The Final Battle - Queen's Park vs Dundee FC - 05/05/2023

Had some winnings from a free bet left in my mcbookie account, so have plonked the lot on a QP win. So either we are champions on Friday night, or I have £125 to drown my sorrows with and buy playoff tickets with…

6 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Plus, and it's a big plus we have Queens to thank for allowing us to make good money in the SC.

We've saved you from financial meltdown, Sandy. But that is Queen's Park all over; thinking of others.

But not on Friday.

We have to come good sometime after a dreadful run with the better players taking a dip in form Hopefully OC has brought in Peter Powers, a voodoo punter or some other mental healer to put our boys under the 'fluence.

Jarrett in? Definitely Thomas back.

The Dees are pish away from home anyway. Safe home win.

38 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

Had some winnings from a free bet left in my mcbookie account, so have plonked the lot on a QP win. So either we are champions on Friday night, or I have £125 to drown my sorrows with and buy playoff tickets with…

Will be doing the same, usually fucks the team I'm betting on, we'll wait and see.

37 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Will be doing the same, usually fucks the team I'm betting on, we'll wait and see.

Put a fiver double on with Raith. 

Thank you.

34 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

F*cks sake. No matter how Friday turns out, puting a bet on against your own team is absolutely tin pot behaviour imo. 

Thank you

21 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Wouldn't know, haven't been in the same league as those diddys since the birth of P&B.

We gifted you your only Scottish Cup final win ya ungrateful b*****d. And we also gifted you a spot in the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup in 1967-68 which I believe you did OK in

1 hour ago, mcjameos said:

F*cks sake. No matter how Friday turns out, puting a bet on against your own team is absolutely tin pot behaviour imo. 

Thank you

The year we got relegated under McIntyre I put a £10 bet on our opposition to win.  I kept letting the winnings  roll over on to the next game's opposition.  I reached just over £330 and then took that and bet on us getting relegated at 6/1.

The £2300+ win from an initial £10 outlay cushioned the relegation.

Haven't had anything like that since.

Queens will keep this tight, as I presume we will. There is no point in losing the game in the first 15 mins and we have been vulnerable to set pieces. My guess is that they will sit back, keep the game disjointed, hope for a set play goal and if it’s 0-0 with 15 mins to go, then they will go for all out attack. 

First goal will obviously set the tone for the game and I think it needs to come from us. If it does get to 0-0 with little time left, I can see us panicking. 

Do we bring Cammy back for this 1 ? Mulligan has been sent off a few times this season and do we risk him ? 

Genuine question.

I've seen a number of Dundee fans posting about heading to Stenny without tickets.

Why?

Is it in the hope that they will find a way to get into the ground, or to see the game from some other vantage point (I'm not sure there are any)?

Or is it some sort of protest against the ticket situation, which admittedly hasn't been great for either set of fans?

I understand both sets of fans want to be there for such an important game. But with the news now that there will be an additional cordon round the ground (presumably because of  fans planning to come without tickets) and more importantly, with the game live on free TV, why would anyone want to stand around outside the ground, possibly in the rain, and risk missing the game entirely,  or at best, watching on a phone (probably with a delay so you'll hear the live crowd reaction before you see whats happening) when you could watch if at home or in a pub.

I've seen some say they'll watch it in a local pub in Stenny, but why go to the expense and hassle to travel through there rather than watch it in a pub close to home? Surely even Dundee has a better range of boozers than Larbert/Stenny.

Again, this is a genuine question, as I don't think I would have ever considered it as a serious option if I didn't have a ticket.

What am I missing?

It’s an event, the culmination of a whole season. Watching at home or in the local does not make it special enough for many. Going there, even without a ticket, and being part of a larger group makes it something. 

52 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

Genuine question.

I've seen a number of Dundee fans posting about heading to Stenny without tickets.

Why?

Is it in the hope that they will find a way to get into the ground, or to see the game from some other vantage point (I'm not sure there are any)?

Or is it some sort of protest against the ticket situation, which admittedly hasn't been great for either set of fans?

I understand both sets of fans want to be there for such an important game. But with the news now that there will be an additional cordon round the ground (presumably because of  fans planning to come without tickets) and more importantly, with the game live on free TV, why would anyone want to stand around outside the ground, possibly in the rain, and risk missing the game entirely,  or at best, watching on a phone (probably with a delay so you'll hear the live crowd reaction before you see whats happening) when you could watch if at home or in a pub.

I've seen some say they'll watch it in a local pub in Stenny, but why go to the expense and hassle to travel through there rather than watch it in a pub close to home? Surely even Dundee has a better range of boozers than Larbert/Stenny.

Again, this is a genuine question, as I don't think I would have ever considered it as a serious option if I didn't have a ticket.

What am I missing?

For something to do tbh, bored of the same scenes in Dundee and away game drinking is always better, the game is usually what spoils the day out anyway😂 Id rather be with thousands of fans in a different town than paying £12 to sit in Fatties with shite expensive beer.

Should be a good atmosphere and there’s that off chance you do manage to get a ticket for whatever reason. There will be a large number of supporters with no tickets as i’ve seen quite a lot of people discuss it already on Facebook and Twitter, so i’m assuming anyway

Seems to be quite a common thing tbh with teams who have more fans than tickets available. I remember at at Livi and St Johnstone there were hundreds outside the ground watching it

11 minutes ago, mychurch said:

It’s an event, the culmination of a whole season. Watching at home or in the local does not make it special enough for many. Going there, even without a ticket, and being part of a larger group makes it something. 

mmmm........profound!

6 hours ago, mychurch said:

Even if you might not see the game?

6 hours ago, Lalo said:

For something to do tbh, bored of the same scenes in Dundee and away game drinking is always better, the game is usually what spoils the day out anyway😂 Id rather be with thousands of fans in a different town than paying £12 to sit in Fatties with shite expensive beer.

Should be a good atmosphere and there’s that off chance you do manage to get a ticket for whatever reason. There will be a large number of supporters with no tickets as i’ve seen quite a lot of people discuss it already on Facebook and Twitter, so i’m assuming anyway

Seems to be quite a common thing tbh with teams who have more fans than tickets available. I remember at at Livi and St Johnstone there were hundreds outside the ground watching it

Fair enough i suppose, but personally I'd rather guarantee I saw the game.

I suppose its one of the advantages of having a small support that I've never had to think about it. This must be the first game ever,  or at least in decades, that our demand has been more than our allocation. But with the low capacity at Lesser, we may start to get used to it 

13 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

We've saved you from financial meltdown, Sandy. But that is Queen's Park all over; thinking of others.

But not on Friday.

We have to come good sometime after a dreadful run with the better players taking a dip in form Hopefully OC has brought in Peter Powers, a voodoo punter or some other mental healer to put our boys under the 'fluence.

Jarrett in? Definitely Thomas back.

The Dees are pish away from home anyway. Safe home win.

I wouldn't agree with the 'safe home win' but if your defence contains their wings then you have a good chance, against us they had no fire power boxwise and that cost them a win.

12 hours ago, mcjameos said:

Thank you

Pish. If you know your side are shite and the bookies haven't bothered to reflect that in their prices then it's more mental not to back against them.