The Final Battle - Queen's Park vs Dundee FC - 05/05/2023

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

Pish. If you know your side are shite and the bookies haven't bothered to reflect that in their prices then it's more mental not to back against them. 

I get that. However, to imply some Dundee fans are doing this because they think their team is "shite" and going to get beaten is "pish". To quote the comment I initially replied to, it is being done as it "usually fucks the team I'm betting on" which is tinpot behaviour. 

6 minutes ago, mcjameos said:

I get that. However, to imply some Dundee fans are doing this because they think their team is "shite" and going to get beaten is "pish". To quote the comment I initially replied to, it is being done as it "usually fucks the team I'm betting on" which is tinpot behaviour. 

I kind of get why some Dee fans would take QP at that price tbh. It wont take the devastation away but a ton in your pocket will take a bit of the sting out of it. 

14 minutes ago, mcjameos said:

If I was a Queens Park fan the last thing I'd be doing is coming on here to shout about tinpot behaviour. 

Thank you.

21 minutes ago, mcjameos said:

It’s not that deep lad, c***s are doing it so if Dundee do somehow f**k it up (which is possible) at least you have a bit of cash for it. Nobody wants the bet to win, i’ll be gutted if it does.

Really starting to feel the excitement/nerves for this game now.

Davidson for Oakley, Jarrett for Williamson with Shields back upfront and I'm going to trigger most of my fellow QP fans by saying Eze for Fox. Fox has been poor recently and yes, Eze may cost us a goal, but in a game we have to win I'd be whipping every single set piece in the Dundee half onto his head, he can cause havoc in the box. I'd even stick him on the halfway line for goal kicks to win those too, given how poor we've been at that.

QP to shitfest a one goal victory, flood warnings issued in Larbert due to Dundee tears and me to leave a mwi TONTROOPER-style trail of destruction across most of the Championship forum threads.

Thank you.

5 minutes ago, Lalo said:

It’s not that deep lad, c***s are doing it so if Dundee do somehow f**k it up (which is possible) at least you have a bit of cash for it. Nobody wants the bet to win, i’ll be gutted if it does.

"usually fucks the team I'm betting on" was the comment I initially replied to. 

Agree with the reasons posted above about going. I’d add to that the absurdity of a half empty ground with fans watching from outside whilst it’s being beamed live on tv making a mockery of our national game again. 

I’m sure Rangers would’ve played there with the full allocation in the away end during their days of the lower leagues, what’s the difference with us. Why would the police want to stop people from standing on wasteland wanting to watch such an important game that has the away terracing half empty?

100% I’m going down without a ticket. 4 games I’ve missed all season, why wouldn’t I go?

Edited by Yenitit

The overuse of “tinpot” by Dundee fans reflects where they are. It’s an 18th century insult. It’s been many a long season since tin was mined in this island and no tin pots haven’t been manufactured for decades. The Archibald Leitch Museum is bad enough but using 18th century cooking equipment as the basis of an insult is frankly embarrassing.

Pick yourselves up lads and get in the 21st.

You’re welcome.

7 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Agree with the reasons posted above about going. I’d add to that the absurdity of a half empty ground with fans watching from outside whilst it’s being beamed live on tv making a mockery of our national game again. 

I’m sure Rangers would’ve played there with the full application in the away end during their days of the lower leagues, what’s the difference with us. Why would the police want to stop people from standing on wasteland wanting to watch such an important game that has the away terracing half empty?

100% I’m going down without a ticket. 4 games I’ve missed all season, why wouldn’t I go?

There’s not a part of Ochilview pitch area visible from outside the stadium. And why are you making comparisons with Rangers? Your chums were very keen not to be compared to Rangers earlier in the season. #derry#billyboys

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

I’m sure Rangers would’ve played there with the full application in the away end during their days of the lower leagues. Why would the police stop people from standing on wasteland wanting to see a game that has the terracing is half empty?

I know it's been covered here before, and mostly ignored because it doesnt suit some folks narrative, but you do realise that the terrace will be pretty much full.

The rumoured capacity at ochilview seems to keep expanding day by day over the last 2 week's, and I've seen some people suggesting it holds up to 5K.

In reality (and someone can correct this with exact figures if they can be bothered) it actually only holds about 2.5k.

With QP fans having just under 700 in the stand and another few hundred standing, and Dundee having just under 1200, it's going to be pretty full.

Even with the BBC's ultra 4k HD cameras, you're going to struggle to see the wide open spaces that some people are assuming.

10 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Because it’s weird as f**k. Also looks like they are putting extra measures in place so you won’t get anywhere near the ground.

4 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

I’m sure Rangers would’ve played there with the full application in the away end during their days of the lower leagues, what the difference with us. Why would the police want to stop people from standing on wasteland wanting to watch such an important game that has the away terracing half empty?

The ground isn't going to be half empty though. Thistle had roughly 1000 fans in that stand here, and Dundee will have even more on Friday:

20230504_094811.thumb.jpg.fa084f6364c05004a79cb0512027d6a0.jpg

The main stand, and the area behind the opposite goal are also going to be full.

For what it's worth I've missed fewer than 4 games this season and I still wouldn't be travelling down in your situation. Hanging around the streets of Larbert is bizarre behaviour.

10 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

The ground isn't going to be half empty though. Thistle had roughly 1000 fans in that stand here, and Dundee will have even more on Friday:

20230504_094811.thumb.jpg.fa084f6364c05004a79cb0512027d6a0.jpg

The main stand, and the area behind the opposite goal are also going to be full.

For what it's worth I've missed fewer than 4 games this season and I still wouldn't be travelling down in your situation. Hanging around the streets of Larbert is bizarre behaviour.

Posting photos of half empty stands to prove a point?

There's huge pockets of space in that picture including the right hand side which is an eighth of capacity. If everyone was sitting in that stand there would be empty seats galore (like the home end tomorrow). Sell out my arse.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

12 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

There’s not a part of Ochilview pitch area visible from outside the stadium. And why are you making comparisons with Rangers? Your chums were very keen not to be compared to Rangers earlier in the season. #derry#billyboys

Are you about 12?

26 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

I’m sure Rangers would’ve played there with the full application in the away end during their days of the lower leagues, what’s the difference with us. Why would the police want to stop people from standing on wasteland wanting to watch such an important game that has the away terracing half empty?

Fabulous stuff here.

Shades of when Sawyers was kicked our of RP and essentially live streamed himself shouting in an empty Rugby Rd.

Let us know how you get on will ye?

10 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Posting photos of half empty stands to prove a point?

There's huge pockets of space in that picture including the right hand side which is an eighth of capacity. If everyone was sitting in that stand there would be empty seats galore (like the home end tomorrow). Sell out my arse.

Thank you.

I'm not convinced that maths and fractions are your strongest subject.

And if everyone was sitting in that stand there would be zero empty seats, just a lot of people sitting on cold concrete complaining they can't see.

You're welcome.

Edited by Ben Reilly

57 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

If I was a Queens Park fan the last thing I'd be doing is coming on here to shout about tinpot behaviour. 

Thank you.

Especially if my fellow fans had just been talking about "the advantages of having a smaller support". 

Minter.