Alloa v Hamilton & Hamilton v Alloa

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Just so we're clear for the 3rd time, I think it should have been red too, I just dont think the reason it wasnt is because the ref thought the keeper was going for the ball.

It's a clear red card. Can only assume you are correct with the ref's thought process.

FWIW I thought Rice completely outthought and outfoxed Rankin in the first leg (although how much of an achievement that actually is is debatable). He clearly knew our only threat was Connor Smith and had two men on him every time he got the ball to which Rankin had no answer in the first game. Rice was probably licking his lips when he seen we had Smith starting in goals that game as he knows he isn’t ready yet, you could see there must have been some sort of instruction to test him with a few high balls in at him early on in the first leg.

Obviously any game plan Alloa had for the second leg went out the window with the red and we took advantage.

Looking at our backline after the Stanger red card and Taggart injury, it was always going to be an uphill battle even at 2 0. I thought our best chance was the numbers being evened up had the Accies keeper walked at the penalty. Others have covered the incident, but ultimately its referees interpretation and he didn't think it was a sending off. 

Could sense trouble if we conceded before the break and it wasn't a huge surprise when we did. After that I didn't give us much hope of holding out for 90 minutes, but I didn't quite expect us to concede 4 before the break.

We ran out of bodies, which we couldn't really prevent- and can't fault the efforts of the players- particularly when we had the most makeshift backline I think I've ever seen at Alloa. Certainly not angered by it or anything, and best of luck to Accies in the final. If I'm annoyed at anyone, it's our captain but that's another story.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

5 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

And thanks to @KierenAAFCwho is a far better commentator than I am - it helps immensely to have someone to talk to and keep you right 😂

Yesterday was the most chaotic commentary of the season. Thoroughly enjoyed it though. Plenty of high’s.

Can’t forget the no team sheets adding to yesterday’s chaos in commentating! 🤣

8 hours ago, Diamond1924 said:

Alloa fans, what are your thoughts on Hamilton? Any areas of concern or weakness in their team? 

How can you see us fairing? 

You will win easily. We would have taken them if we had even half of our injured players back . Can see Airdrie winning both legs to be honest . 

58 minutes ago, Oweny said:

You will win easily. We would have taken them if we had even half of our injured players back . Can see Airdrie winning both legs to be honest . 

Would agree with this, Airdrie have the best team and manager in the play offs.

Saying that we have been massive underdogs in the play offs and still went up.

On his day Zanetta is still an excellent player at this level and Airdrie will have to keep him quiet.