Stranraer 2023-24

4 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

And now Dylan Forrest - completing my list of those that I really wanted back.

You and Scott Agnew are on the same page then, because apparently that's everyone from last season's squad who is coming back now re-signed.

What's needed from the new signings then? Left back, left wing and another striker?

12 hours ago, stranraerfc1870 said:

I would have liked to have seen Luke Watt on that list but it was not to be. 

Agreed but it seems that was outwith the control of the club.

In terms of what is needed: a goalkeeper, a left back, defensive cover, hopefully a couple of strikers and some wide options too. I'd like a more attack minded midfielder as well but plenty of time. There's only 10 players signed at the moment. Even taking on board that I've listed six positions, that still only takes it to 17. I imagine there would be at least three more - whether that's loan deals or permanent signings.

15 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

And now Dylan Forrest - completing my list of those that I really wanted back.

Having lost Hilton, I thought it was crucial we got Forrest signed up…..he was one of the best players last season and hopefully will be this coming season.

Would I be right to assume that the club support the introduction of the Conference League?

Feels like it has been radio silence from the club, and from a pure financial self-interest I could see them going for it.

If we were to end up as team 42 I certainly wouldn't watch them in a Conference League.

39 minutes ago, GallowayBlue said:

Would I be right to assume that the club support the introduction of the Conference League?

Feels like it has been radio silence from the club, and from a pure financial self-interest I could see them going for it.

If we were to end up as team 42 I certainly wouldn't watch them in a Conference League.

As far as I am lead to believe the club are very much against it 

On 03/06/2023 at 15:28, GallowayBlue said:

Me neither - hope they appreciate fans’ feelings

• 2 weeks later...

Don’t know an awful lot about those we’ve brought in other than Orr. 

A lot happier than I’ve been at this time than previously, we are actually going into the League Cup with a bit of a squad. 

I’d imagine there would still be a couple of loan signings to come in too. 

Hopefully get off to a flyer.

16 minutes ago, Mattmc said:

Don’t know an awful lot about those we’ve brought in other than Orr. 

A lot happier than I’ve been at this time than previously, we are actually going into the League Cup with a bit of a squad. 

I’d imagine there would still be a couple of loan signings to come in too. 

Hopefully get off to a flyer.

Ben Armour is a good player, I'd have happily taken him back with us. He'll do well for you lot I reckon.