Airdrie v Falkirk, 1st leg

Just watched the highlights. Falkirk’s defending is shocking. But on the main talking points. I expected a bit more controversy, given comments from Falkirk fans…

What on earth was Burrell doing at the free kick? Jumping away from the ball/wall. That’s absolutely abysmal from him.

Josh Rae stupid for the sending off. Nobody can have any complaints about that. Fordyce could have been more decisive, rather than forcing his keeper to come out so far, when it was never a ball he looked likely to win.

Falkirk TV seemed to show the incident where Allan does pull the defender down, then get dragged down, as if it should have been a Falkirk free kick. But it actually shows the ref got it spot on.

Allan red card. In the modern game, you can’t have any complaints. We recently had O’Hara sent off for the same kind of thing (also away to Airdrie) and had an appeal rejected. It’s dangerous to leave your foot in that high.

Airdrie’s penalty is stonewall and there’s an argument it could have been another red. Striker had turned the man and was in on the keeper, who was glued to his line.

51 minutes ago, Airdrie101 said:

What a game fellow diamonds, I was watching here in the USA.  Logged on a bit late to the guys link he shared here on on the match thread.  And when the game popped up it said 3-0, couldn't believe my eyes.  I am trying to plan better, do you think the guy will post a same link, or can i just pay for it through DTV or Falkirk TV so I don't have any lags.  Already order good pies, got some bottle of irn bru, and will have a fridge full of cans for this one and finish it off with a celebratory half.  

Thanks, I just set up a DTV account but it asking for a customer number when I am on DTV, is that just the username?

10 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Holy f**k Falkirk have fallen to become that much of a joke club that even Newco Airdrie fans are giving them wee pats on the head like this.

Having suffered 7 goal defeats at Firhill, Arbroath and even Cliftonhill ( and an 8 there) I stayed to the end each time as scarpering is the cowards way. I was not patronising those who stayed to support their side and in many ways it's many of those Falkirk players last night who should depart the scene.

9 hours ago, pantene proV said:

Mcglynn discussing a potential 4 goal swing in 2nd leg - 'Football's crazy. I've been involved in a game where we lost 4 goals in 20 minutes"

Well, quite. How about an example when a team you have managed  came back from 4 goals down instead of simply stating ANOTHER TIME you lost buckets of goals in record time, muppet. 

Any chance Airdrie could announce McGlynn as their manager any time between now and Saturday?

6 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Had a bad dream last night that we were 5-0 at half time. Feeling optimistic about the match tonight though, 3-1 Falkirk.

Pretty bad nightmare right enough. Thankfully, it's your biggest game since lockdown, have the best player in the league in midfield and the best two centre backs - so you should be able to cope with the cavalry charge in the first 15 minutes.

They'll punch themselves out after that.

Any criticism of the ref by anyone supporting Falkirk is wild, he's done you a massive favour in not sending off McCann, who's denied a clear goalscoring opportunity and made no attempt to play the ball, it's a stick on red. 

1 hour ago, KD1711 said:

You must be 6-2 your stomach at that result mate.

Aye il give you that one

1 hour ago, cb_diamond said:

Why would I @ a guy who literally spends all day, every day on these forums? You'll have read and replied to every thread, everywhere twice by lunchtime. I mean it took you about ten mins to find this 😂😂

Relax m8, the whole "@ me" thing is just a bit of humour. 

I hope yous go on to go up incidentally. I think over the piece League 1 deserves two teams up this season, and it's not gonna be us. 

Absolutely fantastic highlights package from the Falkirk bairns, the guy on co comms silence is deafening.

I think the referee could have also sent McGinn off, absolutely clears the boy out with what looks like an elbow nowhere near the ball, thankfully he didn't as McGinn was losing his man at every set piece leaving Airdrie free to knock the ball home.

12 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Some good behind the goals stuff here.

Burrell in the wall at the second goal :lol: 

Nelson Muntz being heard at the penalty just before the chorus of boos kick in :lol: 

Looks like a Falkirk fan was on the pitch after the penalty to debate the performance which the players

23 minutes ago, 101 said:

Absolutely fantastic highlights package from the Falkirk bairns, the guy on co comms silence is deafening.

I think the referee could have also sent McGinn off, absolutely clears the boy out with what looks like an elbow nowhere near the ball, thankfully he didn't as McGinn was losing his man at every set piece leaving Airdrie free to knock the ball home.

Was probably at least the third bookable offence he got away with as well

25 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Burrell in the wall at the second goal :lol: 

Must've been some "discussion" between the keeper and Burrell at half time tbf ...