National Conference League

edinabear

3 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

What bits did you think were lies, without using the obvious answer of “all of it” 😀

I’ll give you the first one, when he said option 3 had to be taken as 1 and 2 couldn’t pass spfl clubs.   The status quo is always an option. 

He tied himself in knots flipping between the sfa would push for 23/24 but the always wanted 24/25

Stating he knew the intentions of league 2 clubs, despite not knowing a single club who would be playing league 2 next season.

I’m sure there’s more but f**k listening to that again.

Also worth bearing in mind, regardless of what was said on the podcast, there was no meaningful Pyramid Review by the SFA.

You'd think that a Pyramid Review would encompass all aspects of it, speak to clubs (or invite their feedback) at all tiers to hear their views on what was going well, what was not going well, suggestions for improvement etc etc.  You know an actual review, and based on the feedback put together some proposals.

That simply did not happen. Not even an easy to construct online survey of clubs. There was no review beyond what B teams wanted and what the SPFL didn't.

That's one quite glaring lie example of claims not matching reality.

Edited by Burnieman

33 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Also worth bearing in mind, regardless of what was said on the podcast, there was no meaningful Pyramid Review by the SFA.

You'd think that a Pyramid Review would encompass all aspects of it, speak to clubs (or invite their feedback) at all tiers to hear their views on what was going well, what was not going well, suggestions for improvement etc etc.  You know an actual review, and based on the feedback put together some proposals.

That simply did not happen. Not even an easy to construct online survey of clubs. There was no review beyond what B teams wanted and what the SPFL didn't.

They should also consult with supporters' groups. I would not renew a season ticket if entering a 10 team league which included four B teams and would not attend any of the proposed 8 home matches involving B teams. I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one, so how much income would they lose from supporters? I would rather attend matches in lower tiers.

58 minutes ago, forfarton said:

They should also consult with supporters' groups. I would not renew a season ticket if entering a 10 team league which included four B teams and would not attend any of the proposed 8 home matches involving B teams. I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one, so how much income would they lose from supporters? I would rather attend matches in lower tiers.

Doubt the Blazers at any level give an eff what you do?

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

That's the problem. It was never a pyramid review. It was just a review of how to burden us all with b teams for the longer term.

Thomas Brown has been knobbled, he sounds as if this is a done deal and no way out of it and doesn't sound too bothered about it.
He has an agenda as someone has applied pressure to him or he has been given something to sweep it through and apply pressure to the Lowland league teams to say yes
We have all been conned and now we are all dropping down a tier and take everyone longer to get up if your good enough and imagine playing in a league of 10 where 4 or 5 are B Teams, and either 1 or 2 from Highland League and 4 from Lowland league what an absolute con.
The SFA just want more Old Firm matches to get interest and make money.  Get Maxwell to feck immediately 

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

1 hour ago, forfarton said:

Exactly. I'm happy we are in the pyramid now, but imagine if the SFA get even more B-teams, meaning that a promotion for us would land us in a division full of B-teams? In my opinion, should that happen, we should just go back to having separate junior leagues. And that's coming from me, someone who has been supportive of (what were then) the juniors all moving into the pyramid.

34 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Aberdeen 

Thomas Brown says no. I suspect the addition of Aberdeen earlier was a pretence to make it a credible, national thing rather than just an empty threat to Lowland League clubs to vote the right way on 22/23 B-teams. Job done.

Edited by welshbairn

It was a huge mistake by the LL clubs to allow the B teams in for a season.   "It's only for one season, honest guv" .  Aye Right- phase one complete. Several LL teams were absolute mugs.

Phase two is the Old Firm engineering a tier 5 ten team league where clubs get £40K a season.   As sure as night follows day the Old Firm once this abhorrent league is allowed will start their campaign to promote the B teams into tier 4 ......then once there,  another campaign to tier 3.

The Old Firm and their facilitators ( The SFA ) using the old divide and conquer approach will pick off any opposition one by one using threats, intimidation and promises.

The teams and leagues from tiers 2 to 10 must unite and tell the dark forces that Scottish Football clubs are not going to be steamrollered. 

Bin the B's  !!!

2 hours ago, JuniorRaver said:

Wos/Eos/Sos clubs being thrown to one side again. Making it harder & harder for ex junior teams to climb the pyramid.

All about self preservation for L2 clubs, must be scared to death of the new comers.

Can I just point out that none of this has been voted on at any level - HL or LL or SPFL. 

How you can say this is all about the self preservation of Tier 4 clubs is beyond me.

Any clubs in Tiers 4 or 5 voting for this to happen would be utterly crazy.

None of the fans at Tier 4 want anything to do with B teams or a half-arsed conference with B teams in it.

For me the LL clubs need to collectively say they will not agree any change in the Club 42 promotion/relegation arrangements and give notice the B teams are leaving at the end of season 23/24.  Where they go is not their concern.  Let the SFA try and bully tier 4 into admitting them there. 

Time for the Lowland League to grow a set of balls.

I can understand Official Catch Up wanting to keep these exclusive interviews with Thomas Brown going, but not at the expense of the most soft ball questioning imaginable. The 'conference' fait accompli was accepted without question, nothing about any possible need for ratification by the leagues and SFA membership, just a very apologetic question about how long a B-team player might be in a first team squad before being permitted back to the B-team, the answer given being from a "commercially confidential" document we aren't allowed to read.

Edited by welshbairn

The only positive I took from that was that 3 champions promoted after next season. However, if the lowland is dropping a tier does that now mean the rules may change for teams like beith to go up instead of having a license. Surely at tier 6 you won’t need a license? 🧐

Other than that, postman pat seems pleased with his work to save and preserve his beloved Gala. I just hope it falls through and league 2 clubs are against this as well as other SPFL clubs.