Transfer ins & outs

6 hours ago, Johnstonian said:

Where have I related “everything to bigotry”?

You know who I am. Why don’t you make yourself known?

all this while the club don’t have adequate toilets for spectators 

And who are you? Mr Johnstone Burgh? You make yourself known.

6 hours ago, Johnstonian said:

To be fair, as I stated before, there are huge plans for the park, but will take a bit of getting over the line fir various reasons.

the guys behind this are well intentioned, honest and hardworking individuals. 

no one is perfect and I think they’ve got this one wrong on a few levels 

to add, it’s over for me and a few other long standing Burgh regulars 

Why is it over for you and the long standing Burgh regulars??
anyone else would be jumping for joy with what’s going on, oh wait…… the club have signed a Protestant ex rangers player. 😂😂👍

Forget about his, ability, career and international caps!!

I’m sure the club will be sad to see bigots go!

at least you will have a decent toilet to piss in at home!

8 hours ago, geo87 said:

Burgh (and Mckim)  have spent years building themselves back to a decent level in a sustainable way.

Couple of bad results and he’ll be out on his arse. There’s no way he would have wanted this pantomime surrounding the upcoming season.

Can’t believe this is the direction JB are going in, absolute madness for this level

I'm hearing Graham dorrans is already ear marked for the job   and he will step up sometime as the big name manager. 

8 hours ago, JYT said:

And who are you? Mr Johnstone Burgh? You make yourself known.

You are making a fool of yourself here.

A quick search of my post will clearly tell you I have zero issue with his religion or past club.

if that were the case I’d have had an issue with Dorrans being signed last month. I didn’t.

By signing a player, given a footballing suspension for sectarian remarks, on the 12th July looks bad and has been taken (despite it being unintentional according to those behind it), as sending out a signal of “alignment”.

it has been taken that way by BOTH sides. And clearly by fans of every club on here!

I don’t claim to be my Johnstone Burgh but I know the club, my grandfather helped build the ground, barring injury my father would have played in their first ever side. I’ve literally put thousands into the club. Approx £5,000 in donations over the last 3 seasons and ponied up £1700 in 2016 when the club had no means to even cut the grass.

I probably know more about the history of the club than anyone.

Then there is the money - Burgh are now probably in the top 30 clubs in Scotland in terms of weekly wage bills - in tier 7. Beith won the league above us with a weekly wage bill that’s about 25 to 30% of the Burgh’s.

I used the word hubristic previously, it’s that which I don’t agree with as much as anything, despite your pathetic attempts to lay accusations of bigotry at my door.

this signing even by way of unintended consequence will attract quite a few bigots from what I can see already.

Edited by Johnstonian

11 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Remember seeing some of the wee young team in Celtic tops there, wonder how they’ll feel with a guy like Lafferty in the team given his comments. Hes apparently given interviews saying hes a changed man etc. 

I have zero issue with Kyle Lafferty as a person. I hope he’s in a good place 

When will clubs in our level learn its ok to have players like this but it comes at a price surely look at Darvel last year spent big won nothing apart from the big payday against Aberdeen then u have the glens meadow who etc who have had to rebuild just for a bit of success but successful teams don't spend money like this or get big time has been players why cause its not what a club at our level do the guys should be playing for the Jersey not the money they are on that comes later if successful surely 

3 hours ago, BurghLoyal said:

Any update on Josh Fowler? Heard Motherwell weren’t interested, then heard he began trials with Killie. Not heard anything since.

It's not that we weren't interested, just couldn't agree a fee with Beith so I'm led to believe, so presumably that would mean he's still contracted to them (which I assume must be the case unless my info is wrong which it might well be).

Don't know if anything transpired with Killie.

Just now, santheman said:

It's not that we weren't interested, just couldn't agree a fee with Beith so I'm led to believe, so presumably that would mean he's still contracted to them (which I assume must be the case unless my info is wrong which it might well be).

Don't know if anything transpired with Killie.

How much were Beith wanting for him? Surely the well could afford at most 20k?

Mon the papers