No to B teams

27 minutes ago, Hammyton said:

The paperwork is out for the proposed new league set up.

The word is most teams in tge League 2 will vote for it.  You need to start putting pressure on your teams.

I’d imagine the LL clubs will vote for it too.

Most clubs that have gained licenses recently won’t get a vote as the SFA changed the rules and started making them associate members with no voting rights.

Once again to further the self preservation of SPFL clubs who don’t want to get outvoted .

Edited by Greenmachine

47 minutes ago, Greenmachine said:

I’d imagine the LL clubs will vote for it too.

Most clubs that have gained licenses recently won’t get a vote as the SFA changed the rules and started making them associate members with no voting rights.

Once again to further the self preservation of SPFL clubs who don’t want to get outvoted .

We won't be taking lectures on self preservation from the club who masterminded the SPL breakaway, was a driving force behind an SPL2 and is now strong-arming their fucking reserve team into the league system. Wind yer neck in. 

1 hour ago, Hammyton said:

The word is most teams in tge League 2 will vote for it.  You need to start putting pressure on your teams.

The word from whom exactly? 

29 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

We won't be taking lectures on self preservation from the club who masterminded the SPL breakaway, was a driving force behind an SPL2 and is now strong-arming their fucking reserve team into the league system. Wind yer neck in. 

The only reason there isn’t automatic promotion and relegation in and out of the SPFL is because diddy clubs in L1 and L2 know that they’re no better than loads of non league clubs.Especially without their yearly hand out.

6 hours ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

I was looking for an answer outwith the B team argument. There seems to be a feeling of it’s “a good day out” or “I like going to their ground” for wanting them to stay in the league, do fans not want to see it freshened up?

How many Div 2 fans would look forward to  “a good day out” in Coatbridge?

4 hours ago, Greenmachine said:

None of the SPFL clubs who’ve gone down have come back.

There are good reasons for that. This is not like England where Football League clubs drop into a sponsored well-run league - which is still full-time. Instead it's into an abyss which has no sponsorship money and a fair few teams with recent records of relative success and momentum, and the parachute payment is no kind of brake to that  (and arguably shouldn't be.) Also the teams who go down here are unlikely to be able to attract a sufficient calibre of player to play in what can be seen as a sinking ship and most likely will suffer a fall off in attendances - thereby compounding the problem - especially in a league riddled with B teams. You'll note Brechin in the Highland League didn't suffer that latter disadvantage.

It would be astonishing if any of them came back up quickly.

26 minutes ago, rockson said:

There are good reasons for that. This is not like England where Football League clubs drop into a sponsored well-run league - which is still full-time. Instead it's into an abyss which has no sponsorship money and a fair few teams with recent records of relative success and momentum, and the parachute payment is no kind of brake to that  (and arguably shouldn't be.) Also the teams who go down here are unlikely to be able to attract a sufficient calibre of player to play in what can be seen as a sinking ship and most likely will suffer a fall off in attendances - thereby compounding the problem - especially in a league riddled with B teams. You'll note Brechin in the Highland League didn't suffer that latter disadvantage.

It would be astonishing if any of them came back up quickly.

So the clubs in the SPFL must be protected from what all the clubs outwith have to deal with and they are never to be given the chance to progress because of a historical anomaly?

If clubs don’t  want that fate then they shouldn’t get relegated! That’s what happens in virtually every country in the world.

it’s called competition.

Edited by Greenmachine

11 minutes ago, Greenmachine said:

So the clubs in the SPFL must be protected from what all the clubs outwith have to deal with and they are never to be given the chance to progress because of a historical anomaly?

If clubs don’t  want that fate then they shouldn’t get relegated! That’s what happens in virtually every country in the world.

it’s called competition.

Please don't twist my words. I didn't say that about SPFL clubs at all. What I did say was that there are very good reasons why when these clubs are relegated they don't - won't - get back up any time soon. A fact which also doesn't indicate a functioning pyramid by the way.

And they also aren't dealing with what clubs outwith the SPFL have to deal with. They're confronting  a completely different set of circumstances - which I pointed out in my post.

4 hours ago, Hammyton said:

I've seen the bare bones that some outlets have released. 

Sounds even worse/poorly thought through than I imagined.

21 hours ago, Greenmachine said:

it’s called competition.

The Highland league and the Lowland league are not part of the SPFL structure, that is why there is no automatic promotion or relegation. The door is open via a play off, if a team can prove they are better than the worst performing team in the SPFL.  

Let's contrast that with Rangers and Celtic's long running aspirations to get admitted to the English premier league from a league that is not part of the English FA structure. That door is very firmly shut in your all we care about is us faces.  Go cry for automatic promotion there.  The "diddy teams" out B teams in plan is as deserving of resistance as the English clubs resistance to having you parachuted in  and the crocodile tears for the non SPFL clubs fool nobody.  Just more "diddy teams" you don't give a toss about.

The most ludicrous thing about this whole proposition is the fact that the SFA/ SPFL/ Celtgers (or whoever dreamed up this abortion ) have only presumed that there is a demand from Premier clubs to have their colt sides included in a conference league.................It appears that none of the clubs they hoped would join the two cheeks have actually been contacted going by the reaction from Aberdeen. 

The whole thing is a massive shitfest. 

One reason that this Conference bollocks has reared its head is that the LL told the B teams they could GTF as, when European matches were on, the Bs fielded greatly weakened teams and got thumped.  When no Euro legs on they fielded very strong teams resulting in a totally skewed league depending on what other fixtures were scheduled when you played them.

Completely farcical, a situation that won't change with the proposed setup.