Arbroath Vs Cove

A win and we should be safe. The games against Cove have been pretty turgid this season and I expect this to be the same. I think we have enough quality about us just now to get the win.

Win the game, relegate Cove and then sign Megginson in the summer.

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

A win and we should be safe. The games against Cove have been pretty turgid this season and I expect this to be the same. I think we have enough quality about us just now to get the win.

Win the game, relegate Cove and then sign Megginson in the summer.

To be honest I doubt you want Mitch nowadays. I never thought I would say that. Could well be because he has no Rory-esque striker next to him all season to compete for aerial balls, win knock downs or flick ons for him to run onto. 

He's been coming deep searching for the ball, coming out wide and generally looked very poor as a consequence. You want him playing on the last man or in and around the box. 

Hard for me to say but he's probably a top end L1 striker and nothing beyond that. I'm not expecting him to get close to his L1 tally of last season in 2023/2024. 31 in July, likely peaked already

Edited by CoveRangers1922

4 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

To be honest I doubt you want Mitch nowadays. I never thought I would say that. Could well be because he has no Rory-esque striker next to him all season to compete for aerial balls, win knock downs or flick ons for him to run onto. 

He's been coming deep searching for the ball, coming out wide and generally looked very poor as a consequence. You want him playing on the last man or in and around the box. 

Hard for me to say but he's probably a top end L1 striker and nothing beyond that. I'm not expecting him to get close to his L1 tally of last season in 2023/2024. 31 in July, likely peaked already

Fair enough. You’ve obviously seen him far more than me. 

How many do you think you lot will bring through on Saturday? 

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

There’s several different ways this could pan out but we are pretty much safe now but would be good to confirm it for ourselves and also doom Cove in the process. Over 3k here please 

I would be happy to see the club drop prices for it as well. 

10 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I would be happy to see the club drop prices for it as well. 

I would too but it’s too late as tickets have been on sale for a while.

I hope they do it for the Accies game though, if we’re safe or not. It would be a nice thank you gesture for the fans. Obviously it would be of no benefit to season ticket holders but would be good to do all the same.

Edited by Tattie36

Getting a little ahead of ourselves.  Tough, nervy game on Saturday against opposition we haven’t beat these past 3 occasions. Cove have only narrowly lost out to Queens and ICT their past two games so still in with a shout.  Larger home crowds at Gayfield have often been associated with a less than joyful spectacle, if not worse.  So let’s keep things real and hope the crowd lend support when needed.

Edited by farflung lichtie

2 minutes ago, farflung lichtie said:

Getting a little ahead of ourselves.  Tough, nervy game on Saturday against opposition we haven’t beat these past 3 occasions. Cove have only narrowly lost out to Queens and ICT their past two games so still in with a shout.  Larger home crowds at Gayfield have often been associated with a less than joyful spectacle, if not worse.  So let’s keep things real and hope the crowd lend support when needed.

Get this negativity to f**k. 

1 minute ago, farflung lichtie said:

It’s at the stage now where I think we could literally pick up zero points and be ok. It’ll really be something if we finish in the bottom 2. I agree with the sentiment and I am always incredibly pessimistic and worried when it comes to supporting Arbroath and Scotland too but I just half feel like that tonight has pretty much sealed the deal. 

But yeah it’ll be back to reality tomorrow and I’ll start shiteing myself again. 

Cove have to win this too, even if it’s a fat chance they catch us they could still finish 9th and give themselves a chance in the play off. 

Could be some game 

Roll on Maroon all Aroon on Saturday 🔥🇱🇻⚽🥳🥳🥳🙌🙌🙌 Biggest  game of the Season to date. After the season we have had Survival would feel absolutely incredible and pretty special  to achieve as it’s always our main goal. From the Highs of last Season to the emotional rollercoaster of this one. Never a dull one with the Super Smokies 🐟