would scupper it.

Coincidently the opposite experiment is currently being executed at Tannadice very successfully.

You'd probably get a minimum of 30 points off the bat before Xmas saying "Just do what Stevie G tell yiz" without any other coaching.

12 hours ago, Swello said:

OF managers aren't paid to finish in the Top 2 - that's the easy bit (since the early 90's at least) - if any of the jobbers in the other 10 clubs were at Rangers or Celtic - they have to actually win the league against a higher paid (and probably) better manager. If it was Martindale vs Ange and all other things were equal, I'm not sure I'd back staunch Davie.

Could say the same the other way around, i'm not sure i'd back Ange, with Livi's budget, to do anywhere as near the job Martindale has. With the resources and financial clout Celtic has he's done a very good job at Celtic though, still needs to do it in Europe to show whether he's up to much as a manager when he hasn't such an advantage over 10 of the 12 teams in the league.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Steven Gerrard, Walter Smith, Neil Lennon.  

Stick them in England with middling budgets and their performances are distinctly middling, and in time, they lose their jobs.  It's even happened with Rodgers after some success for a while.

And who can forget Billy McNeil relegating two clubs in the one season.  

3 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Perhaps a more pertinent question when discussing the merits of Postecoglu and Beale would be, 'Could they get any of the other 10 clubs anywhere near the top 2?'. I suspect the answer would be a resounding, no.

I genuinely forgot Beale managed Sevco now.

20 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Been seeing some more posts on here the last couple of days discussing the managers of the top 2 with mentions of the money advantage not being the only reason for success (specifically Celtic fans stating that Postecoglus success is more than just the financial advantage).

We’ve often heard people saying tongue in cheek “I could win that league like that” or “I could score goals in that team/league” but my question for discussion is this: 

Would every other top flight manager (barring Naismith of course) finish in the top 2 if they managed Celtic or Rangers? Whilst it’s easy to just say yes you only need to think of the struggles that Rangers had in 16/17/18.

It would take a staggering amount of incompetence and/or players refusing to play for you for any professional football manager not to finish top 2 with Rangers or Celtic in Scotland.

3 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Perhaps a more pertinent question when discussing the merits of Postecoglu and Beale would be, 'Could they get any of the other 10 clubs anywhere near the top 2?'. I suspect the answer would be a resounding, no.

This is the better question, the answer to which Neil Lennon has already amply supplied via Celtic and Hibs.

34 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

Yes, every other scottish club manager would finish Celtic or Rangers in the top 2. Reason = Finances. 

No, Celtic and Rangers managers couldn’t take other scottish clubs into the top 2. Reason = Finances. 

Close Thread. 

Correct. 

A situation that old firm fans are entirely comfortable with. 

As football continues to eat itself and turn itself into a vile spectacle bending over for any whiff of cash, it's surely only a matter of time till someone like Amazon chucks a load of money at something like Klopp managing Rochdale for a season and seeing how it goes. Offer enough folk thirty million quid for a year's work and someone will do it.

Eventually we'll end up with a Scottish spin-off equivalent.

4 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

Correct.
The alternative being, support a non-Glasgow club and wear that enteral chip on your shoulder like a huffy wee teenager.

I think ‘politics of envy’ is the party line amongst your peers now. That or anti-growth coalition or something.