National Conference League

edinabear

9 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

England and France the top two successful European nations now and both have no no B teams in their league system

Not quite true. If we ignore England's reserves as they're so low and doesn't involve full-time teams.

France does have B teams up until the 4th tier where they cannot be promoted further.

5 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Not quite true. If we ignore England's reserves as they're so low and doesn't involve full-time teams.

France does have B teams up until the 4th tier where they cannot be promoted further.

60 clubs above those leagues and no significant big b teams would put clubs in the equivelant WOS or EOS leagues without any chance od going further

Rangers and Celtic b finished joint 44th and 45th after buying their way in this season.It's a disgrace.

15 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

60 clubs above those leagues and no significant big b teams would put clubs in the equivelant WOS or EOS leagues without any chance od going further

You think the 3 National Leagues in France are the same as the SPFL, Highland and Lowland League?

Quite a few recognizable names in there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022–23_Championnat_National_2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022–23_Championnat_National_3

18 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Do the proposals cover what happens if the top 4 LL and top 2 HL teams at the end of the 23/24 season say they don't want to move into this abomination of a league ?

If the SFA push it too far it could be the end of the pyramid imo. 

3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

So pretty much what we already have here now under the current rules and a dedicated reserve (under 23's league) for the full time bairns

Could they not just revamp the other competitions?

Revert the league cup back to a straight knockout and make the challenge cup a bigger comp with decent group stages?

The b teams already get in the challenge cup and nobody would bother.

Maybe someextra matches and cash for the smaller clubs here too.

Keeps the b teams out the pyramid as there is no fair solution to them being there and gives them a meatier competition against even better sides.

Everyones a winner.

Edited by Sparticus

A Challenge Cup group stage featuring ties against Hearts B and a stack of extra LL teams would attract record low attendances among the SPFL clubs whose presence is the only thing propping that tournament up (just about) at the moment. 

Edited by vikingTON

10 hours ago, welshbairn said:

If the SFA push it too far it could be the end of the pyramid imo. 

Could be talking utter balls here, but do the SFA as a UEFA association need to have some sort of pyramid.

I have it in my head somewhere the only reason that a pyramid got life here is because of UEFA.

Of course I was maybe in a parallel universe at the time, in fact am I in one now.

😱😱

11 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

For whatever reason, while many L1 clubs appear to have officially received the SFA's shambolic 5 page document, several L2 clubs have not. That's not to say they haven't seen a copy, but it's odd behaviour from the governing body.

There should be a prize for guessing why this has happened. 

Every single member club received the SFA AGM documentation around 10 days ago, the details are in that.

13 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Every single member club received the SFA AGM documentation around 10 days ago, the details are in that.

The Stenhousemuir chairman is claiming they haven't received it.

P. S. An interesting reply below..

image.png.5b01e2ae5a3f3e4784be054538b3c152.png

Edited by welshbairn

12 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

For whatever reason, while many L1 clubs appear to have officially received the SFA's shambolic 5 page document, several L2 clubs have not. That's not to say they haven't seen a copy, but it's odd behaviour from the governing body.

There should be a prize for guessing why this has happened. 

Every SFA member club has received the documentation.

4 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Could be talking utter balls here, but do the SFA as a UEFA association need to have some sort of pyramid.

I have it in my head somewhere the only reason that a pyramid got life here is because of UEFA.

Of course I was maybe in a parallel universe at the time, in fact am I in one now.

😱😱

There has to be on paper a way to get promoted from bottom to top. However, a few countries (including The Netherlands unfortunately) set conditions that are so excessive, that it's effectively a closed system unless clubs have sugar daddies. 

1 minute ago, Marten said:

There has to be on paper a way to get promoted from bottom to top. However, a few countries (including The Netherlands unfortunately) set conditions that are so excessive, that it's effectively a closed system unless clubs have sugar daddies. 

So it's one of those paying 'lip service' moments.

Good to know there appears no set rules or guidelines they need to follow. 

Shouldn't be surprised I suppose.

3 hours ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

38 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

He could be buying time, I would be astonished if they didn’t receive it.

Therefore are you adamant or astonished?

I've already said, several L2 clubs did not receive the documentation from the SFA last Friday. Wouldn't jump to conclusions on this, it may have been an administrative oversight.

What makes you so unshakeable in your view that 'every single member club' was sent the proposals at the same point?

Edited by Dundee Hibernian