St Johnstone vs Hibernian, Saturday 22 April, 2023

I have had a good run of taking money off Skybet recently.

My betting luck appears to be as streaky as Lee Johnson, so last nights  "banker" bet on Arsenal to win, then a wee lay off on Stn to win at HT didnt quite work out. 🙄

I rarely bet on Scottish football, but put a fun bet of Ross County, Dundee Utd, and Hibs all to win today - so we can all see whats about to happen................................

6 minutes ago, Radford said:

Already buzzed for Saints lining up with a back three and Stevie May as a lone forward, kicking the ball away from kick-off then trying to play short from our first goal kick.

You’d just have to laugh and admire their commitment to the bit. 

Remi
   Brown   Mitchell   Gordon    Monty
Wright  Phillips   MacPherson Murphy
                  Rudden   May

Spoony / Murphy and Gordon / McGowan reasonable alternatives.

Thinking about the lineup, I know there's a view that we've got a decent squad but not sure that's the case at all. There's not many in that lineup you'd really want to hang on to. Phillips and MacPherson possibly the only ones that would bother me if they left. If Gordon can find the form from a couple of seasons ago, him too.

Recruitment and squad building ability has to be a big factor in the managerial appointment. Even if McLean does well he's not got that on his CV.

Expecting us to take a lead, lose it and camp in for a backs against the wall last 25 minutes.

I see Napier is the ref. Dreadful performance last time we had him, so expecting poor decisions and a few cards.

42 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Thinking about the lineup, I know there's a view that we've got a decent squad but not sure that's the case at all. There's not many in that lineup you'd really want to hang on too

Guess today is the first step to seeing whether we have good played dragged down by the drudgery enforced on them by Davidson, or whether they are just shit.

As an aside the FCU are going to be pushing it if the start of the game is bad. They want a minutes applause in the 20th minute for the 20yo stabbed in Perth, a 32nd minute applause for Callum Davidson, and then two displays during the match that will "obstruct some fans views for a short period".

Hibs fans. Driving fyi. You could end up stuck for quitr a while.

I'm sure you've been warned but if you're driving I'd strongly advise against coming off the A9 at the slip road at Tesco. Especially don't turn towards Tesco from there. There's a lane closure + the traffic is shite there every day of that week, never mind when the football is on with a lane closure.

Either straight over the junction there and round by the back gate, unsure if they'll open that gate or force you round the front gate again or down to the next roundabout on the A9 and back up the other side. If you're fit and able and early enough I'd probably come off at Broxden Roundabout into the housing scheme by the Porsche garage and parking walking distance from the stadium. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

34 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

a 32nd minute applause for Callum Davidson, and then two displays during the match that will "obstruct some fans views for a short period".

Steve Bright will be absolutely creaming himself. Nice touch from them, even if some will think it’s a bit cringeworthy. 

1 minute ago, PSJ.84 said:

Steve Bright will be absolutely creaming himself. Nice touch from them, even if some will think it’s a bit cringeworthy. 

Its not so much the cringe factor, its the fact by 32 minutes we could be a coupke of goals down, sat 2pts off the bottom of the table, and we'll be standing up to applaud the man who took us there.

Can see there being "issues" in that scenario between Saints fans.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its not so much the cringe factor, its the fact by 32 minutes we could be a coupke of goals down, sat 2pts off the bottom of the table, and we'll be standing up to applaud the man who took us there.

Can see there being "issues" in that scenario between Saints fans.

Aye I’m with you on that. On the other hand Wotherspoon has the ball out wide on the 32nd minute…

and there’s nobody in the box as Stevie May is up front by himself.

The only time I’ve ever seen Saints look good in a 4-3-3 was in the Moore-Grant-Maskrey era.  We must have used it successfully at other times but I can’t remember it.

4-4-2 all the way for me today, using players in their best positions. 

Matthews

Brown Gordon Mitchell Montgomery 

Wright MacPherson Phillips Wotherspoon      

Rudden  May

12 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

The only time I’ve ever seen Saints look good in a 4-3-3 was in the Moore-Grant-Maskrey era.  We must have used it successfully at other times but I can’t remember it.

Did we not play 4-3-3 a lot under Lomas?

Sure he had Liam Craig as a right winger at points.