The Compo Faces Thread

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Agreed., but TUI flying folk out to burning hotels and then relying on locals to find space for them in gyms is a bit off.

"Naw, it was like this. Me and the lads got put up in this house and they put a red light in the windae to say it was for tourists affected by the fire. Honest. What do you mean you want a divorce..." 

Gove on TV urging everyone due to go to Greece in the coming week to go as its "perfectly safe including Rhodes and Corfu". When pressed by the interviewer if he was going on holiday in the next week he said yes.....to Greece although he wouldn't say exactly where. Clearly govt advice is the tour companies and airlines dont need to stop flying folk into an already terrible situation despite some opting to do so now. 

57 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Gove on TV urging everyone due to go to Greece in the coming week to go as its "perfectly safe including Rhodes and Corfu". When pressed by the interviewer if he was going on holiday in the next week he said yes.....to Greece although he wouldn't say exactly where. Clearly govt advice is the tour companies and airlines dont need to stop flying folk into an already terrible situation despite some opting to do so now. 

The idea of Michael Gove flying into a wildfire is good for morale in these trying times. 

Sky News have spoken to a couple who booked their holiday to Rhodes back in January.

They said that if they'd been pre-warned of the possibilty of wildfires, they'd've booked somewhere else

Couldn't decide whether to post this here, or in the Calling Cards of Morons thread. 

8 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I was in Rhodes in May...CBM!

I was in Rhodes on Wednesday last week. Saw the smoke from the fires starting on Tuesday.

And I was staying in a hotel next to one that was damaged by fire.

How's that for oneupmanship? 🤪

38 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

I was in Rhodes on Wednesday last week. Saw the smoke from the fires starting on Tuesday.

Idly sitting on the dry grass, enjoying the sun, flicking lit matches into the undergrowth... 

On 22/07/2023 at 22:19, Molotov said:

IMG_3206.thumb.jpeg.aaf7ce3c8c54e0cfdbf8f3f545b8e268.jpeg

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/in-your-area/renfrewshire/st-mirren-directors-launch-defamation-30506002.amp

Le

“Two directors of St Mirren FC are suing former director Alan Wardrop for defamation.

Jim Gillespie and Mark MacMillan, the chief executive and director of corporate services at national children’s charity Kibble, which purchased a 27.5% shareholding in the Paisley club in 2020, were granted an interim interdict against Mr Wardrop.

The action has came about following claims by him that they had acted dishonestly regarding an outline application to build a children’s welfare centre in Paisley.

Mr Wardrop was a member of the St Mirren board from 2016, until the end of last year, is now subject to what is believed to be the first action under Scotland’s new Defamation Act.

Under the terms of the interim interdict, granted by the court today in Edinburgh under the Defamation and Malicious Publication (Scotland) Act 2021,  Wardrop has been ordered not to repeat his accusations that they had covered up an intention to build on St Mirren Football Club owned land by lying.“

https://www.renfrewshire24.co.uk/2023/07/20/st-mirren-fc-directors-granted-interim-interdict-at-court-of-session/

Let's not forget the defendant...

Wardrop.jpg

1 hour ago, Hauzen said:

Very much a "why on earth is this happening to us" vibe.

Screenshot-20230726-070915-Facebook-2.jp

Looks more like 5 kids who lobbed chips at a pensioner during a game causing him to be attacked by seagulls apologise to said pensioner.

16 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

File:The Four Yorkshiremen, 2014 (crop).jpg - Wikimedia Commons

4 hours ago, madmitch said:

Let's not forget the defendant...

Wardrop.jpg

Sheriff: "You are not properly dressed for Paisley Sheriff Court. You should be wearing the strip of one of the Cheeks like most of the punters we get in here"