Ted Lasso

naegoodinthedark

On 28/07/2022 at 09:46, Albertlegend said:

Just binged both seasons of this, loved it, how can you not love Ted! 

Roy fucking Kent is also a legend! 

Nates transformation into a wee dick had me shouting at the telly! 

It's quite interesting as if you rewatch it he's always been a wee dick and the signs are there from first episode. 

Re-watched the whole thing with my daughter. Can’t wait for third season. 

Season three predictions..?

Spoiler

Trent Crimm to get a job at Richmond.

Keeley to do PR work for West Ham and cause all sorts of fall-outs

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, steelmen said:

got a free 6 months to apple tv and gave this a go. I liked it but how has it won comedy awards? I just didn't find it funny, enjoyable but not laugh out loud funny.

I get where you're coming from. More gentle comedy than laugh out loud.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We binged it the last couple of days. Really good all the way through. I was a bit worried it’d get overly twee, but for what’s ostensibly a comedy, the character development has been really good.

Roy is the best character in it by a distance, numerous hilarious things in isolations, but his constant referring to his niece as “a little idiot” when talking to other people never stops being funny.

I'd never heard of this before and had no idea what it was, until adverts for it started recently (which I'm now seeing here as being for the new series).

The only thing I kept thinking from the advert is, why is it all real people with the exception of one animated character from a computer game? So I googled it, and all I could find was a load of chat about that one character being animated and not real, and everyone associated with the show, including the actor, denying it.

Does it maybe have some sort of filter on it to make it look like FIFA? Cos this guy on the right (especially when you see him moving), is definitely not just a human being filmed by a camera. Something is happening with it, and it can't be coincidence that everyone asking the question is referring to the same character. 🤔🙄

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Al B

3 hours ago, Al B said:

I'd never heard of this before and had no idea what it was, until adverts for it started recently (which I'm now seeing here as being for the new series).

The only thing I kept thinking from the advert is, why is it all real people with the exception of one animated character from a computer game? So I googled it, and all I could find was a load of chat about that one character being animated and not real, and everyone associated with the show, including the actor, denying it.

Does it maybe have some sort of filter on it to make it look like FIFA? Cos this guy on the right (especially when you see him moving), is definitely not just a human being filmed by a camera. Something is happening with it, and it can't be coincidence that everyone asking the question is referring to the same character. 🤔🙄

Untitled.jpg

That still does look a bit odd, but Roy Kent is 100% played by a real person

40 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

That still does look a bit odd, but Roy Kent is 100% played by a real person

As I say, I've never seen it and hadn't heard of it until about a week ago so all I've got to go on is the advert below....but it's not just that still, it's every time he's on screen and it looks even weirder in motion than in the still. Also weird that when you google it, loads of people are asking the same question...that can't be a coincidence.

0:33, 0:42, 0:45, 1:05, 1:20, 1:32. I mean....they all look exactly like present day FIFA renders...

Edited by Al B

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/11/2020 at 20:45, UpInTheAyr said:

Loved  this show, wholesome as f**k. Definitely had reservations about it like most but ended up loving every minute of it. so many great characters and one liners.

On 14/07/2021 at 20:04, UpInTheAyr said:

Twenty odd Emmy nominations and strong season two reviews so far. Cannot wait till it comes back, wholesome as f**k entertainment

^^^ Lives in US Bible Belt.