Transfer ins & outs

1 minute ago, Johnstonian said:

Would be very surprised if he signed.

Know nothing of him training with the team, but I’m told he won’t be signing.

I personally don’t back it either, we’ve got plenty good strikers and although the quality of Lafferty is not to be ignored, not worth the wage for me. Also a bit of an idiot from my experiences. Would be interesting to see the reception he received against Candy! 

11 minutes ago, BurghLoyal said:

I personally don’t back it either, we’ve got plenty good strikers and although the quality of Lafferty is not to be ignored, not worth the wage for me. Also a bit of an idiot from my experiences. Would be interesting to see the reception he received against Candy! 

I think he’d have heard a lot worse and he’d pay little attention to what they have to say, but we can do without it all becoming a bit of a circus.

I genuinely believe we have more than enough upfront regardless and from what I’ve been told it’s not happening. 

Looking forward to Saturday 👍🏼

Edited by Johnstonian

8 minutes ago, Johnstonian said:

I think he’d have heard a lot worse and he’d pay little attention to what they have to say, but we can do without it all becoming a bit of a circus.

I genuinely believe we have more than enough upfront regardless and from what I’ve been told it’s not happening. 

Looking forward to Saturday 👍🏼

Really looking forward to the weekend. Some good teams on show for a great cause! Really excited to see all the new players in action in what should be a good test against a strong Largs side. 

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

If he did sign i heard he wants £1600 a week and all his wages up front or something like that. Wild. 

There is s lot of wild rumours going on out there. I get told the odd thing here and there from current committee and from folk I know at other clubs.

Time will tell, but in a purely football sense, I don’t think he’s needed to get us promotion.

5 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Cant say Ive followed the guys career, but the video thing was pretty shite, id be embarrassed to have someone as polarising as that at my team. Doesnt fit well with a community club appealing to all parts of the community. 

His perceived allegiances are irrelevant to me.

I’d just rather he never signed. There’s no need, it’s hubristic and the money could be better spent elsewhere.

The fact he’s probably not that bright on a number of fronts, is just how people are I guess.

Maybe I’m just used to the Burgh being skint and having the odd day in the sun.

2 minutes ago, Johnstonian said:

His perceived allegiances are irrelevant to me.

I’d just rather he never signed. There’s no need, it’s hubristic and the money could be better spent elsewhere.

The fact he’s probably not that bright on a number of fronts, is just how people are I guess.

Maybe I’m just used to the Burgh being skint and having the odd day in the sun.

The best thing they could do with that money is spend it on the ground, that would go a long way to getting you yer floodlights etc. 

Hey absolutely enjoy what should hopefully be a very memorable year for you guys.