Scottish Cup 2023/24

Marten

On 26/07/2023 at 18:04, HibeeJibee said:

Extra Preliminary
Abbey Vale v Cupar Hearts
Carnoustie Panmure v Beith
Luncarty v Loch Ness
bye: Culter

By my reckoning the first Scottish Cup tie held in landward Perthshire since Blairgowrie 3-3 Buckie on 4th February 1939.

8 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Results as expected; maybe not margin at New Abbey.

Less than 3 weeks left but no news of Fort William venue.

Partick, Dunipace, Stenhousemuir (tbc) free; or as noted Strathspey...!

It’s farcical that a club in the main cup competition in the country have hired their ground out for a run!

10 hours ago, Greenmachine said:

It’s farcical that a club in the main cup competition in the country have hired their ground out for a run!

The run is an international event with 600 runners that's been going since 1895. Far easier to change the date or venue for the game than the race, no idea why this hasn't happened yet. If Fort and Clydebank can't come to an agreement the SFA should order it to be played at Holm Park or give Clydebank a bye.

13 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The run is an international event with 600 runners that's been going since 1895. Far easier to change the date or venue for the game than the race, no idea why this hasn't happened yet. If Fort and Clydebank can't come to an agreement the SFA should order it to be played at Holm Park or give Clydebank a bye.

I’m quite sure the race could start from somewhere else in Ft William.

The club obviously make a lot of money from hiring out the ground but want the money from the SFA as well.

It seems that they’ve gambled on being drawn away and it’s come back to bite them.

Just now, Greenmachine said:

The club obviously make a lot of money from hiring out the ground but want the money from the SFA as well.

It seems that they’ve gambled on being drawn away and it’s come back to bite them.

If they started the race somewhere else they couldn't compare record times. Fort lease the pitch itself from the Council but the race uses the parkland around it, I doubt Fort make anything from it. 

1 minute ago, Marten said:

In this case, I don't think Fort can be blamed for the ground being unavailable. They can be blamed of still having no plan in place less 3 weeks before the tie being played.

If the clubs can't agree the SFA should have told them what's happening by now. If Fort's only offer was to play it at Golspie it's not surprising Clydebank have refused.

5 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Aye thats fine but its not Clydebank’s fault the running event is being held there, we entered the Scottish cup knowing we could fulfil our fixtures, they’ve been deceptive, havent given any indication where or when the game can be played. Its utterly ridiculous that they’d expect anyone to travel to fucking Golspie another 3 hours North to play the fixture because of a fun run or whatever it is, either they are a serious football team or they should just rap it. 

4 hours ago, Marten said:

In this case, I don't think Fort can be blamed for the ground being unavailable. They can be blamed of still having no plan in place less 3 weeks before the tie being played.

They absolutely can be blamed, the Scottish cup tie dates arent a secret. 

17 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Aye thats fine but its not Clydebank’s fault the running event is being held there, we entered the Scottish cup knowing we could fulfil our fixtures, they’ve been deceptive, havent given any indication where or when the game can be played. Its utterly ridiculous that they’d expect anyone to travel to fucking Golspie another 3 hours North to play the fixture because of a fun run or whatever it is, either they are a serious football team or they should just rap it. 

What I mean is that they can be blamed for not making alternative arrangements. That their park wouldn't be available that date was known well enough in advance.

56 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The date for the race was decided long before the Scottish Cup dates for the season were known.

There should still have been a resolution by now, but you're focusing on the wrong thing.

Fort replied yesterday on their fb page that nothing's been sorted yet. The chairman's probably playing daft games again like he did with the HL playoffs, trying to make out they're the victims, when he's not retweeting Matt Le Tissier that is. He's likely trying to find a way of dropping the blame on Highland Council. 

Edited by welshbairn

On 14/08/2023 at 09:11, welshbairn said:

I'm not sure why Clydebank should have to agree.

They could have been drawn away to Golspie Sutherland and presumably would have been williing to travel so should be prepared to travel to any licensed ground in Scotland given enough notice.

On 14/08/2023 at 09:28, Greenmachine said:

Fort don't own the ground, it's leased from the council. I suspect Fort's amiable chairman is playing silly buggers as usual. This should've been sorted by now, maybe the SFA should just take it out of Fort's hands.

Edited by Cyclizine

54 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I'm not sure why Clydebank should have to agree.

They could have been drawn away to Golspie Sutherland and presumably would have been williing to travel so should be prepared to travel to any licensed ground in Scotland given enough notice.

It's got nothing to do with Clydebank agreeing. The only offer I've heard rejected was to play it on alternative weekend. That's not to say there hasn't been others but FW have been rather silent on it all by all accounts.

Clydebank will be there. It's upto Fort William to find a solution.