Scottish Rhyming Slang

Corned Beef for deaf (deef) is a good one, Lorraine Kelly for skelly as well.

I worked with a guy years ago and said he'd shagged a lassie at the weekend and she was alright but had some set of Marino Keith on her. He was saying she had massive teeth and it buckled me as it was a relatively obscure reference.

57 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Other than 'pan breed' (for deid), do we have rhyming slang north of the border?  Completely fabricated suggestions from the P&B masses are encouraged...

17 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Anyone referencing small, dried fruit wrt a particular football club will be reported...

Roon ye.

Cowdenbeath for deaf round here.

I knew a guy from Perth who said "Take a Desmond at that". It was from Desmond Dekker= a deck

"Tex Ritters" is a bit more acceptable than "Gary Glitters" these days..

Jam Tarts and Cabbage and Ribs

A guy called Rab at work was known as Sherbert Dab

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Other than 'pan breed' (for deid), do we have rhyming slang north of the border?  Completely fabricated suggestions from the P&B masses are encouraged...

'Pan breed' isn't really rhyming slang.  'Proper' rhyming slang is such as 'have a butchers' or 'nice titfer'.  or, 'like yer Barnet'.

8 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

'Pan breed' isn't really rhyming slang.  'Proper' rhyming slang is such as 'have a butchers' or 'nice titfer'.  or, 'like yer Barnet'.

Or 'Rangers fans are all Jeremys',  after the Chancellor of the Exchequer's surname

Off the topic a bit, but too good not to share:

“Many years ago, I worked in tech support for online banking. We were based in an office in Glasgow.

One evening I get a call from an irate man. I give my opening spiel, with an obvious but fairly soft Glasgow accent.

Caller: “F***’s sake! I can’t understand you! Where are you?”

Me: “We are based in Glasgow, sir.”

Caller: “F*** that. Everyone in Glasgow is stupid and addicted to heroin. I want to talk to someone English!”

Me: “Unfortunately, sir, as we are based in Glasgow, all of the staff here are Glaswegian. There are no English people employed in this centre.”

Caller: “Is there another centre?”

Me: “Yes, there is another centre that handles these calls, but—”

Caller: “F*** you! I’m going to hang up and call back until I get the other centre! Then I can speak to someone English!”

He hung up. What I was about to say before he hung up was that the other centre was based in Wales.”