🔵⚪️St Johnstone v Dundee United🟠⚫️ 06/05/23

1 hour ago, Theyellowbox said:

You'd think a reasonably cost efficient way to do it would be to just put up one of the nets like we have behind the goals during the warm up. Nothing would get through and when the seats aren't in use, then it just gets put away. The revenue from a single game selling that 100 or so seats would more than pay for it.

Not that it is needed anyway. Other teams have much less of a gap between fans and its never been a significant issue. 

For me, I'd rather every away team is given behind the goal, regardless of how many fans they bring. Having 200-300 hundred County fans in there would be much more preferable for atmosphere (and optically better), than being stuck away up in that corner of the main. 

Same, makes for a far better atmosphere.

Suppose it’s cheaper in terms of turnstile operators, stewards and catering folk to stick them in a stand that’s open anyway rather than open one specially. Pity, but as PSJ says can kind of understand it from a cost point of view.

Hopefully one of Bair or Rudden have done enough to start alongside May in a front two for the next match.

Their impact on the game should be measured as much by how well Stevie May plays as how they do personally.  He needs a partner to be the target man and take up the cb’s attention to leave him free to drift into space.

Losing Nicky Clark to injury was a double blow in my opinion; he was quietly effective himself, but playing alongside him resulted in the best form of Stevie May’s last 6 years or so.  It’s no coincidence that he hasn’t played half as well since.

9 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Same, makes for a far better atmosphere.

Suppose it’s cheaper in terms of turnstile operators, stewards and catering folk to stick them in a stand that’s open anyway rather than open one specially. Pity, but as PSJ says can kind of understand it from a cost point of view.

The thing is, I'm not sure it would cost that much more. You still need a turnstile operator and a couple of folk serving food. Only additional cost I can think of is possible an extra steward?

If there is no away fans in the main, then you don't need to open that turnstyle or the food kiosk. 

18 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

The thing is, I'm not sure it would cost that much more. You still need a turnstile operator and a couple of folk serving food. Only additional cost I can think of is possible an extra steward?

If there is no away fans in the main, then you don't need to open that turnstyle or the food kiosk. 

But I think we offer all away teams main stand seats as well, so it’s always open anyway.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Already United fans bragging about getting home end tickets.

Should be fun.

Must be something to do with having purchased tickets for an earlier game. I wondered about this earlier so tried with an email I’ve that’s got no purchasing history with Saints and it wouldn’t allow me in. The one I use for my season ticket would, obviously. 

Tam will get them anyway. 

Edited by PSJ.84

1 minute ago, PSJ.84 said:

Must be something to do with having purchased tickets for an earlier game. I wondered about this earlier so tried with an email I’ve that’s got no purchasing history with Saints and it wouldn’t allow me in. The one I use for my season ticket would, obviously. 

Tam will get them anyway. 

You can just phone up and get them, by the sounds of things.

37 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

There is a rumour (and only second hand) that Brown is considering moving the season ticket holders to give Utd a third stand. Clearly not learnt much from when they did this for cheeks.

This would be catastrophic and as such you cannot rule it out.

I expect Saints making an announcement of ‘only’ giving Utd fans the north and north end of the Main was to appease Saints fans.  Can’t imagine they’ll try desperately hard to enforce it and lose out on the cash.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see the Ormond Stand with a few hundred utd fans in, and can’t say it bothers me personally.

Let’s be honest, we’re talking about a bunch of folk from Angus who walk about in bright orange tracksuit tops.  It’s not exactly some diehard ultras from Besiktas or the like who’re going to make it a partisan intimidating atmosphere.