1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Because dermot Gallagher is a bad faith actor talking shite. Hope that helps. Just because it supports your ‘belief’ doesn’t make it any more valid. 

You could go as far as saying if you are using Dermot Gallagher's opinion to get your point across you are almost definitely wrong.

51 minutes ago, GeorgiosSamaras said:

Yet Tony Ralston is on course to win more trophies in one season than hall of fame winning Rangers legend Tav has won in eight.

Yep, Ralston plays like Busquets and is much better than Tav.

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

Think he's at least the third alone on this thread claiming this  despite the evidence saying otherwise on here. Their heads are so warped by a narrative they just ignore reality right in front of their face.

Yeah it's definitely nothing to do with Hearts shitting the bed for 3rd place.

😀

I've been a season ticket holder since the 90s, seeing a good few relegation scraps, and I've seen Hearts relegated twice, but a season where we finish top six and probably qualify for Europe is enough to make me chuck it.

You've got me...

My mind was made up months ago. I posted about it on a few threads on this site.

Edited by VincentGuerin

14 hours ago, LuboMoravcik said:

Fucking hilarious how much the red card has annoyed Hearts fans. There are plenty of examples of the same type of foul being a red card. This one for example:

The very obvious difference here being that the ball was basically flat and there was absolutely zero doubt that the Rangers player was getting there. That's quite different to a high ball where there is no guarantee Maeda is going to bring it under control.

It was also given as a red card straight away, which negates any "clear and obvious" discussion. The issue with Sunday's decision is not that it couldn't possibly be a red card, but rather that there was enough doubt for the original yellow to reasonably stay in place.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Yep, Ralston plays like Busquets and is much better than Tav.

Being better than James Tavernier is not a badge of honour, mate. 
He’s fucking pish.

20 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Being better than James Tavernier is not a badge of honour, mate. 
He’s fucking pish.

Ralston doesn’t even have that to claim as a badge of honour though, was my point.

41 minutes ago, AJF said:

Ralston doesn’t even have that to claim as a badge of honour though, was my point.

Ralston is only 24 and at that age Tavernier was going absolutely nowhere just bouncing about from loan to loan and struggling to cement himself as a first team player anywhere. 

You could say both he and Johnston who is also only 24 are way ahead of where Tavernier was at that age

4 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Ralston is only 24 and at that age Tavernier was going absolutely nowhere just bouncing about from loan to loan and struggling to cement himself as a first team player anywhere. 

You could say both he and Johnston who is also only 24 are way ahead of where Tavernier was at that age

So, Ralston isn’t better than Tavernier is? Cheers.

8 minutes ago, AJF said:

So, Ralston isn’t better than Tavernier is? Cheers.

Come on mate, we can only compare players from where they are at respective ages. This debate is impossible to have for the next 7 years...

Edited by RuMoore

16 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

Come on mate, we can only compare players from where they are at respective ages. This debate is impossible to have for the next 7 years...

Haha, aye. It’s like saying we can’t compare any player in world football to any other unless they are the same age…

Edited by AJF

4 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

I've posted about that decision previously, and outlined the reasons I can see that it wasn't given and the reasons that it could have been given. Smith was moving quickly to one side, and the swing of his arm towards the ball being completely natural (not that you see that if all you watch is the one-second slow-mo) is probably what got him off the hook. It could have been given, but I don't think the decision either way would have been 'clearly and obviously' wrong. I think if the ref on the pitch had given it, VAR would have stuck with that.

Celtic fans lost their minds over that game. Even to the point of widely sharing completely misleading images relating to offside decisions.

Agreed, the season never recovered from that moment.  Every Celtic fan I knew became completely fixated on wanting EVERY other team to be the victim of what they thought was cheating from officials.

I kid you not the first few fans I spoke to after they clinched the title on Sunday only wanted to talk about Conor Goldson not being sent off against Aberdeen. 😇😂

18 minutes ago, AJF said:

Haha, aye. It’s like saying we can’t compare any player in world football to any other unless they are the same age…

No one suggested that at all 😂

It’s a simple point that Ralston has plenty of time to develop and if you look at where he is compared to where Tav was at the same age then there is no reason why he can’t improve like Tavernier has.

Johnston on the other hand is already a better defender than Tavernier 😉