The Final Battle - Queen's Park vs Dundee FC - 05/05/2023

1 minute ago, an86 said:

Literally only one club has been indulging in public displays of emotion over this. I don’t think we’ve actually even made any public comment on the matter. 

Owen Coyle commented on it (unprompted) in his pre-match interview on Sportsound on Saturday.

I’ll be watching on the tv. 

One thing is for sure it has to be better than the Cove match!

It’ll probably be a high scoring draw.

Thank you. 

Tell Third Eye GIF by Denyse®

7 hours ago, Zanetti said:

The number of tickets available to home supporters is very limited, as following their appeal to the SPFL the club have been forced to give Dundee the terrace which makes up the vast majority of Ochilview's capacity.

There has been an initial sale to season ticket holders wishing to buy another one for friends or family. I don't know how many are left after that to even be sold, perhaps you can fill us in since you're the expert here?

The fact there are even any left for a relatively small stadium amuses me. Fair enough if you are trying to sell out hampden or something but it’s literally the biggest game of your teams existence. 

45 minutes ago, an86 said:

Literally only one club has been indulging in public displays of emotion over this. I don’t think we’ve actually even made any public comment on the matter. 

I know I am in a minority amongst QP fans in that I have some sympathy for Dundee in this situation.

If QP had been able to get their fingers out & get a 4-5,000 seat stadium built at lesser Hampden, then Dundee fans would presumably be getting a couple of thousand tickets at least.  As I have said before, Dundee FC were absolutely right to try & secure  more tickets for their fans.

However, we are where we are and constantly bleating on about the injustice of it all is just becoming tiresome (from both sides btw)

Maybe someone should start a new thread " are QP a tinpot Gretna tribute act or are Dundee a third rate OF tribute act with a misplaced sense of entitlement?." so I can avoid this nonsense & concentrate on a game which features two teams who have been falling over each other not to win the league.

Most of the recent form tables you see seem to suggest Dundee are favourites. After several hours of painstaking searching I have found some stats which suggest QP may just be favourite.

QP have taken 11 points from their last 6 home games.
Dundee have amassed 7 from their last 6 away games.

conclusive? I should think so.

thank you

Given a Friday night I have no doubt if this game kicked off at 3pm on Saturday the stadium would have 3,000 Dees fans in it.

At the same time QP want to maximise their support for a huge game (QP v Celtic, Rangers etc).  It might mean a few empty seats here and there but overall it will be a sell out, plus Live TV.

Let's do it and kick their fuckin' ass!

Step Brothers Mf GIF by reactionseditor

27 minutes ago, Aufc said:

The fact there are even any left for a relatively small stadium amuses me. Fair enough if you are trying to sell out hampden or something but it’s literally the biggest game of your teams existence. 

Did you miss the part about how anyone who wants to attend but doesn't have a season ticket, or know anyone who does, hasn't had the opportunity to buy a ticket yet?

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Official attendance for QP v Dundee 29th October was 1006. The stand was virtually full (why capacity) that night so your lot brought about 400. In the league cup game back in the summer attendance was 636 so your lot brought between 1-200. You were offered 500.

You do have a glory section right enough. Your attendance for last weeks game v Cove was almost 3000 bigger than the earlier same fixture on a Saturday. 

Do any clubs not have a glory section? I reckon the glory section tends to increase exponentially with the size of the club.

ICT will probably have high 4 figures, if not 5, at their cup final but can barely get a couple of thousand for most games.

We had 11,000 home fans when we won the league 9 years ago and, similarly to this, that had sold out unexpectedly fast with a lot of excess demand.

Aberdeen had 40,000+ at their league cup win.

The OF could probably get a quarter of a million if they played each other in a cup final, if such a stadium existed.

Edited by stu2910

7 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

Can we not build one in Rwanda & give them all one way tickets?

Should work, half of them claim to not be from this country and many of us wish the other half weren’t.

2 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

The stand wasn't full, I was there and there was large amounts of space that probably isn't apparent looking straight into the stand.

Don't know why you Queens morons keep crying over SFA intervention and attendance figures anyway. Your Diddy club has chosen to make this a complete embarrassment to all concerned on Friday and we'll all just have to get on with it.

You lot can weep and whail all you want.

Thank you.

Your board showed no class with those announcements. Carefully worded to point blame at QP. Fact is, both teams have to agree. We made a fair offer given the other league game and you disagreed. And it was Dundee who made a complaint. Disagreed and then complained. So the shitshow is entirely on you. 

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

1 hour ago, Aufc said:

Might be for the team but not the club. Nowhere near as big as appearing in the FA Cup final twice. Unfortunately we failed to win it. 

11 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

Do any clubs not have a glory section? I reckon the glory section tends to increase exponentially with the size of the club.

ICT will probably have high 4 figures, if not 5, at their cup final but can barely get a couple of thousand for most games.

We had 11,000 home fans when we won the league 9 years ago and, similarly to this, that had sold out unexpectedly fast with a lot of excess demand.

Aberdeen had 40,000+ at their league cup win.

The OF could probably get a quarter of a million if they played each other in a cup final, if such a stadium existed.

We probably took around 20k in 2003.

16 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Your board showed no class with those announcements. Carefully worded to point blame at QP. Fact is, both teams have to agree. We made a fair offer given the other league game and you disagreed. And it was Dundee who made a complaint. Disagreed and then complained. So the shitshow is entirely on you. 

It's a police matter now; if your team is too amateur to cater for a large away following then be prepared to have thousands in and around the ground one way or another. 

Serious potential for Health and Safety implications with such a small time team with small minded agendas in a game like this. Hopefully your executives are reading up on crowd management measures or your pot of gold might run out sooner than you think when Nelms makes a mockery of your incompetent management post match. 

As i said there's no point in continuing about this. Lets move on and look forward to the match now and leave Police Scotland along with Health and Safety officials to make any further call. 

Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Aufc said:

it’s literally the biggest game of your teams existence. 

You realise Queens Park have played in the top flight before, dont you?

Technically theyve played in a World Cup Final too.

10 hours ago, Zanetti said:

Pretty embarrassing coming on to Pie and Bovril and spouting nonsense about something that doesn't have anything to do with you. 

:lol:

Are you new here?

10 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

Lots of pics and videos on Twitter of queues at Dens Park, many of whom look to have been there overnight.

Street was packed full at 3am. 

We dem boys.