Dumbarton v East Fife

35 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Is this game at risk of being postponed? 

Can New Bogheid cope with two games in four days? 

I need to buy a train ticket. 

The weather for most of the week looks pretty good actually. It'll probably get postponed for being too dry.

1 hour ago, Silverton End said:

Dumbarton 8 (eight) East Fife 0

We usually lose 5-0 at Dumbarton so losing eight to Dumbarton is improvement, let’s see what team turns up the east fife that skelped Stranraer or same team that travels to Dumbarton and lose.

8 minutes ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

We usually lose 5-0 at Dumbarton so losing eight to Dumbarton is improvement, let’s see what team turns up the east fife that skelped Stranraer or same team that travels to Dumbarton and lose.

Our record away to Dumbarton is atrocious, but I'm not certain an 8-0 defeat could be considered an improvement 

11 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Are we talking yellow cards here? 

Every possibility

10 hours ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

Expecting a tough game, with Forfar just behind you in the race for the play-offs, your team will be fired up.

Edited by Silverton End

East Fife are such an odd team. After the game in December I thought you'd be in real danger of the drop. After the game in February I thought you could have a chance of making the playoffs. Now, with the form you lot are in, I genuinely wouldn't be shocked if you won the playoffs. A lot of good players finding their feet and hitting form at the right time.

Our performance will depend on how many players make it through Tuesday night unscathed.

A fairly horrible game to watch with very little happening. We looked like a team who were looking to see out the 90 minutes without picking up any injuries and East Fife looked quite content with a draw, which I didn’t expect given their current playoff battle.

Carswell does my tits in. It would’ve been good for Rusty McLean to get another goal before the playoffs arrive to boost his confidence a bit. If he thought about the team instead of himself for 30 seconds he may have realised that because with Byrne and Wallace both being injury prone we may well see plenty of big McLean in the coming weeks.

After Orsi's early chance I thought we'd be onto a cracker of a game. Then the rest of the first half happened...

Second half was better in that we saw a goal and a couple of missed penalties. I'll need to see it back but I was certain at the time ours wasn't a foul. 

Big McNiffs turn and finish was unexpected but he stuck it away well. 

It's a win and a clean sheet. League is now officially done and second place secured, just need to try and keep results going over the next few weeks now for some momentum.