The Famous Aberdeen’s European Tour 2023/24

Frank Grimes

12 hours ago, DAFC. said:

I watched Aberdeen scud BK Häcken a few years ago with JET up front ffs. Surely they haven’t got that good since then?

Never in a million years would I envisage BK Häcken ever being at this sort of level since they dumped us out of Europe in 2007. There was about 50 of their fans in the home end in Sweden and they had just got relegated from the top league (qualified via UEFA’s Fair Play) It was absolutely bizarre seeing such a tinpot outfit play in Europe from a good footballing nation (had to be moved to Ullevi as well) and we c*nted it 🤣 Don’t be like us Dons ffs and just smash them. 

I recall they mentioned Glass had played for Pars in that tie - and gained his revenge in the Pittodrie scudding.

Going by how things unraveled, one of these matches that everything went for us and the two late goals to turn 3-1 into 5-1 were very much required. Indeed as was their 70th minute red card in the second leg for a guy who Brown had successfully wound up to breaking point.

Edited by tarapoa

Just now, tarapoa said:

I recall they mentioned Glass had played for Pars in that tie - and gained his revenge in the Pittodrie scudding.

Going by how things unraveled, one of these matches that everything went for us and the two late goals to turn 3-1 into 5-1 were very much required. Indeed aa was their 70th minute red card in the second leg for a guy who Brown had successfully wound up to breaking out.

Jet was amazing that night, thought we signed an amazing player at the time 

23 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Jet was amazing that night, thought we signed an amazing player at the time 

He was very technically gifted but lacked any and all work ethic. Shame really as he had the potential to play at a much higher level.

Edited by HarleyQuinn

50 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Enough about Dunfermline, what can you tell us about Häcken?

Was played at the Ullevi. Don’t even think they were from Gothenburg back then. Think they played at a wee ramshackle ground that held about 1500 people somewhere random, so it had to get moved. Know fook all about where you guys *lucky b*stards* are heading. 

Enjoy yourselves 👍🏼

21 hours ago, betting competition said:

Try via Gdanks

Got flights for £392 via Amsterdam now.

Probably just fantasy planning because I don't think I'll be going. 

Maybe just save my money for the final in Dublin. 😆

Edited by Suspect Device

On 11/08/2023 at 18:16, Suspect Device said:

Got flights for £392 via Amsterdam now.

Probably just fantasy planning because I don't think I'll be going. 

Maybe just save my money for the final in Dublin. 😆

Not sure how many will be going, think we will get an allocation of 400 to 500. Think that should be enough due to folk waiting for other games in the group stages. 

2 hours ago, betting competition said:

Not sure how many will be going, think we will get an allocation of 400 to 500. Think that should be enough due to folk waiting for other games in the group stages. 

Is this just your opinion or is there anything more concrete about potential allocation?

Looking to book but would be gutted if didn’t get a ticket.

40 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

Is this just your opinion or is there anything more concrete about potential allocation?

Looking to book but would be gutted if didn’t get a ticket.

Just my opinion but BK Hacken do fill their stadium so expect us to only get half a stand. Capacity is only 6300. They have to give us at least 5% so we will get at least 315 tickets.  

Think we get allocation of C on this https://bkhacken.ebiljett.nu/Tickets/Choose/264?S=0

Edited by betting competition

On 14/08/2023 at 18:52, betting competition said:

Just my opinion but BK Hacken do fill their stadium so expect us to only get half a stand. Capacity is only 6300. They have to give us at least 5% so we will get at least 315 tickets.  

Think we get allocation of C on this https://bkhacken.ebiljett.nu/Tickets/Choose/264?S=0

The capacity is 6316 but 1961 is standing so seats have 4355. Going to be a scramble for tickets as they only have to give us 217. Also expect tickets to be pick-up in Gothenburg with ID as they have done with previous games with limited time. 

On 15/08/2023 at 08:27, lubo_blaha said:

Does anyone know if the playoff round is shown on TNT?

I’m sure this was the case under BT but TNT’s website seems to suggest group stage onwards.

Suspect once it is confirmed who is through (95% certain to be Häcken, but we'll know in 3hrs or so) - then it will be a direct negotiation with the hosting club - maybe BBC Scotland, TNT or some other paywall option will pick it up (think Luzern v Hibs tonight is Solidsport).