Stranraer 2023-24

6 hours ago, Beachcomber said:

Peter Weatherson looked a  lonely figure yesterday. Given his after match comments i  wouldn't think he  is the guy  to take you forward.

There was a bit of a fuss from a few about Aggys post match interview last week. 
Maybe sent Weatherson out to change it up a bit. 
There’s only so much you can say when you’re losing so often. 

I really want to it work for Agnew, he seems like he knows what the club is all about, gets the supporters etc. He’s also far more endearing than most previous managers. 
The only thing missing is a run of results. 

If we can avoid the drop this season I still have faith Agnew and Weatherson are the right guy to take us forward. 

4 hours ago, GallowayBlue said:

I agree.

At the start of the season people were feeling positive, and I think there was even talk of a title challenge.

I think the manager should stay until the end of the season, but even if we do battle to survival I think we need a new manager next season.

Hmmm. I'm not sure that Stranraer were ever going to be title contenders this season. Aggie's a good lad and a decent coach/ manager and I really hope he will keep you lads up. I think he will.

1 hour ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Hmmm. I'm not sure that Stranraer were ever going to be title contenders this season. Aggie's a good lad and a decent coach/ manager and I really hope he will keep you lads up. I think he will.

Stranraer fans, to be fair.

I think we started fairly well which only boosted confidence, then at a certain point the wheels fell off.

3 hours ago, Mattmc said:

There was a bit of a fuss from a few about Aggys post match interview last week. 
Maybe sent Weatherson out to change it up a bit. 
There’s only so much you can say when you’re losing so often. 

I really want to it work for Agnew, he seems like he knows what the club is all about, gets the supporters etc. He’s also far more endearing than most previous managers. 
The only thing missing is a run of results. 

If we can avoid the drop this season I still have faith Agnew and Weatherson are the right guy to take us forward. 

Aggie wasn't there on Saturday. Personal reasons 

54 minutes ago, Honestmen said:

Nobody’s even bothered with a topic for today's match, what’s happening down there.

Fairly standard for the League 2 forum tbh. Bonnyrigg have about 2 posters and one of them is an Inverness fan. 

Next week is massive for both teams, I would go as far to say whoever wins will have a 80% chance of survival. Thinking that after a horrid Clyde season brings a smile to my face. I’m surprised yous didn’t take 3pts of Bonnyrigg as they looked really poor especially when playing away.

I took in the game today seeing as we played last night. Horrid game with probably more balls going out the stadium than actual shots on target. Still think you'll be safe as you play Dumbarton soon and Stevie Farrell always seems to do you a favour 🤣 

5 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I took in the game today seeing as we played last night. Horrid game with probably more balls going out the stadium than actual shots on target. Still think you'll be safe as you play Dumbarton soon and Stevie Farrell always seems to do you a favour 🤣 

Not sure about that. The man gave us false pretences as our manager, signed great players, scraped in to the play offs and then never turned up.

Thats after getting us relegated the season before. 

5 hours ago, Moonball said:

Those were very good highlights.

Didn't think much of the penalty, although there didn't seem to be too many protests.

Great header for the equaliser, but there was a far easier one missed prior to that.

I suppose a draw was fair enough.

8 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Those were very good highlights.

Didn't think much of the penalty, although there didn't seem to be too many protests.

Great header for the equaliser, but there was a far easier one missed prior to that.

I suppose a draw was fair enough.

My exact comment at the time was there wasn’t much protest from the Stranraer players. 
Bonnyrigg must have had more penalties than Rangers this season. 

4 hours ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

How is the Stranraer squad looking ahead of tomorrow? As I’m aware yous having being dealing with a lot of injuries this season.

The last few weeks the manager has actually had more of a full bench fir the first time. As u point out fir large parts of the season we had about 3 or 4 subs. Sometimes no Defenders. Then another few weeks later other parts of the team would get affected. Never known a  season like it where you'd get 1 back then 2 out fir following match.

To me that is why Stranraer haven't been able to put any consistency into their season.

Going to be an edgy game tomorrow no doubt one which will be probably a bit of farse in the windy conditions.

39 minutes ago, Blue1870 said:

The last few weeks the manager has actually had more of a full bench fir the first time. As u point out fir large parts of the season we had about 3 or 4 subs. Sometimes no Defenders. Then another few weeks later other parts of the team would get affected. Never known a  season like it where you'd get 1 back then 2 out fir following match.

To me that is why Stranraer haven't been able to put any consistency into their season.

Going to be an edgy game tomorrow no doubt one which will be probably a bit of farse in the windy conditions.

Thanks for the honest reply