The Final Battle - Queen's Park vs Dundee FC - 05/05/2023

45 minutes ago, Skeletar Spider said:

There's no way I'd be starting Fox either. I'd start Bannon and Kilday, but given that it was Eze that came on for Fox at Cappielow, I think we can assume it'll be Eze tonight if he doesn't go with Fox.

Bannon and Kilday by far. It’s just impossible for Eze to go for 90 mins without mucking something up. Tbh, I think a lot of it is on Kilday’s opinion and who he feels most comfortable with. The daggers he gave young Oakley at Morton after the pen and then the boy is whipped off. And he definitely doesn’t work well with Eze. I’ve just got the fear with Charlie that he’ll do something reckless. He seems to have totally lost the plot.

Bigger problem likely to be the top 3 line. Coyle’s juggled it every week since the Hamilton away game and none of the combinations have worked well. Scotty’s not got enough in him for a lone striker yet, not for 90 mins anyway. The idea of Eze up there for the last 20 isn’t that mad for me. 

On 04/05/2023 at 09:51, Ben Reilly said:

I know it's been covered here before, and mostly ignored because it doesnt suit some folks narrative, but you do realise that the terrace will be pretty much full.

The rumoured capacity at ochilview seems to keep expanding day by day over the last 2 week's, and I've seen some people suggesting it holds up to 5K.

In reality (and someone can correct this with exact figures if they can be bothered) it actually only holds about 2.5k.

With QP fans having just under 700 in the stand and another few hundred standing, and Dundee having just under 1200, it's going to be pretty full.

Even with the BBC's ultra 4k HD cameras, you're going to struggle to see the wide open spaces that some people are assuming.

The last time we were at Ochilview in the cup (about 5 years ago) we got an allocation of 1,800 for the terrace and sold about 1,600. Makes sense from a pic of that day as it isn't completely full on the far right.

So that gives you an idea of how many that end can hold, though of course it's up to QP how many they actually want to sell. A few weeks ago at EEP we were limited to 2.5k despite being in a stand with 3k seats

img_1_1683279221045.thumb.jpg.4924d73bd3f00e6786bc03a2942e4c3a.jpg

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

35 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Bigger problem likely to be the top 3 line. Coyle’s juggled it every week since the Hamilton away game and none of the combinations have worked well. Scotty’s not got enough in him for a lone striker yet, not for 90 mins anyway. The idea of Eze up there for the last 20 isn’t that mad for me. 

It has to be Shields through the middle. Hasn't scored for 10 weeks, but he's our only realistic option. And I'd agree that if we need a goal going into the latter stages of the game, chucking Eze up front and causing a bit of chaos sounds pretty appealling.

2 hours ago, Dave said:

Most exclusive game in Europe this season.

Not a patch on Stirling vs Dumbarton...

What a night in the Championship btw, drama at top and bottom. Can't wait for it to get started!

Edited by Estragon

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

The last time we were at Ochilview in the cup (about 5 years ago) we got an allocation of 1,800 for the terrace and sold about 1,600. Makes sense from a pic of that day as it isn't completely full on the far right.

So that gives you an idea of how many that end can hold, though of course it's up to QP how many they actually want to sell. A few weeks ago at EEP we were limited to 2.5k despite being in a stand with 3k seats

img_1_1683279221045.thumb.jpg.4924d73bd3f00e6786bc03a2942e4c3a.jpg

selfish scream queens GIF

3 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Bannon and Kilday by far. It’s just impossible for Eze to go for 90 mins without mucking something up. Tbh, I think a lot of it is on Kilday’s opinion and who he feels most comfortable with. The daggers he gave young Oakley at Morton after the pen and then the boy is whipped off. And he definitely doesn’t work well with Eze. I’ve just got the fear with Charlie that he’ll do something reckless. He seems to have totally lost the plot.

Tin hat on for this one but we have to win and whilst I agree that Kilday will probably have the say, Fox is the only CB we have that can bring the ball out of defence comfortably, (imho he was our best player last game v Dundee albeit the bar set was pretty low).  

Every time I hear OC, Oakley is suffering either from a niggle or illness; Davidson deserves his chance and  has worked pretty well when on the same wing as Savoury, (who I'd play wide).  We also need early season Robson back too.  

Eze on the bench please for the last minute winner.  Who precedes him up front is anyone's guess.

It's a nervy situation to be in but at least having the play offs means there will be a second bite at it for the loser though that could possibly mean us eventually playing them across the road.
Season 7 Nbc GIF by The Office

With both teams trying their best not to win it the last few weeks and playing shit I expect a classic tonight.

5-4 to The Dee. Please.

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

It's a nervy situation to be in but at least having the play offs means there will be a second bite at it for the loser though that could possibly mean us eventually playing them across the road.

At least as a worst case scenario we get the 2nd place cushion in the play-offs. If QP lose then they could very well be playing again in 4 days.