No to B teams

Hang on, they're planning on parachuting 4 of these "B" sides into a league featuring only 10 teams? What the Jesus suffering f**k? That's crazed.

I knew the Old Firm, along with their drooling band of useful idiots, were mendacious and maniacal but this is truly something else.

20 minutes ago, George Parr said:

Hang on, they're planning on parachuting 4 of these "B" sides into a league featuring only 10 teams? What the Jesus suffering f**k? That's crazed.

I knew the Old Firm, along with their drooling band of useful idiots, were mendacious and maniacal but this is truly something else.

Yeah it's about as bad as the idea could of been for a new league, SFA as ever purely thinking financially and subservient to the big clubs.

I don't know about anyone else here but in my mind the fairest way to creating a new 5th tier would be to take 5 teams from the Highland league 5 from the lowland league(excluding B teams), and take the 5 teams from each league based on average points/league position over the previous season or even multiple seasons.

Interested to hear any other ideas.

7 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

I don't know about anyone else here but in my mind the fairest way to creating a new 5th tier would be to take 5 teams from the Highland league 5 from the lowland league(excluding B teams), and take the 5 teams from each league based on average points/league position over the previous season or even multiple seasons.

There's no need for a national league below the SPFL, I'd even split the Lowland League into East and West.

On 29/04/2023 at 16:10, RateofKnots said:

As much as I applaud the notion, all 20 L1 and L2 chairmen could vote against it, and it won't matter if the 22 above them vote for. Its nailed on the top 12 will, so they only need 10 more votes.

Why would the top 12 vote for it when only 3 have shown any interest? The top SPFL sides in the North probably get more value out of a strong and competitive Highland League to loan their players to than shipping them down south to play u20's kick around.

Edited by welshbairn

As much as I applaud the notion, all 20 L1 and L2 chairmen could vote against it, and it won't matter if the 22 above them vote for. Its nailed on the top 12 will, so they only need 10 more votes.

Why would Kilmarnock, Motherwell, St Mirren etc be more likely to vote for it than clubs in League 2? The clubs at the bottom end of the SPFL are more likely to see a benefit than any Premiership or Championship club outside of the 4 or 5 biggest city clubs.

No they won’t Rateofknots! St Mirren and Motherwell will definitely vote NO to this abomination. I can also predict that Kilmarnock, Hibs and Livingston will be opposed. Don’t know about the rest but if their fans are anything to go by, there is no support from the top league for this

Perhaps it is time for all clubs to consider breakaway leagues involving all current teams except the OF. Let us set up new leagues and leave them in the Bigot league of 4 - them plus their B teams and they can play each other continually to their hearts content. After all they have no interest in the welfare of football in this country so let them go it alone. OF GTF

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

It may say 'SFA' on the tin, but be in no doubt that the OF are orchestrating this, and IMO the timing of Peter Lawwell's return to Parkhead is significant in all of this.

Was that old duffer Ann Budge not the one who initially dreamt up a proposal to include colt teams in the SPFL? I’m sure it involved Hearts avoiding relegation at the time. She was certainly a very vocal supporter of the initial Rangers proposal involving colt teams in the SPFL. 

Hearts and Aberdeen are getting off lightly here IMO. f**k the two of them as well.

2 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

You'd be hard pushed to get 5 teams from the Highland League interested in playing in a league where half the teams are from the central belt, imho.

36 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Was that old duffer Ann Budge not the one who initially dreamt up a proposal to include colt teams in the SPFL? I’m sure it involved Hearts avoiding relegation at the time. She was certainly a very vocal supporter of the initial Rangers proposal involving colt teams in the SPFL. 

Hearts and Aberdeen are getting off lightly here IMO. f**k the two of them as well.

Does any of that really matter ?  The Old Firm are the clubs which call the shots in this and I doubt many if any of their officials or fans worry or care what anyone else thinks.

However, it is unlikely the same disdain would apply at other clubs if their stance was found contrary to the majority of supporter opinion - and that's where we all come in. 

Convert rather than condemn and utterly isolate the OF and their stooges in the SFA and lickspittle media.

2 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Does any of that really matter ?  The Old Firm are the clubs which call the shots in this and I doubt many if any of their officials or fans worry or care what anyone else thinks.

However, it is unlikely the same disdain would apply at other clubs if their stance was found contrary to the majority of supporter opinion - and that's where we all come in. 

Convert rather than condemn and utterly isolate the OF and their stooges in the SFA and lickspittle media.

You forgot "running dog"...

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

And those involved at Aberdeen or Hearts do? 

I'd be astonished if Hearts or Aberdeen fans are passionate about B teams.  And neither are OF fans, but they believe that the rest of us rely on them for our very existence and as such our clubs should bow the knee to their every demand.

1 minute ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I'd be astonished if Hearts or Aberdeen fans are passionate about B teams.  And neither are OF fans, but they believe that the rest of us rely on them for our very existence and as such our clubs should bow the knee to their every demand.

Either way, the two of them deserve every bit as much criticism as the others. Hearts in particular have been pushing this from the very start. It’s not like they are a couple of innocent bystanders caught up in all of this. I just hope there aren’t any other clubs from their league eyeing this up and thinking they fancy a slice of it. 

11 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

And those involved at Aberdeen or Hearts do? 

Thomas Brown, Sun reporter, LL chairman and in Maxwell's pocket backtracked on Aberdeen's involvement, ruled them out if they'd rushed it in for 23/24 at least. I can't see it making any sense for them, financially or in football development terms. They're far better off loaning players out, some to Highland League teams, other to SPFL, depending on their level.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

You'd be hard pushed to get 5 teams from the Highland League interested in playing in a league where half the teams are from the central belt, imho.

I get that the travel is the obstacle especially at part time level, I'm being idealistic in terms of fairness competitively.

On 02/05/2023 at 15:21, craigkillie said:

Why would Kilmarnock, Motherwell, St Mirren etc be more likely to vote for it than clubs in League 2? The clubs at the bottom end of the SPFL are more likely to see a benefit than any Premiership or Championship club outside of the 4 or 5 biggest city clubs.

I'm desperate to hear what the benefit would be. 

Enlighten us.