SPFL League 1 Play Off Semi Final: East Fife v Clyde/Clyde v East Fife

• ScottR96 changed the title to SPFL League 1 Play Off Semi Final: East Fife v Clyde/Clyde v East Fife
4 minutes ago, Bully Wee Charlie said:

Will any of these  games have a live stream  ?

East Fife website says there will be a stream on Tuesday. Assume we'll do one for the return leg. 

I know a bit about Dumbarton and Annan this year but in all honesty don't have a clue what to expect up against East Fife apart from Jonathan Page and/or Alan Trouten will play a blinder. To be fair we've had much worse centre halves than Page, he was just even slower than our current crop which is saying something!

At least we're going into these games in a bit of form as relegation looked inevitable a few weeks back.

49 minutes ago, Johnny Worm said:

We lose the playoffs and go on a downward spiral (no Crownpoint - next stop Lowland League) - or we win the playoffs and be next season's Peterhead which TBF we weren't far off this season. It's looking grim whatever way you slice it...

That’s the spirit.

17 hours ago, CM. said:

East Fife website says there will be a stream on Tuesday. Assume we'll do one for the return leg. 

I know a bit about Dumbarton and Annan this year but in all honesty don't have a clue what to expect up against East Fife apart from Jonathan Page and/or Alan Trouten will play a blinder. To be fair we've had much worse centre halves than Page, he was just even slower than our current crop which is saying something!

At least we're going into these games in a bit of form as relegation looked inevitable a few weeks back.

Page only came in as cover when we lost our stronger centre back to injury. I don't expect him to start the game tomorrow although he has been solid the few games he has played. 

8 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Think Clyde will win these play-offs comfortably and then I'd expect them to finish ahead of Stirling, Kelty and Edinburgh next season.

I didn't think Clyde were as bad as their horrific points total suggests. They lost 12 games by a 1 goal margin. All our matches were competitive, even when we beat them 5-1 it was pretty even in terms of general play, however they lack any quality up front and are ropey at the back, which is only ever going to end one way.

They've only had one defeat in the last 6 and that was a narrow defeat to Dunfermline. I know nothing about the League 2 sides but it will take a good side to beat them I think.

On 08/05/2023 at 09:17, Diamonds are Forever said:

I didn't think Clyde were as bad as their horrific points total suggests.

That's nice of you to say but having watched the majority of those games this season, many of the 1-goal losses were because the oppositions finishing was absolutely atrocious. For the most part, football-wise this has been one of my least enjoyable seasons as a Clyde fan.

Saying that, we have looked marginally better over the past few games, so that's a positive. The last footballing action I seen at Bayview was Fraser McGhee missing the deciding penalty, so here's hoping for some better luck this evening.

Good points raised, but I don't agree it would  necessarily take a good side to beat us - just an organised one based on your own observations!

An organised (or even just dogged) defensive set-up playing on the break with a striker that doesn't need several attempts to even get a shot on target never mind score can see us off.

That's just one reason why we keep losing or drawing against sides that, with respect, are no better than workmanlike on the day.

10 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

That's nice of you to say but having watched the majority of those games this season, many of the 1-goal losses were because the oppositions finishing was absolutely atrocious. For the most part, football-wise this has been one of my least enjoyable seasons as a Clyde fan.

Saying that, we have looked marginally better over the past few games, so that's a positive. The last footballing action I seen at Bayview was Fraser McGhee missing the deciding penalty, so here's hoping for some better luck this evening.

Felt so bad for McGhee that day. He was distraught. It should never have came down to his kick either as, IIRC, both our strikers missed theirs. 

I think we're more than capable of winning this tie but I'd be surprised to see us as the team that goes up. On our day we can look like a really good team but we've a lot of young guys in the side so the consistency just isn't always there. Won't make tonight as I need to be in the office in Glasgow tomorrow, so hoping we're still in with a shout by 10pm tonight. 

6 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

I think we're more than capable of winning this tie but I'd be surprised to see us as the team that goes up. On our day we can look like a really good team but we've a lot of young guys in the side so the consistency just isn't always there. Won't make tonight as I need to be in the office in Glasgow tomorrow, so hoping we're still in with a shout by 10pm tonight. 

Sure you will still be in with a shout. Even if we get a win today, I’m certain that it won’t be by such a margin that there won’t be something to play for on Friday.

Our away form is particularly abysmal, we’ve managed 6 points away from home all season and three of those were on the opening day in Dumfries. As such I would be reasonably happy with a draw tonight, given that our home form has been decent in the second half of the season. 

No Doherty in the squad and Duthie back on the bench, maybe a bit much to expect another 90 out him given he’s barely played since August. 

Need Roberts and Salkeld to play well and support Rennie, who id expect a bit more from against league 2 opposition.