The Compo Faces Thread

1 hour ago, Hauzen said:

Not sure she's doing the whole anonymity thing right 🤔 

Pensioner with no smartphone furious about Derby city centre car park where it's cheaper to pay on an app

"A pensioner claims that the decision by a Derby city centre car park operator to charge customers who don’t pay using its app more money to park is "discrimination". 80-year-old Sue Smith (surname changed for anonymity)"

1-JC-TEM10082023ncpparking-7jpeg.webp

Maybe I'm being cynical, but their response about what to do if the machines are not working, and you don't have a smart phone, just seems like a way to generate cash. There may be a big incentive for the machines to not be maintained in working order.

NCP confirmed in this letter that if machines are down and car park customers do not have access to the app, they will be issued a PCN and that they must then appeal to have it rescinded.

The letter said: “NCP is able to see if the machines are down at the time the PCN was received. Appeals should contain details of the individual situation. NCP takes each appeal on its own merit and would take into consideration all the factors. But it is the case that if a customer chooses to park in a car park and not pay via any of the methods that are on offer, then they will receive a PCN.”

Parked in NCP car park in King Street in Glasgow last weekend. None of the machines were working so had to download the app. It took ages as signal was crap. Eventually downloaded & filled in my details but had to leave without knowing if i'd paid. Got home & it had taken the payment. PITA.

28 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Nice little earner having an alpaca, I think the wools worth a fortune, probably why these upper class twits all own them.

Thank you

It's not so much the alpaca she misses, as the income and attention it generates.

It had to happen...

Depsite an apology from the bank, and the resignation of its most senior executives, Mr Farage vowed that “the fight goes on”, as he fired off a legal letter demanding compensation over the row.

Mr Farage said: “It has taken up a huge amount of my time, and has cost me so far quite a lot of money.

Sentimentality and the building blocks of bigotry – This Political ...

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

The wee dug has a "that's a fekkin disgrace... Get it cut back FFS" expression on its face.

Right enough, those folk who think it's OK to extend their gardens onto the path and force folk with prams onto the road.  Of course, it's all good because the bush smells and looks pretty (calm down Kenneth) and everybody loves it (which obviously isn't true as at least 1 person grassed on her). 

4 hours ago, Swarley said:

She thinks she's only one inch over the line? She needs to go back to the optician.

Tbh it's that sort of exaggeration that just makes her look like an entitled tit.

She's made an arse of it; suck it up. Being disabled is irrelevant.

14 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Tbh it's that sort of exaggeration that just makes her look like an entitled tit.

She's made an arse of it; suck it up. Being disabled is irrelevant.

5 hours ago, Swarley said:

She thinks she's only one inch over the line? She needs to go back to the optician.

Yep.

And the s***e she comes away with about needing a tape measure when parking - bizarre.