Relegation from Lowland league

Lord Elron 44

46 minutes ago, Sermani said:

Really? the first colts vote Star voted against there inclusion, the second vote not sure how they voted, third vote abstained.

Would WOSFL teams really vote against Star's inclusion?  What is it with  the WOSFL teams? Decide they don't want an invite to the party then change there mind and turn up late. Then start trying to boss everybody else around. Are they sitting in big Ivory towers or just got a big chip on there shoulder

Sure I read that Star voted against last year too.

What the ex-joonyurs are afflicted with is called a 'superiority complex'.

As far as going West, I asked that question a wee while back and I'm sure was told that they would have to apply and come in at Tier10 like Threave, but of course that's not official confirmation from the WOS.

For @San Starko Rover

Edited by HorseyGhirl

1 hour ago, San Starko Rover said:

I’d have thought going to the South would be a terrible decision for Star. Unless promotion to the Lowland League increases they’d probably end up stuck in a league they’re too strong for while not being able to get out of it due to the East and West Champions being too strong for them in a playoff.  Can’t see the SOSFL winning the playoff against the other two leagues until the best teams are up.  Star could end up stuck for the foreseeable, waiting for Talbot, Darvel, Beith, Clydebank, Pollok, Sauchie, Mussleburgh, Jeanfield to go up.  After a few seasons in the SOSFL they may regress due to the level of the competition.  Threave have probably done the right move by joining the WOSFL, it’ll take time to move up the divisions but playing better clubs will improve them. Nothing against the SOSFL but the standard is pretty low due to the size of the clubs.  

You've done it now. That's virginton got you in his crosshairs. 

6 hours ago, Sermani said:

Whats that got to do with relegation from the Lowland League? The clubs all got 1 million euros each and any relegated team gets 2 million euros parachute payment .Yawn

Did the HL and LL teams get any payments, seeing as the colt teams robbed their places from them. Stretch, scratches backside.

Surely if the lowland league are capable and willing to play and complete a 19 team season they should really be giving those places to three teams from teir 6?

These clubs would cleary be ambitious and deserve the financial boost rather than three b teams whose parent clubs have too much cash.

Have any of these b team players got near first team football yet in the last two years? I doubt it.

2 hours ago, Sparticus said:

Surely if the lowland league are capable and willing to play and complete a 19 team season they should really be giving those places to three teams from teir 6? ...

Along with expanded pro/rel that's definitely what should have happened instead but most of the former EoS and SoS clubs still have an it's ma baw and you're no playin mentality to the pyramid.

5 hours ago, Sparticus said:

Surely if the lowland league are capable and willing to play and complete a 19 team season they should really be giving those places to three teams from teir 6?

These clubs would cleary be ambitious and deserve the financial boost rather than three b teams whose parent clubs have too much cash.

Have any of these b team players got near first team football yet in the last two years? I doubt it.

Let's not pretend otherwise. The willingness to have a 19 team league is solely for financial and getting to wear a tie to the b teams games once a season 

18 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Pmsl, first of all regarding the vote for B teams, I was unsure but any team who voted for it I can imagine most teams below would not want them in, (this is my view only) and in respect, (my view only agains) Dalbeattie are a south team not a WOSFL and the same should have actually applied to Threave.

In bold, see the shit some people write or totally ignorant or just haven't a clue.  Don't you understand it was the junior FA who didn't want their teams to leave, kept making excuses and the clubs listened to them but eventually most seen the light and the junior FA could handle the pressure anymore.  Doesn't matter if your the oldest club in the Scotland professional set up or the newest, they should be treated the same.  Clubs in Lowland voting against relegation from the Lowland is just , I'm my mind sick as feck and total self preservation and the attitude of 'feck the pyramid, we want to stay where we are by any tools possible'     The biggest problem in the Scottish Pyramid system, stopping it from functioning properly is the SPFL 2 league and the Lowland League.

I'm not speaking for any club in the WOSFL or EOSFL, I'm objective and been to many games this season in the WOSFL, EOSFL and Lowland League. Whatever dealings are going on, Clubs looking at self preservation or people who are corrupt in position of power and looking after their selves.  Our Scottish Football pyramid system is something that is growing for all and if everything is equal then we be a country where many would envy but we all have to work together and stop doing shitting deals and votes which we all know is wrong for Scottish football

Yes, Dalbeattie are a South team and should be in the South League along with Threave, but the clubs voted Threave in. Rumour  a while ago was that several other teams in the South were thinking of joining the WOSFL, would this be allowed to happen now the gate has opened?

As for the Junior FA i do understand,  down here there are a few supporters of the "big Ayrshire clubs" who give it how come Dalbeattie  are in the Lowland, there rubbish, we're bigger and better than them blah blah, it becomes tiresome. My answer is they should have applied when the League opened, they would maybe be in the league with Kelty and Bonnyrigg by now.  Don't take it personally,  

As for the Pyramid and self preservation,  i support Dalbeattie, tomorrow might be there last game in the lowland or not. There on field performances this season have merited relegation yet they might get saved. Utter nonsense. The Self preservation starts at the top, the premier league/championship play off, nonsense, bottom off league 2 play off, nonsense. The pyramid, great idea, but rushed in without everyone on board. It would be great to start again. The Blazers really need to get out the  offices and talk to the clubs and maybe even the supporters and try and understand. (views my own)

15 hours ago, Scott Power said:

Did the HL and LL teams get any payments, seeing as the colt teams robbed their places from them. Stretch, scratches backside.

The LL teams payments are discussed on another thread, no direct payment, but get things like entry fees, insurance, administration, refs etc payed for. If the HL let Colts teams in, Aberdeen, Inverness, Ross or Kingussie they might do things differently.

8 minutes ago, Sermani said:

The LL teams payments are discussed on another thread, no direct payment, but get things like entry fees, insurance, administration, refs etc payed for. If the HL let Colts teams in, Aberdeen, Inverness, Ross or Kingussie they might do things differently.

LL clubs received direct payments last season.

Edited by Pyramid Watcher

22 minutes ago, Sermani said:

Yes, Dalbeattie are a South team and should be in the South League along with Threave, but the clubs voted Threave in. Rumour  a while ago was that several other teams in the South were thinking of joining the WOSFL, would this be allowed to happen now the gate has opened?

As for the Junior FA i do understand,  down here there are a few supporters of the "big Ayrshire clubs" who give it how come Dalbeattie  are in the Lowland, there rubbish, we're bigger and better than them blah blah, it becomes tiresome. My answer is they should have applied when the League opened, they would maybe be in the league with Kelty and Bonnyrigg by now.  Don't take it personally,  

As for the Pyramid and self preservation,  i support Dalbeattie, tomorrow might be there last game in the lowland or not. There on field performances this season have merited relegation yet they might get saved. Utter nonsense. The Self preservation starts at the top, the premier league/championship play off, nonsense, bottom off league 2 play off, nonsense. The pyramid, great idea, but rushed in without everyone on board. It would be great to start again. The Blazers really need to get out the  offices and talk to the clubs and maybe even the supporters and try and understand. (views my own)

Don't take it personally but look, a couple of things on here, if you support a team, its hard to be objective when your team is involved in the post or your league, association etc.. so I get it.
I (believe), come in at this objectively, have my own views, strong mined but susceptible to change if its for the benefit of Scottish Football

Rumour, well lets quash this.   The WOSFL has only being going for a few years and there was no rumour or any foundation of a group of southern teams joining a league that was just starting up as there were enough already.  This was never going to happen, all these West clubs had enough shit to get on with, leaving the junior FA, (Were many still had affiliation in their minds and some still do) and then joining the SFA rules and having to fall within all those guidelines.

a few supporters of the "big Ayrshire clubs" who give it how come Dalbeattie  are in the Lowland.
To be honest, who gives  a shit, 'that is really my teams is better than your team view' and these things/comments will always be made. The Lowland are in tier 5 as they joined first, nothing wrong with that whatsoever, just jealous people moaning. 

We also know self preservation starts at the top, agreed again but ffs, get everything else sorted and the focus is on the top and their self preservation.
Any person, fans or club who says the way the relegation works in the spfl2 / lowland at the moment is fair, I will call them a liar to their face. 
     No club in the West/East (see how I'm not adding the SOSFL in this part), is saying yeah they should be higher, or if they are, don't listen to them, in realty they just want a fair promotion/relegation in and out of the leagues so that progressive teams should not be held back.

Do many fans know that we have a pyramid system and the ones that have heard so do they know how it works at the moment ?, my answer to you would be NO.  Most old firm fans haven't got a clue that a Highland and lowland league exists and anything further down is only rumour at most to them.   Yes ignorance is bliss, what ever anyone's view, Darvels Scottish cup exploits, in beating Aberdeen and getting to the firth round is huge as in one of the, if not the greatest shock in Scottish football and everyone outside tier 6 saying, "who are Darvel and what league are they in'.  More and more people wanted to know more, sparking interest

The pyramid, great idea, but rushed in without everyone on board. It would be great to start again.

100%, but when is the right time to join, it took a while to get the WOSFL to start and we have, the WOSFL starts at tier 6 and that's where they are at, are there teams who are good enough to be higher up, yes 100%, I say this as I go to games in the Lowland, WOSFL and EOSFL often.   Regarding the lowland league, its getting better, the standard is rising.  You look at 2015/16, - 16/17,  - 17/18 etc.. and you can see the league changing as weaker teams are lost to relegation or even folding.    I believe we have potentially  a great product but self preservation is a big stumbling block, from the SFA, SPFL, Old firm B teams, Lowland  and even the West etc..  
but the pyramid is growing and in realty is new when all areas now covered so there will be bumps along the way.

The pyramid will grow and hopefully become stronger and fairer for everyone giving an equal chance to progress and see how far they can go

20 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

I’d have thought going to the South would be a terrible decision for Star. Unless promotion to the Lowland League increases they’d probably end up stuck in a league they’re too strong for while not being able to get out of it due to the East and West Champions being too strong for them in a playoff.  Can’t see the SOSFL winning the playoff against the other two leagues until the best teams are up.  Star could end up stuck for the foreseeable, waiting for Talbot, Darvel, Beith, Clydebank, Pollok, Sauchie, Mussleburgh, Jeanfield to go up.  After a few seasons in the SOSFL they may regress due to the level of the competition.  Threave have probably done the right move by joining the WOSFL, it’ll take time to move up the divisions but playing better clubs will improve them. Nothing against the SOSFL but the standard is pretty low due to the size of the clubs.  

'We need to play a better standard of clubs than you to improve ourselves' is a horseshit argument when the bigots churn it out after their latest European humiliation. It has no more substance when applied to non league football. 

6 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Rumour, well lets quash this.   The WOSFL has only being going for a few years and there was no rumour or any foundation of a group of southern teams joining a league that was just starting up as there were enough already.  

Are you sure 😉

30 minutes ago, Hossy87 said:

Well, your people and your information is incorrect.   

Your people  lolol
Honestly, some of the crap that is said,  not one club with a brain would have wanted the southern teams in, with al the travelling, many didn't want to even go to the WOSFL but the junior FA let them down so you making  a statement that West clubs would want southern clubs to join their new WOSFL,  that is the craziest thing ever  lolol

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Your people  lolol
Honestly, some of the crap that is said,  not one club with a brain would have wanted the southern teams in, with al the travelling, many didn't want to even go to the WOSFL but the junior FA let them down so you making  a statement that West clubs would want southern clubs to join their new WOSFL,  that is the craziest thing ever  lolol

Given I was part of the conversations, I think I should know. 

encanto-mirabel-madrigal.gif

2 minutes ago, Hossy87 said:

Given I was part of the conversations, I think I should know. 

encanto-mirabel-madrigal.gif

LOLOL,   yeah a wee conversation here and there and your told southern team are wanted when no WOSFL would vote them in,  yeha can see it now,  lets vote in a bundle of southern teams so teams in the west can travel further lolol and yeah,  our WOSFL is just starting and still to iron out who is going to be office bearers but yeah chats about southern teams joining.  

Whoever you were talking to had as much power as you talking to yourself in a mirror.  I know for a fact it would never have happened.
Ok, you say you were part of the conversations so you go with that.  But it never happened, so no point us going on

7 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

LOLOL,   yeah a wee conversation here and there and your told southern team are wanted when no WOSFL would vote them in,  yeha can see it now, 

It would seem to me that most of these conversations would have been around when the WoSFL was being formed. Where the LL were basically taking anyone interested and compliant.

Also thank f*ck no one seems to share your mentality, otherwise Campbeltown & Threave wouldn't have got a look in once the league was up and running.