Hibs v Celtic Wednesday night

6 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

I've just watched Sportscene.  WTF was that Celtic keeper doing at those last two goals? :lol: 😭:lol:

He's shite.  It was a standard performance from him.

25 minutes ago, Joe Terrapin said:

By christ the fat Greek Aussie is an arrogant arsehole when they're winning and a bigger arrogant arsehole when they're losing. Is the media love in with him starting to crumble?

Was it not just a standard Old Firm manager interview after a defeat?; try and belittle the interviewer despite them asking legitimate questions.

There’s been a few occasions where he has been quite dismissive verging on disrespectful with journos.

I don’t doubt sometimes they deserve it but it’s always portrayed as some kind of celebratory trait to act arrogantly towards them. His one in the champions league when he went off at the boy who asked him to speak up or repeat himself as he hadn’t heard his response was baffling (I know this isn’t confined to Ange).

3 hours ago, Tommy Tappin said:

LJ has a 40% win percentage in his first season in the league at Hibs, which also happens to be near enough his career win % and his age. 

Despite being 500+ games in, he's still a young manager and while I'm not excited by his Hibs team yet, he has shown that he can beat Hearts, beat Celtic, get top six and likely Europe. 

We can't say that about a number of our previous managers, especially in their first season, given that many of them didn't last much beyond a full season.  

Like a broken clock is right twice a day here are myself and yourself agreeing about something.

3 hours ago, AJF said:

There’s been a few occasions where he has been quite dismissive verging on disrespectful with journos.

I don’t doubt sometimes they deserve it but it’s always portrayed as some kind of celebratory trait to act arrogantly towards them. His one in the champions league when he went off at the boy who asked him to speak up or repeat himself as he hadn’t heard his response was baffling (I know this isn’t confined to Ange).

I think the big guy now understands the tiresome & tediousness of scottish football and indeed our media. 

In the pre-match press conference the first two questions were exactly the same & both were ‘what do you think about Rangers’ one straight after the other 😂 You’d think as a trained & qualified journo you’d have a backup question?

I mean, it must take some patience doing this same old two-step jig twice a week & on match days when the sole purpose becomes less about the game itself and more about give us a big bold headline. 

I’m sure all the media training in the world still can’t prepare you for the brain dead merry-go-round of the glesga goldfish bowl. 

Edited by Greenlantern

Fat Ange is a classless bullying p***k.  

He's never gotten a result against a team with more resources either while manager of the tribute act.

Mon the cabbage. 

Edited by Hoose Rice

3 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Fat Ange is a classless bullying p***k.  

He's never gotten a result against a team with fewer resources either while manager of the tribute act.

Mon the cabbage. 

And maybe if he finds the questioning of the Scottish media tedious and tiresome, which I believe he's right to, he'd rather they ask him just that.  Although my hunch is that he'd get even more boorishly rude and stroppy if any Scottish reporter dared quiz him on why the all conquering Celtic of Scottish football fail so spectacularly and consistently in Europe.

8 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

And maybe if he finds the questioning of the Scottish media tedious and tiresome, which I believe he's right to, he'd rather they ask him just that.  Although my hunch is that he'd get even more boorishly rude and stroppy if any Scottish reporter dared quiz him on why the all conquering Celtic of Scottish football fail so spectacularly and consistently in Europe.

None of the media have the guts to ask such questions to him though.  He would get angry and blame budgets without a hint of irony.

Edited by Hoose Rice

2 hours ago, Greenlantern said:

I think the big guy now understands the tiresome & tediousness of scottish football and indeed our media. 

In the pre-match press conference the first two questions were exactly the same & both were ‘what do you think about Rangers’ one straight after the other 😂 You’d think as a trained & qualified journo you’d have a backup question?

I mean, it must take some patience doing this same old two-step jig twice a week & on match days when the sole purpose becomes less about the game itself and more about give us a big bold headline. 

I’m sure all the media training in the world still can’t prepare you for the brain dead merry-go-round of the glesga goldfish bowl. 

Let them enjoy their win, against a team that downed tools weeks ago, the only way they can, by slagging the opposition managers weight, heritage and nationality. I thought that sniffer Pete guy was a rocket but it seems they’re all cut from the same cloth, shower of losers. Must kill them knowing that their only bit of success for decades was bettered by St Johnstone. 

18 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Let them enjoy their win, against a team that downed tools weeks ago, the only way they can, by slagging the opposition managers weight, heritage and nationality. I thought that sniffer Pete guy was a rocket but it seems they’re all cut from the same cloth, shower of losers. Must kill them knowing that their only bit of success for decades was bettered by St Johnstone. 

Quoted before Drew realises how ridiculous his post is.

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

Are you talking about fans rather than the journos?