Scottish Cup 2023/24

Marten

R2:

SPFL2 (10)
Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic, Clyde, Dumbarton, East Fife, Elgin City, Forfar Athletic, Peterhead, Spartans, Stenhousemuir, Stranraer

Lowland League (8)
Bo'ness United, Civil Service Strollers, Cowdenbeath, East Kilbride, Gala Fairydean Rovers, Tranent, Broomhill/Cumbernauld Colts, Uni of Stirling/Albion Rovers

Highland League (11)     Banks o'Dee, Brechin City, Brora Rangers, Buckie Thistle, Clachnacuddin, Deveronvale, Formartine United, Forres Mechanics, Fraserburgh, Huntly, Turriff United

East of Scotland League (6)
     Premier Division (5)     Broxburn Athletic, Dunbar United, Jeanfield Swifts, Luncarty, Musselburgh Athletic
     First Division (1)     St Andrews United

West of Scotland League (5)
     Premier Division (4)     Beith, Clydebank, Cumnock, Pollok
     First Division (1)     Kilwinning Rangers

I only saw the last twenty minutes of the Saints v Talbot game but Auchinleck hardly created a chance in their bid to rescue the tie.

Best crowd I have seen at our park.

Absolutely buzzing. Two years ago this club were struggling on and off the pitch. A new chairman, some hard work behind the scenes and things have turned around big time.

Roll on tomorrow.

27 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

I only saw the last twenty minutes of the Saints v Talbot game but Auchinleck hardly created a chance in their bid to rescue the tie.

Absolutely buzzing. Two years ago this club were struggling on and off the pitch. A new chairman, some hard work behind the scenes and things have turned around big time.

Roll on tomorrow.

Hope you get a good draw 👍

43 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

Roll on tomorrow.

Happy for you - I have had the honour of displaying my Cafu-like skills at RB on your pitch, many years ago, in a 9-1 victory.

2 hours ago, patriot1 said:

Roll on tomorrow.

Given some of our fans have posted about that it would be good to get yourselves in the next round, I'd also like to point out that the above is something quite a few Clyde fans would love to see right now - we've been struggling both on and off the pitch for quite some time and if we were to replicate what appears to be happening at your club, it would be a real fillip for us.

Also, to add, would also be great to see us play you at your ground, as having been there before it was a really nice venue and would be good compared to the normal draws that we get.

56 minutes ago, GroundskeeperWillie said:

Given some of our fans have posted about that it would be good to get yourselves in the next round, I'd also like to point out that the above is something quite a few Clyde fans would love to see right now - we've been struggling both on and off the pitch for quite some time and if we were to replicate what appears to be happening at your club, it would be a real fillip for us.

Also, to add, would also be great to see us play you at your ground, as having been there before it was a really nice venue and would be good compared to the normal draws that we get.

Never give up hope Willie. Every team goes through tough periods in their history but that’s what makes the good times all the more enjoyable. 

It’s great to see so many posters on here looking for a trip to St Andrews. I’d be delighted with another home draw and we’ll provide a warm welcome to whoever comes to our ground.

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Useful information for future reference

Interesting to note that it’s payment based on when you exit, I’m sure in the past it used to be a fee for every round,  so you’d earn more from saying winning a preliminary and going out round one than getting a bye to round one then going out.

7 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Interesting to note that it’s payment based on when you exit, I’m sure in the past it used to be a fee for every round,  so you’d earn more from saying winning a preliminary and going out round one than getting a bye to round one then going out.

We have already earned more from this competition than we did for winning our league.  🙄

9 hours ago, parsforlife said:

That’s exactly why they changed it.

9 hours ago, parsforlife said:

It was changed in the last couple of years. I think 2020-21 was either the first season of the new method or the last of the old one. Certainly not the first season of this being the case.

Popped along to the Camelon game yesterday, as I occasionally do, and have to say they were so unlucky against CSS.

3 penalties in the game and the Ref had a howler in each of them. First was outside the box, and a soft push, the second was denying a clear Goalscoring opportunity, yet no card and even into the next day, I have no idea what the 3rd was for.

Camelon huffed and puffed and looked like the Lowland League team for long spells. They can be proud of their efforts and quite rightly gutted not to be going into the next round.