Stranraer 2023-24

On 27/04/2024 at 20:27, Thereisalight.. said:

I've seen a few Stranraer games this season and I'm perplexed about why you're all so negative about beating EK? Had a Swatch at their squad list and they're nothing to write home about. Full of "junior" players mostly. 

How many EK games have you saw this season? 

1 hour ago, stevenmcn said:

How many EK games have you saw this season? 

🤣 Touche 

I know they romped their way to the league but in paper their squad is average. Nothing for Stranraer or Clyde to fear too much imo

20 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

🤣 Touche 

I know they romped their way to the league but in paper their squad is average. Nothing for Stranraer or Clyde to fear too much imo

Based on this seasons results, Stranraer feared Forfar, and they're managed by a man who sees attacking as a crime punishable by sale to a top local junior club.

I will be sad to see Stranraer go down, I have always found them quite a decent wee club - I suppose similar to ourselves in a lot of ways - ran by hardworking individuals who are constantly going through treacle trying to better the club against the odds. I just don't see them not finishing bottom, I would like to be proved wrong but I don't see how a) they are going to beat us and b) Clyde lose to an Elgin side on their jollies. It could be argued we are in a similar situation to Elgin but despite being poor in these recent run of draws there is a real desire to not add to our three defeats this season.

As touched upon above, we don't really have any bad players at this level so whoever does take the field will be capable of a performance. Stranraer do strike me as a team that lack leaders and will to bite down on the gum shield - I can see the arse falling out of them on Saturday to be honest.

Win, lose or draw Saturday is just another extension of the party for us. Buzzing to spend the day with like minded individuals following the best team to ever grace Mother Earth.

12 hours ago, Neilly said:

I will be sad to see Stranraer go down, I have always found them quite a decent wee club - I suppose similar to ourselves in a lot of ways - ran by hardworking individuals who are constantly going through treacle trying to better the club against the odds. 

I really hope Stranraer can win this one on Saturday and save themselves from disappearing into the unknown 🙏 

Good wee club, I'd be sad to see them go.

On 01/05/2024 at 12:06, Thereisalight.. said:

🤣 Touche 

As a wise man once said, "football isn't played on paper, it's played on grass". Whoever finishes last will have problems with East Kilbride based on what I saw a few weeks back.

On 01/05/2024 at 20:01, Neilly said:

I will be sad to see Stranraer go down, I have always found them quite a decent wee club

They are not down yet. There is the possible of us getting beaten at Elgin and you being beaten at Stranraer.  Stenny being thrashed by the club at the bottom of the league is not outwith the realms of possibility.  

14 hours ago, the philosopher said:

Odds on it's gonna be Stranraer v EK in play offs surely

That's what I think, but what do I know?

On 29/04/2024 at 20:42, EdinburghBlue said:

Not sure it would make much difference. Most locals only interested in Celtic and Rangers*. 

Yes that's the disease that blights all our towns.  If the fan base is small in the first place, due to the size of the town, the danger is all the greater when things get tough.

I'll be absolutely gutted if Stranraer go down this season. It's a football town - moreso than Dumfries I'd say, but the OF curse is, as you said, very pronounced.

I fear that the Stranraer fan who quoted John Laurie, that well known Doonhamer on the last page was right.  Hope not though.

All the best today, and in play-offs if it comes to it.

Best of luck today Stranraer seen you guys in pre season up at Kelty and you looked a decent outfit , must just be one of those seasons but best of luck today