The Compo Faces Thread

Weasenham whinger refuses to be silenced by complaint policy

18037753.jpg?type=mds-article-620

Mr Fairchild, a former army paymaster, was a councillor himself before stepping down over a disagreement.

He has since continued to scrutinise the handling of the council's accounts, tax payments and its management. 

The entire parish council resigned in 2022 after dozens of his complaints were upheld, forcing Breckland Council to parachute in three new members.

The trio have now introduced the new measures to protect themselves from "unacceptable behaviour" by complainants.

6 minutes ago, s_dog said:

A Lanarkshire grandad who blew his £80,000 lotto win in just two weeks is now 'desperate' to get back on benefits after plunging into poverty after the Government cut off his supply.

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/lanarkshire-grandad-who-splashed-80k-29154924

He seems to have lost his walking sticks while enjoying the cruise.

1_PCP_SDR_LOTTERY005JPG.jpg  Daniel splurged on holidays, house renovations and gave hand-outs to family

Ach he needs the sticks for sitting down but not for standing up.  Seems fair enough to me. 

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I don't get why this is hitting the news now, 7 years after his win and after the government folk found out about it. 

Aye, I was scrolling up and down.  He got done in 2017, surely he needs to reapply based on his current circumstances?

1 minute ago, Swarley said:

This is magnificent 

"Stuart Ross has had to cancel all his bookings until the end of the high season in June because of the state of the U70 road in Sutherland.

The route runs through a Ministry of Defence bombing range, with one local councillor saying it looks like the MoD "has missed its targets"."

Your garden waste is anti-social! Retired teacher, 66, is slapped with police warning after her neighbour's drive was littered with leaves... from trees in a park

84972859-13427041-image-a-3_171588392574

84972901-13427041-image-a-9_171588494099

There's about 7 versions of the same compo face in this article.

The whole article is about garden waste but the actual order is about her parking in front of her neighbour's driveway. 

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

'Why haven't these tickets been enforced so I could deal with it sooner?

Because you didn't tell the DVLA your new address for, I assume, over a year. But you don't know that as the story misses out that minor detail.

14 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Its the Mail so I'm not clicking the link but presumably these zones are sign posted? So he can't read either, or just wilfully ignores them?