Both safe from the bottom 2 scuffle, but have 7th place to play for, we held it going into the post split fixtures, lost it to Motherwell, briefly got it back on Saturday there, before a late late penalty got it back for Motherwell again.

Hey i'm grasping for anything i can to make this game meaningful.

KVV has looked a bit off it the past couple of games due to the knock he took late on against Killie - but he does enjoy a goal or two against Livi and there is no way he's missing the chance to score for 10 in a row. To be fair Martindale's been calling him the best striker outside the OF since before this season, so he's obviously got an eye for a player :)

For the first time under Kettlewell, we are due a bunch of changes from his preferred starting 11 - Casey surely will be out, Furlong's twist looked bad and I'd imagine Max Johnston's "hamstring" "won't be risked" on the plastic. I'd assume SODs will continue, Blaney will start and we'll play our 23rd left back of the season whoever that is.

It's an end of season game but I'm greedily wanting us to win all five post split games as that's practically never done - so hope they turn up for this one. 

Assuming Furlong is out, do we move SOD over and on the right have...Bevis? Spittal? Could put mcginn there but that would necessitate a second change in the back three.

Given Slattery still banned and Paton surely a doubt, options are suddenly looking a little tight.

We were well worth a draw at the Tony Macaroni earlier this season when we were dug meat as a team.

All I care about is KKVV scoring at least one. I might make a late decision to go as my usual Wednesday 5s game is looking like it might be off.

2-2 draw

16 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Assuming Furlong is out, do we move SOD over and on the right have...Bevis? Spittal? Could put mcginn there but that would necessitate a second change in the back three.

Given Slattery still banned and Paton surely a doubt, options are suddenly looking a little tight.

The last time that was tried he lasted less than a minute 😆

Due to enforced changes I wouldn't be surprised to see this:

------------- Kelly -------------

--- McGinn - Butcher - Blaney ---

SOD -------- Goss ------- Spittal

----- Cornelius ---- Paton ------

--------- Obika -- KVV ---------

I suppose its how much he wants Spittal contributing further up the park or not.

Only change i'd make from Saturday's starting XI, is bringing in Omeonga for Shinnie, giving us a bit of bite in midfield, and a player that wins possession back and immediately looks to go forward. Would have Parkes too but with him not played a full game yet i doubt he'd be fit enough, so Boyes will prob start again, but think Parkes would be a better physical match for Van Veen and Obika.

Hopefully Anderson scoring against Utd will be enough for Martindale to play him again, is that 2 games Guthrie has missed and served his suspension, got the fear he'll start instead of Bruce.

From the club's Instagram photos I could see that Johnston and Furlong were both training today, so that might be significantly less disruptive than first feared. If Furlong is available, I'd just bring Blaney in for Casey and Cornelius for Paton. I don't think we stand to gain much from dropping an in form SOD for Johnston.

27 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Our mad record against Livi will end eventually, can see it happening here.

2-1 loss, KVV goal to set up a grandstand finish on the last day.

I really hope you're right

You can't start Spittal at LWB. He went there for 5 minutes against County, got skinned, lost the ball, gave away a free kick and got booked. Kettlewell smartly went to a back 4 andput O'Donnell over there.

Is Furlong definitely out? He was back up before getting subbed. Although if he has anything wrong with his knee I wouldn't play him on the livi pitch.

Both managers will be desperate to add the extra few grand finishing 7th  brings to their less than substantial transfer pots for the summer, so expecting this to be tight with a 1-0 or 2-1 victory either way.

For whatever reason, as a club we seem to get right under Martindale's skin, so a KVV counter after some farcical var decision or such in our favour leaves him in another rage would be a nice way to edge it.

4 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Both managers will be desperate to add the extra few grand finishing 7th  brings to their less than substantial transfer pots for the summer, so expecting this to be tight with a 1-0 or 2-1 victory either way.

For whatever reason, as a club we seem to get right under Martindale's skin, so a KVV counter after some farcical var decision or such in our favour leaves him in another rage would be a nice way to edge it.

Apparently the difference for us is negligible as most of it, if not all is paid out in bonuses 7th v 6th. The main money was in top 6

21 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Probably because he gets pumped every team he comes up against them

15 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Apparently the difference for us is negligible as most of it, if not all is paid out in bonuses 7th v 6th. The main money was in top 6

Ah right. Well our boi Ketts is rather keen to get his hands on it, so we'll just have it then if you don't mind.