No to B teams

8 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Thought it was on or before 2018 if they had a license ?
Think there were some SOSFL teams with a license before this date.

Is there anywhere confirming confirmation of which teams can and cannot vote on their conference league ?

@NotoBTeams on Twitter have a spreadsheet. It suggests:

All tier 1-5 teams

Burntisland Shipyard 

Coldstream 

Fort William 

Girvan 

Glasgow University (declared No)

Golspie Sutherland 

Hawick Royal Albert 

Linlithgow Rose (declared No)

Newton Stewart (declared No)

Preston Athletic 

St Cuthbert Wanderers (declared No)

Threave Rovers 

Vale of Leithen 

Whitehill Welfare 

Wigtown & Bladnoch 

Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale 

A voting process with Stirling Albion trust membership fans was concluded on Friday. The club will now be voting NO to the conference proposal on Tuesday, in line with that vote. 

Edited by WC Boggs
add

Perhaps some of the lower league boards who are still undecided on the Conference proposition due to their view that the proposed league will provide guaranteed funds (a bribe) to club 42 should bear in mind that last decade two* of the three planned B clubs have had huge financial difficulties.

If, and it’s surely doubtful, the SFA/SPFL proposal gains enough positive votes, I think they should ask for the five years entry payment up front, half a million from each of the three.

I know, one of them is a ‘new’ club, but I've simplified the point.

10 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Perhaps some of the lower league boards who are still undecided on the Conference proposition due to their view that the proposed league will provide guaranteed funds (a bribe) to club 42 should bear in mind that last decade two* of the three planned B clubs have had huge financial difficulties.

If, and it’s surely doubtful, the SFA/SPFL proposal gains enough positive votes, I think they should ask for the five years entry payment up front, half a million from each of the three.

I know, one of them is a ‘new’ club, but I've simplified the point.

There’s no need to simplify. We know which one is a new club 

On 03/06/2023 at 16:58, WC Boggs said:

A voting process with Stirling Albion trust membership fans was concluded on Friday. The club will now be voting NO to the conference proposal on Tuesday, in line with that vote. 

Same with Clyde Members, an overwhelming no, therefore the Board will follow suit.

Hilarious to see that after seeing almost every club that has put out a statement on the conference league has rejected it, Maxwell is now trying to spin it as clubs self interest the absolute irony in that is mind blowing, how can we have someone that out of touch in his position he clearly has no  genuine interest in democracy or fans if he'd be so petty to not even look into the reasons why nobody actually wants it.

Edited by ScottishLoon

1 hour ago, ScottishLoon said:

Hilarious to see that after seeing almost every club that has put out a statement on the conference league has rejected it, Maxwell is now trying to spin it as clubs self interest the absolute irony in that is mind blowing, how can we have someone that out of touch in his position he clearly has no  genuine interest in democracy or fans if he'd be so petty to not even look into the reasons why nobody actually wants it.

The standard of office bearer at the top of scottish football is akin to something that the worst soap opera writers would reject as unbelievable.

4 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

Courtesy of Ian Maxwell I actually revelled in some schadenfreude last night watching Thistle crash and burn at Dingwall.  

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

The player pathway already exists, these clubs just don't want to use it. The only consultation that should follow is the one to consider replacements for Ian Maxwell. 

Between this and bending the knee to another country's cup final, his time should be up.

Well with Livingston Fc announcing they will be voting NO, https://twitter.com/LiviFCOfficial/status/1665720705177079811  to the conference and informed that Motherwell FC would be doing the same, no wonder that idiot Maxwell and the SFA said there will be no vote tomorrow.

Maxwell should go as he is so out of touch with Scottish Football, he hasn't a clue thinking this conference league will improve youth players to improve Scottish National Team and remember folks, Thomas Brown the Lowland League chairman should go as he said early on in the Official Catch Up that the conference league is happening no matter what Highland and Lowland decide.
Maxwell stated that only about 8 under 18s were playing in the Scottish premiership, stating the players weren't good enough and that's why they haven't been chosen by managers.     BUT what Maxwell doesn't tell us is that 61 % of players playing in the Scottish Premier are not Scottish, no wonder young players are not being picked by Scottish top teams as manager are under pressure to win straight away and don't let youth gain valuable experience so they bring players with experience from outside Scotland.
Croatia is a different country to Scotland, different climate, different people, different temperament and attitude to us and ALL coach's in Croatia are part time or full time payed by the Croatian FA, including grassroots coaches, https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-soccer-croatia-idUKKBN1O61P5   That idiot Maxwell didn't tell us that ehh, thinking we can just copy them missing out important ingredients and all will be well.

Out with this, what I find interesting is MOST of the clubs from the SPFL 1, n 2, Lowland, Highland, West, East, South etc.. all going against this conference league as every team knew this was wrong, so right now, this is something that can be take further, dialogue, talk to each other, make sure meetings can be arranged to chat about the problems of the pyramid.   Now the pyramid isn't fair and is not equal to all but at the moment its working slowly while not working correctly, but teams can see an avenue to progress.  This is a time to reflect for teams but be aware and ready to be contacted by the SFA to cajole all teams into thinking the conference is the ideal scenario for all concerned when it is not.

Wake up call for us all regarding the Pyramid
The SFA will be trying to get this conference in the pyramid in the future, that's for sure so must be totally aware of this.  The pyramid as we know, many have fought long and hard to get it up and running but WE ALL KNOW its not functioning the way it should and for all there is no doubt the only problems that show in the pyramid is genuinely quick self interest with the SPFL2 voting for no relegation, only a play off for club 42 and the Lowland League voting for 1 possible relegation, its time to get it sorted as, and sorry if I'm wrong here, Clubs like East Stirlingshire, Berwick Rangers, Cowdenbeath, Brechin City and soon to be Albion Rovers have and will realize that voting for No relegation when in SPFL2 has only put the former SPFL clubs in disaster mode as when they are relegated they don't come back due to, (maybe not realizing but doubt it), in reality voting for a harder way to get back to the SPFL and I don't see any of them making it back for a long time.  I do believe these clubs if asked again would vote for 2 automatic relegation from the SPFL2 and a bottom 3rd in playoff or similar, giving them a greater chance of return if and only when they get their act together on and off the park.

Thank feck this conference is binned at the moment

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

14 hours ago, Beachcomber said:

Theatening 30% of a ten team League with relegation is just as crackers as the Conference !

I would love to see an 18 team League Two and 18 team Lowland League with 2 up and 2 down and play off with 3rd bottom v winners of 2nd HL / 2nd LL. Would open up the leagues a lot but I can't see it ever being voted through. Would give the current SPFL League Two teams some breathing space as majority should finish at least 15th out of 18 teams as standard now at Highland League / Lowland League isn't as strong now with money clubs now in SPFL apart from perhaps East Kilbride and ones in West of Scotland League.

Edited by Shannon