Morton v Raith 22-4-23

If we can get anything from this game we will be doing well, can't see it though as 1. We cannot stop giving goals away from set pieces and given that we have the worst record in Scotland defending set pieces, that gives Morton the advantage and 2. Their tall centre half who scored 2 last week at Dundee will have no trouble at all against us and 3. If both Nolan and Lang are missing then it will be even easier. Going to say very easy win for Morton 2 or 3 nil.

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

We're potentially going until this without any centre half's so basically we're ending the season how we began it. 

Gotta love a bit of symmetry.

2 hours ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Wont be going.  I am taller than 3'7 so incompatible with that ridiculous stand.  p***k of a steward canny understand that it is square peg roond hole trying to get my 17 1/2 stone 6.2 dadbod into those ridiculously close together seats.

That sounds very much like a 'you' problem. 

3 hours ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Wont be going.  I am taller than 3'7 so incompatible with that ridiculous stand.  p***k of a steward canny understand that it is square peg roond hole trying to get my 17 1/2 stone 6.2 dadbod into those ridiculously close together seats.

Sincere and heartfelt apologies from all at Cappielow - we'll genuinely miss your presence, and we're devastated at the fact that our year-end accounts will now be decimated at the loss of your £20. Our ground was unfortunately designed and built for normal-sized human beings (at least 3'8"), not behemoths requiring quadruple-width armchair recliners and a cathedral-height roof on our tinpot wee stand. FYI it was purchased from our (alleged) arch-rivals St. Mirren in 2008 second-hand (or 'previously cherished' as the average Bentley dealer would describe it), along with 2 of their floodlights which were apparently chucked in with the deal for free. Bless your kind hearts, Saints. Our official capacity is 11,589 with 5,741 seats - so I'm sure that even a gentleman of your ample proportions could somehow squeeze into the remaining 5,848 spaces which are deliberately left empty just in case you decide to grace us with your presence. Occupying one of these hallowed zones would actually be away-game fitba perfection personified, as your resulting proximity to the pie stall would be a distinct advantage. I can wholeheartedly recommend our near-legendary kebab pies which are wholesome, excellent and very tasty indeed. You'll need to bring your own mayonnaise and chilli sauce though. And your own salad. (FYI = It's that weird green stuff which you always walk past when you go to Tesco). And you should also be warned that if it rains (and it will - the ground's in Greenock) your hairdo will require some post-match refurbishment. I can strongly recommend 'Isa's Mullet' on Sinclair Street.

Given your expressed and understandable concerns however, my recommendation would be to wait until next season, become a Queens Park supporter, and watch all your home games from the luxury of your new club's 18-seater Royal Box.

AKA their new stand.

Very best wishes from Cappielow.

Edited by Chippyminton

16 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

Sincere and heartfelt apologies from all at Cappielow - we'll genuinely miss your presence, and we're devastated at the fact that our year-end accounts will now be decimated at the loss of your £20. Our ground was unfortunately designed and built for normal-sized human beings, not behemoths requiring quadruple-width armchair recliners and a cathedral-height roof on our tinpot wee stand. FYI it was purchased from our (alleged) arch-rivals St. Mirren in 2008 second-hand (or 'previously cherished' as the average Bentley dealer would describe it), along with 2 of their floodlights which were apparently chucked in with the deal for free. Bless your kind hearts, Saints. Our official capacity is 11,589 with 5,741 seats - so I'm sure that even a gentleman of your ample proportions could somehow squeeze into the remaining 5,848 spaces which are deliberately left empty just in case you decide to grace us with your presence. Occupying one of these hallowed zones would actually be away-game fitba perfection personified, as your resulting proximity to the pie stall would be a distinct advantage. I can wholeheartedly recommend our near-legendary kebab pies which are wholesome, excellent and very tasty indeed. You'll need to bring your own mayonnaise and chilli sauce though. And your own salad. (FYI = It's that weird green stuff which you always walk past when you go to Tesco). And you should also be warned that if it rains (and it will - the ground's in Greenock) your hairdo will require some post-match refurbishment. I can strongly recommend 'Isa's Mullet' on Sinclair Street.

Given your expressed and understandable concerns however, my recommendation would be to wait until next season, become a Queens Park supporter, and watch all your home games from the luxury of your new club's 18-seater Royal Box.

Aka their new stand.

Very best wishes from Cappielow.

6B55B90B-08D6-472F-BDF2-3B7CE4B4283C.jpeg.e2519392b54c254f6db61eb220a9ca9a.jpeg

1 hour ago, Mr.Blue said:

Team with nothing to play for against against morton who still have something to play for. Seen this one before. Hopefully I'm wrong but can see raith taking 3 points here.

Yep, I had this marked as the likely banana skin game if we were still in the play-off hunt. Now that we're really not in the hunt, hopefully we can just focus on producing a positive performance and result to finish the season on a high. 

If we can take 6-7 points from the last three games then it puts everyone* in a good place for next season. 

*excluding tedious clown DOT of course 

2 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Team with nothing to play for against against morton who still have something to play for. Seen this one before. Hopefully I'm wrong but can see raith taking 3 points here.

och stop it... aint gonna happen.