Queens v Kelty

Yes, they've shown absolutely no sign of beating Airdrie so far this season have they?

Oh, wait...............

Turns out they've beaten Airdrie as often as Kelty have beaten us. Another top quality thread starting effort from you. 🙄

All 4 clubs are in end of season mode playing for nothing important and absolutely anything at all could happen.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

I don't know when I last felt that I could be arsed indulging in the Pavlovian nonsense of applauding the latest mob, as they trek round clapping above their heads at the end of the season.

Every season has felt disappointing for ages now.

This one tops them all on that scale.

Be good to get a win here if only to finally get a win over Kelty and to finish as high as possible. A win here would leave MB with a record of 1.8pts per game since coming in. Counts for nothing but an average of that would see us on 64 pts by the end of the season. That would have been more than enough for a playoff spot this season and almost definitely next season so it does bode well for next season if he's managed to get that group performing to such levels. Hopefully a few additions next term and we can have an actual shot at the title. 

2 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Last game of the season and hoping to see some last hurrah performances from our boys. At least half of them won't be with us next season.

Aye they'll be sitting on Raiths bench probably 😂😂 love to get the clean sweep over QoS the day but seriously doubt it unless we have a full team which has been missing for more than I care to remember 

Mon Kelty 

3 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Last game of the season and hoping to see some last hurrah performances from our boys. At least half of them won't be with us next season.

Very much hoping for the same from our lot both on the pitch and half not being here next season!

Hopefully sign off a hugely disappointing season with a win, bid a lot of this squad farewell and hope never to see some of them in a Queens shirt ever again, and then start thinking about how we're going to storm the division next season. Also an overdue farewell to the playing surface, although I do think it's been used as an excuse for poor results and performances, it has never looked quite right. 

53 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Hopefully sign off a hugely disappointing season with a win, bid a lot of this squad farewell and hope never to see some of them in a Queens shirt ever again, and then start thinking about how we're going to storm the division next season. Also an overdue farewell to the playing surface, although I do think it's been used as an excuse for poor results and performances, it has never looked quite right. 

New-ish manager + mostly new team + new pitch = renewed hope?

Great stuff Harry - a goal and an assist - now just sign on the dotted line on this wee bit of paper that Skyline has in his briefcase - you know it makes sense!  🙂

5 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Story of our season cannae score,  both teams two shots on target and we are 2 - 0 down 😢😢bring on next season 

Mon Kelty 

... and you were saying?

Fairly even half. Both teams passing it around quite well. Frustratingly for us our only mistake has resulted in a Kelty goal. Love his effort but I'd be hooking Irving pretty soon if we're looking to win and get an actual goal threat in Connelly on. 

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Fairly even half. Both teams passing it around quite well. Frustratingly for us our only mistake has resulted in a Kelty goal. Love his effort but I'd be hooking Irving pretty soon if we're looking to win and get an actual goal threat in Connelly on. 

Not at the game, but looks as though Bartley has been giving Irving a good chance lately to see if he has anything to offer for next season.  I thought he looked out of his depth up at Dunfermline although most strikers at this level would have struggled against the Pars back line this season.

Is Dabrowski injured or is Bartley just giving Botterill plenty game time in similar fashion to see if he's worth holding on to for next season?  Suspect the latter ... can't blame Marvin for doing so at this stage really.