National Conference League

edinabear

28 minutes ago, Greenmachine said:

They are working on it though.

Quite the contrary. They've been told about it and right now the Lowland have done nothing more than to vote to delay its introduction. 

Nobody else has had to do anything because it has gotten that far yet. 

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Quite the contrary. They've been told about it and right now the Lowland have done nothing more than to vote to delay its introduction. 

Nobody else has had to do anything because it has gotten that far yet. 

Watch the LL catch up podcast with Thomas Brown.

1 minute ago, Greenmachine said:

Watch the LL catch up podcast with Thomas Brown.

All he said was "somebody" told him that League 2 clubs were in favour, and that all the leagues had been told about it through the PWG. Being as he was singlehandedly responsible for getting the B-teams back into the LL last season I don't see him as a reliable, neutral voice anyway.

2 hours ago, Greenmachine said:

They would never have brought it forward without running it past SPFL clubs first.

It's not Scottish footballs problem that Old Firm have bloated youth systems. It's their problem.

Have they not heard of the loan system or slimming down youth systems and using cash elsewhere?

English football manages fine, without the need for B team dross.

1 minute ago, Father Ted said:

It's not Scottish footballs problem that Old Firm have bloated youth systems. It's their problem.

Have they not heard of the loan system or slimming down youth systems and using cash elsewhere?

English football manages fine, without the need for B team dross.

I’m with you on this!

All I’m saying is that it’s further down the road than folk on here think.

38 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Since it’s in the Articles of Association???

Nowhere in the Articles of Association does it specify how many clubs, what the make up of the clubs are, how promotion and relegation between the leagues and how the leagues themselves function. They can make up a league all they want, but unless clubs resign from their prospective leagues they won't have any clubs to play in it, and unless the leagues they feed into at each end agree to a relegation and promotion mechanism they will be in a self contained league with nowhere for champion clubs and bottom clubs to go to. And you know all this, so why are you arguing the toss?

1 hour ago, Greenmachine said:

They are working on it though.

Apologies but I haven't yet read through the posts which came after the one above. However, unless you are willing and able to substantiate what you say then it is worthless spin.

It would be really interesting to learn more now if you really know more.

6 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Nowhere in the Articles of Association does it specify how many clubs, what the make up of the clubs are, how promotion and relegation between the leagues and how the leagues themselves function. They can make up a league all they want, but unless clubs resign from their prospective leagues they won't have any clubs to play in it, and unless the leagues they feed into at each end agree to a relegation and promotion mechanism they will be in a self contained league with nowhere for champion clubs and bottom clubs to go to. And you know all this, so why are you arguing the toss?

I didn’t say It did, I refer you back to the first sentence in your post - “What does the SFA have to do with leagues”, I then refer you to article 18.1. Which is the pertinent point to which I was referring.

Edited by Pyramid Watcher

Has anyone actually been given or seen an actual offical document with the detailed plans? 

Or is this only being reported by Thomas Brown and his crayon scribbling pals at the red tops?

There seems to be NO other sources... 

Also, one of the main reasons for allowing the Colts in 1st time round was they would all get to sit together with the PWG... How's that going LL Chairmen? 

13 minutes ago, Greenmachine said:

I’m with you on this!

I'm not trying to be rude by persisting in asking you this, but how do you know? Are you close to the situation?

A lot of people dedicate their time (for free) to helping out non-league clubs and are very passionate about how this will impact their clubs future. The fans appear to be getting kept in the dark so if you know more than people on here it would be appreciated if you could elaborate.

31 minutes ago, Greenmachine said:

I’m with you on this!

It wouldn't be the first time the SFA presents something as a "done deal" and it then isn't. They could easily want to paint that picture so everyone thinks it's a done deal and it gets less resistance.

The "done deal" of the juniors moving across is a perfect example of this. I've spoken to people involved in certain clubs about this and they were convinced it was a done deal because they have literally been told that by Maxwell. We all know how that worked out. Safe to say that these same people are now a lot more sceptical about anything Maxwell comes with now.

1 hour ago, Spyro said:

Has anyone actually been given or seen an actual offical document with the detailed plans? 

Or is this only being reported by Thomas Brown and his crayon scribbling pals at the red tops?

There seems to be NO other sources... 

Also, one of the main reasons for allowing the Colts in 1st time round was they would all get to sit together with the PWG... How's that going LL Chairmen? 

Thomas Brown chairman of the Lowland league said in the official catch up podcast that no plans for the league have bene made, in the way its run, how it will operate etc..   My preference is the SFA know its too fecked up to try and have it working properly

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Thomas Brown chairman of the Lowland league said in the official catch up podcast that no plans for the league have bene made, in the way its run, how it will operate etc..   My preference is the SFA know its too fecked up to try and have it working properly

So no then... 

And the LL chairmen still swallowed it, or have some other reasons for voting the way they did

11 minutes ago, Spyro said:

So no then... 

And the LL chairmen still swallowed it, or have some other reasons for voting the way they did

Going by Thomas browns conversation he only stated that the conference was coming.
If this guy is stating this and the conference is still to be voted on by the Lowland league and Highland league then his position is really untenable.

I have no time for anyone who is looking after themselves or trying to make a buck to go against what's is best for Scottish football and fairness.

Everyone knows this conference league is wrong, even the ones who are trying to get it shoehorned in know that it is so wrong

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

10 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Yeah I like the official catch up but the let him go, were too nice and didn't put him in a corner to get the truth

They've been pushing the same message as him from the start, IT'S A DONE DEAL! Not once did they him why, like will any club or league have a vote or anything?