Stranraer 2023-24

After the doom and gloom of poor season , a manager getting a 2 year extension !! And inability to score goals , yesterday saw a bright light. Delighted to see local lad Ryan Edgar get on and show he can score .  Following in the footsteps of his dad James ,playing and scoring for the first team .  Not many teams with have had father and son play and score for the first team and come from about 2miles from the ground. .  Hope the young lad gets involved in the playoffs as he knows where the back of the net is. .  

A see the Grim Reaper was at Stair Park yesterday so hope it’s not an omen….however, the Blues are doing a scary impression of last season’s Albion Rovers team. A team with ability but inexperience. Rovers should have never lost to Spartans but the lack of leadership in the team put paid to that. This could be a problem for Stranraer. I’m very torn, I have wonderful memories of Stranraer over the years - a great club and would hate to see them going down. On the other side getting rid of EK from the LL who have dubious links to where the money comes from would be a plus for the LL.

It’s all to play for in a really interesting play off.

I'm guessing that the majority of Stranraer fans will feel both sick and gutted right now.  It could easily have been us at 4:45pm yesterday.  I think I will make the trip over to EK (where I grew up) next Sat and lend my support to Stranraer in the playoffs.  

1 minute ago, Fast_Action said:

I'm guessing that the majority of Stranraer fans will feel both sick and gutted right now.  It could easily have been us at 4:45pm yesterday.  I think I will make the trip over to EK (where I grew up) next Sat and lend my support to Stranraer in the playoffs.  

f**k off. Supporting golfclubbing c***s is not something I can do I will quietly hope Stranraer win although don’t really mind about the result.

11 minutes ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

f**k off. Supporting golfclubbing c***s is not something I can do I will quietly hope Stranraer win although don’t really mind about the result.

I'll let you into a wee secret.  There is a ned element among our own support too. But don't tell anyone. Let's keep it to ourselves.  

26 minutes ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

Golfclubbing c***s 😂😂😂

21 hours ago, bagpuss said:

Good luck for the play-offs. Would rather see Stranraer survive than a plastic moneybags team come up in their place.

Are you for real? The club who gained promotion by a corrupt vote, and look at the money men behind Raith? John Sim and the conservatory guys 😲

Seen Stranraer in pre season and been down when played them in the league , wish them all the best but may the best team win that's what it comes down to not history or plastic pitches or he spent this and she spent  that they are both where they are because they deserve to be 

3 hours ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

Correct. 

I do hope Stranraer stay up, in spite of their horrible fans. That being said, I won’t be shedding a tear if they go down. It will be 12 easy points for Clyde  next season, at least. 

4 hours ago, Fast_Action said:

Go for the home end please. Given the low capacity of the ground, it looks like some loyal supporters and likely to miss out on a ticket for the away end. 

Much as I’m relieved and delighted that Clyde have somehow survived after being completely adrift 2 or 3 months ago, I do feel for Stranraer fans. It could so easily have been us. 
I sincerely hope you manage to beat EK. Good luck. 

We've obviously got our own battles......but just wanted to take time out to wish Stranraer the best of luck in the relegation Play Offs. It's all been said above, however I genuinely mean it when I say that you've always given us a warm welcome every time I have been down over the years and I've always found a lot of good people involved.

7 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

We've obviously got our own battles......but just wanted to take time out to wish Stranraer the best of luck in the relegation Play Offs. It's all been said above, however I genuinely mean it when I say that you've always given us a warm welcome every time I have been down over the years and I've always found a lot of good people involved.

They welcomed us with golfclubs 😎