The Final Battle - Queen's Park vs Dundee FC - 05/05/2023

1 minute ago, Zanetti said:

Pretty embarrassing coming on to Pie and Bovril and spouting nonsense about something that doesn't have anything to do with you. There's been no public sale of tickets (yet), so I'd love to know how it should be sold out already?

Seems pretty well organised if that is the case. Biggest game for the club ever and not even put the tickets on sale yet. Good effort

4 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Seems pretty well organised if that is the case. Biggest game for the club ever and not even put the tickets on sale yet. Good effort

The number of tickets available to home supporters is very limited, as following their appeal to the SPFL the club have been forced to give Dundee the terrace which makes up the vast majority of Ochilview's capacity.

There has been an initial sale to season ticket holders wishing to buy another one for friends or family. I don't know how many are left after that to even be sold, perhaps you can fill us in since you're the expert here?

26 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Pretty embarrassing from QP in such a big game and they can’t even fill ochilview. Glad sense has been seen by some which allowed Dundee to get more tickets. 

Queens were hanging back until this weekend past when Dundee would've received another 2000 tickets if the title race was over. As it is they're now throwing them on sale to whoever wants one in the home end (to be annonced soon) despite not even close to selling their initial amount where season tickets could get a +1.

Some way to treat their fans. As it is the away end is being left at half capacity to prevent Dundee fans in the stadium to increase the atmosphere from the away terracing.

Some showpiece for the season this. The stadium is goinf to be half empty in all ends of the ground. The word Diddy springs to mind.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

25 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Queens were hanging back until this weekend past when Dundee would've received another 2000 tickets if the title race was over. As it is they're now throwing them on sale to whoever wants one in the home end (to be annonced soon) despite not even close to selling their initial amount where season tickets could get a +1.

Some way to treat their fans. As it is the away end is being left at half capacity to prevent Dundee fans in the stadium to increase the atmosphere from the away terracing.

Some showpiece for the season this. The stadium is goinf to be half empty in all ends of the ground. The word Diddy springs to mind.

Thank you.

Plenty of tickets already sold to QP fans with a high demand for the rest once they are made available.

Queens will fill all the available space on their two sides of the ground, whereas Dundee will only half fill their one end.

It's hilarius that to the watching TV audience in this great showpiece advert for Scottish football, it will be Dundee who will look to have been unable to fill their stand 😉

🎣  🪤

34 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Thank you.

Pay attention! It’s already been established, with published statistical evidence, that the true capacity for Ochilview is circa 2700, probably less now as some of that is now a car park on the north side. The thousand limit in the covered end was on the agreement with Police Scotland on safety grounds. It’s clearly not a QP decision as we wanted Dundee in the east end. The SPFL and the police made the choice.

When Partick Thistle visited at  Ne-erday  the crowd was 1665 with the stand full so about an 1000 Thistle fans in the shed.and it was packed. No danger of getting 2000 in there. And the stand is now sold-out plus tickets already been sold to identifiable QP supporters for the east terrace. 

Except it’s not really a terrace and it doesn’t have cover. So dry your eyes. Your board’s Billy big boots routine has forced home supporters out of their rightful spot. Still, at least there’ll be dancing at that end. 

Genuinely, I do hope that for the Championship's sake, given it's televised, it's a decent match.

Serious question re Dundee's squad; how many players have you under contract for next season, as I'm thinking that whomever progresses, their squad is going to need some serious augmentation.

19 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

Genuinely, I do hope that for the Championship's sake, given it's televised, it's a decent match.

Serious question re Dundee's squad; how many players have you under contract for next season, as I'm thinking that whomever progresses, their squad is going to need some serious augmentation.

I believe we have 3 players under contract for next season 

French

Byrne

Rudden

We've already tried to punt Byrne and rudden is horseshit 

So we probably only have 1 player who will definitely be here next season 

21 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

Not worked out if it’s a good thing or not yet, but only 3 I think. Tyler French has a broken leg, Zak Rudden is on loan at St Johnstone and Shaun Byrne is here but clearly not fancied by the manager.  So in all likelyhood 1 and he can’t walk at the moment!

Just now, Charliedee said:

I believe we have 3 players under contract for next season 

French

Byrne

Rudden

We've already tried to punt Byrne and rudden is horseshit 

So we probably only have 1 player who will definitely be here next season 

Couldn’t have put it better myself…

2 hours ago, Spider1975 said:

I’d take a 1-0 win in the worst game of football in human history.

4 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Thank you.

You sound just like the Old Filth with your Billy Big Baws chat and sense of entitlement.
Why the feck would QP give more of their ground to their opponents to give them more of an advantage.

This is a huge game and they are already the underdogs, so why, with the huge benefits of promotion, should they be caring about a ‘showpiece’ or your supporters?

28 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

You sound just like the Old Filth with your Billy Big Baws chat and sense of entitlement.
Why the feck would QP give more of their ground to their opponents to give them more of an advantage.

This is a huge game and they are already the underdogs, so why, with the huge benefits of promotion, should they be caring about a ‘showpiece’ or your supporters?

We don't want anymore of the ground you moron, just the away allocation that's been available every other game this season (on the terracing that cant be split between home fans). If you were cutting it in half for your own fans then absolutely fine, but that's not the case.

It's akin to Dundee giving Queens the 1200 allocation in the away end at Dens (Main stand) and saying because there was only 212 Queens fans at Dens last time (to use Coyles logic) you can have 212 while the other 988 sit empty.

It's not common practice because other most teams aren't so cowardly and Diddy.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

2 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

We don't want anymore of the ground you moron, just the away allocation that's been available every other game this season (on the terracing that cant be split between home fans). If you were cutting it in half for your own fans then absolutely fine, but that's not the case.

Thank you.

It was the case - Dundee fans were initially going to be put behind the opposite goal.

38 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

It's akin to Dundee giving Queens the 1200 allocation in the away end at Dens (Main stand) and saying because there was only 212 Queens fans at Dens last time (to use Coyles logic) you can have 212 while the other 988 sit empty.

Thank you.

Official attendance for QP v Dundee 29th October was 1006. The stand was virtually full (why capacity) that night so your lot brought about 400. In the league cup game back in the summer attendance was 636 so your lot brought between 1-200. You were offered 500.

You do have a glory section right enough. Your attendance for last weeks game v Cove was almost 3000 bigger than the earlier same fixture on a Saturday. 

There’s presumably going to be a lot of us standing outside then. Is it possible to see the game from outside? Failing that where are ticketless Dees that are travelling down able to see the game? 

FWIW I think QP are within their rights to limit our allocation for a title decider at home. I’d be raging if we surrendered our home advantage to accommodate another teams fans at Dens in similar circumstances, as frustrating and disappointing as it is, it’s our own fault we are in the position of having to have a showdown with them on the last season anyway. We have tried our hardest to not win the league this season and this is the result. 

Thank you and see you on Friday.

33 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Official attendance for QP v Dundee 29th October was 1006. The stand was virtually full (why capacity) that night so your lot brought about 400. In the league cup game back in the summer attendance was 636 so your lot brought between 1-200. You were offered 500.

You do have a glory section right enough. Your attendance for last weeks game v Cove was almost 3000 bigger than the earlier same fixture on a Saturday. 

The stand wasn't full, I was there and there was large amounts of space that probably isn't apparent looking straight into the stand.

Don't know why you Queens morons keep crying over SFA intervention and attendance figures anyway. Your Diddy club has chosen to make this a complete embarrassment to all concerned on Friday and we'll all just have to get on with it.

You lot can weep and whail all you want.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Thank you.

Billy WEE Baws then. Quick to resort to abuse aren’t you.

You are entitled to nothing.

14 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

The stand wasn't full, I was there and there was large amounts of space that probably isn't apparent looking straight into the stand.

Don't know why you Queens morons keep crying over SFA intervention and attendance figures anyway. Your Diddy club has chosen to make this a complete embarrassment to all concerned on Friday and we'll all just have to get on with it.

You lot can weep and whail all you want.

Thank you.

Literally only one club has been indulging in public displays of emotion over this. I don’t think we’ve actually even made any public comment on the matter.