Arbroath Vs Cove

3 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

I don't this will happen, but should you again fail to beat a team you haven't all season, and we do somehow shitfest 3 points against Thistle, you're right back in the shit. Especially when you consider your next game is at Firhill against a team who would need a win to have a chance of the playoffs.

Given you've won 6 league games all season, not winning any of your last 3 i'm not sure could be classed as a "collapse" either.

Saying Thistle will be a hard game that we will probably not get 3 points in because they’re a team who need to win to have a chance of the playoffs…. when the same thing applies in your very next game on Saturday 😂 and you’ve said you could be shitfesting the 3 points in that one 🤨

Also wouldn’t put us right back in the shit, we’d just not need to get beat by you. 

As it stands we have 3 games left and you have 2 and we are 4 points ahead with a better goal difference.

It quite possibly could pan out that way but I’m guessing if you typed in the set of results you require and the set of results we require into bet365 right now you know what the odds would look like.. 

12 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Saying Thistle will be a hard game that we will probably not get 3 points in because they’re a team who need to win to have a chance of the playoffs…. when the same thing applies in your very next game on Saturday 😂 and you’ve said you could be shitfesting the 3 points in that one 🤨

I don't see the issue with what I said tbh. I don't expect us to beat them at all. Far from it. But we might somehow get lucky. As may you the following weekend, of course.

14 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Also wouldn’t put us right back in the shit, we’d just not need to get beat by you. 

Having a single game left where losing it would drop you into the playoffs is very much "right back in the shit" in my book.

17 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It quite possibly could pan out that way but I’m guessing if you typed in the set of results you require and the set of results we require into bet365 right now you know what the odds would look like.. 

A Hamilton to beat Partick and Cove or Draw double on Saturday is 6.6/1

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I don't see the issue with what I said tbh. I don't expect us to beat them at all. Far from it. But we might somehow get lucky. As may you the following weekend, of course.

Having a single game left where losing it would drop you into the playoffs is very much "right back in the shit" in my book.

A Hamilton to beat Partick and Cove or Draw double on Saturday is 6.6/1

But that’s not the only results you’d need. You’d also need a Partick home win the following week and then a Hamilton away win the week after… 

Arbroath to beat Cove on Saturday is 1.85 

Alternatively a Partick Thistle win or draw is 1.12

14 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

But that’s not the only results you’d need. You’d also need a Partick home win the following week and then a Hamilton away win the week after… 

From an Accies POV the best we could have asked for in the last few weeks was taking it to the last game. We've done little to help ourselves but you've not put us away just yet.

Given what needs to happen on Saturday for that to still remain a possibility then I would be genuinely quite confident of the Partick v Arbroath result the following week going our way too.

I'm not predicting we will finish 8th (i'm not even predicting us to win on Saturday), but it wouldn't take a "collapse" from Arbroath for us to be able to do so.

Edited by Todd_is_God

5 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

From an Accies POV the best we could have asked for in the last few weeks was taking it to the last game. We've done little to help ourselves but you've not put us away just yet.

Given what needs to happen on Saturday for that to still remain a possibility then I would be genuinely quite confident of the Partick v Arbroath result the following week going our way too.

I'm not predicting we will finish 8th (i'm not even predicting us to win on Saturday), but it wouldn't take a "collapse" from Arbroath for us to be able to do so.

Well we’ve been beaten once in the last 9 games and would have to go and probably lose all 3, so you could call it that 

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

Well we’ve been beaten once in the last 9 games and would have to go and probably lose all 3, so you could call it that 

We'll agree to disagree. I've no beef with Arbroath anyway - Hamilton could learn a lot from yourselves.

16 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

But the premiership play off is completely different - much harder to get through two ties as whoever finishes 9th in this league will.

I still think the play-offs favour the team in the higher division which means they are presumably better, in theory.

Anyway, you're unlikely to be needing to worry about it.

9 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

We'll agree to disagree. I've no beef with Arbroath anyway - Hamilton could learn a lot from yourselves.

I know what you’re saying to be fair. It is only 3 games and any team in this division is capable of losing 3 in a row. 

Closer this gets the more I’m getting nervous. Also cannot wait though. Hopefully there’s no extreme weather to deal with the forecast has been very vague and I hope the current forecasts wind drops before Saturday. 

Never mind trying to work out our last 3 games and Hamilton and Cove's last games and results it is simple :-

WIN ON SATURDAY and that will be it.

IMO Saturday's home game versus Cove Rangers should be treated as a CUP FINAL and we should go all out to get the 3 points as i do not fancy going to the last game needing a result.

I would imagine Cove will come out all guns blazing as they NEED the win and it is their last chance and i hope we do not play it cagey and go out "not to lose" and i really do hope that DC starts Sir Bobby Linn and says "you are the fans hero and you are champing at the bit so go out there and give your all for 60-70mins and get us the win".

C'MON THE RED LICHTIES - 36-0.

Think everyone would love to see Linn start, but i think it will be the same team that started on Saturday with only change Balde coming in for Tait, 

Wouldn't be overly surprising if Olysanya and Allen were used before Linn,

Few months ago we were dead and buried, now we have the chance to stay in league by beating the worst form team in the league, no talks of drawing or no motivation needed, just go out and get at them from the 1st minute, 

Think it's been mentioned but it would be so nice to have ot settled before the Hamilton game so all the fringe players can get a chance and the fans can give the players the recognition they deserve for the turn around since Xmas,

Edited by lichtiekev

Bobby has been an incredible servant but with Stewart and Dow fit and in decent form, he offers most as an impact player from the bench when full backs are tiring.

Hopefully we can be safe for the Hamilton game and give him a start as it will almost certainly be his last game for us.

There's an awful lot of ifs, buts and maybes being bandied about. Let's just wait and see what the situation is at 5pm on Saturday. Things should be clearer by then.

I suppose the same line up as last week will start (another maybe) going by the old football adage of not changing a winning team, or in the manager's mind, not changing a team that isn't losing. But we need to start playing from the first whistle, not wait until the second half to get to grips with the game.

Cove will definitely be up for it and I expect a close game with hopefully 3 points for us.

Are Cove fans pleased to have got rid of McIntyre as manager and have Hartley back?

34 minutes ago, SotesBornalichtie said:

There's an awful lot of ifs, buts and maybes being bandied about. Let's just wait and see what the situation is at 5pm on Saturday. Things should be clearer by then.

I suppose the same line up as last week will start (another maybe) going by the old football adage of not changing a winning team, or in the manager's mind, not changing a team that isn't losing. But we need to start playing from the first whistle, not wait until the second half to get to grips with the game.

Cove will definitely be up for it and I expect a close game with hopefully 3 points for us.

Are Cove fans pleased to have got rid of McIntyre as manager and have Hartley back?

I’d expect Balde to be in for Tait 

1 minute ago, Lichtie78 said:

Tait has been such a disappointment since his debut at Morton. Admittedly unlucky with injury but he's never impressed when fit.

He's never really found a position in our midfield.  A bit too undiscliplined to play the anchor role, not quite good enough on the ball to sit, not as good as McKenna going forward, and I dont think he's flexible enough to play on the wing.  He runs about and is full of energy though.

I don't think he's a bad player by any means, but for whatever reason, we havent quite found a place for him in our team.

3 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

He's never really found a position in our midfield.  A bit too undiscliplined to play the anchor role, not quite good enough on the ball to sit, not as good as McKenna going forward, and I dont think he's flexible enough to play on the wing.  He runs about and is full of energy though.

I don't think he's a bad player by any means, but for whatever reason, we havent quite found a place for him in our team.

Kind of agree with this plus I don’t think you could class him as near fully fit yet and pre his injury we were a shambles. Needs to improve his decision making big time if he wants to make it at Hibs