Motherwell V Dundee Utd

Exciting game but that was a tough watch. Mugabi looked awful. Blaney didn't look up to it either. Mandron was howling. Max only had 25 minutes and showed his quality right away. O'Donnell was another player that had a shocker.

Liam Kelly was our best player. Pulled off about 5 great saves although Utd should have scored more in particularly in the first half.

We didn't start playing until we were down a goal. Still we turned it round before the end.

Record goal for KVV, shame he couldn't get one or two more.

Our performance in the first half - after getting KVV his record - was shocking.

Basketball-esque in the second half which was understandable and quite fun to watch.

Mugabi was awful but by no means the only one...SK will need a ruthless streak and someone at the club some serious acumen in moving on some in contract players if next season isn't to be a struggle.

But that's a problem for tomorrow... massive well done to SK and everyone for a tremendous three months who h absolutely no one could have predicted. 

18 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Max Johnston should be getting about 260 Scotland caps for being 100 x the player Stephen O'Donnell is.

He should be given 100 more for that cheeky hug he gave the linesman. 

Bottom 6 has officially been fun this year - 4 wins and dra' is a great return and finishing 19 points and 32 (thirty two) goals clear of bottom spot when we were jointly there 3 months ago is quite surreal.

The game was more watchable than a usual end of season jobby but f**k me that defence was giving me serious flashbacks to the winter and it must have been comforting for Utd supporters to see another defence as bad as theirs.

One thing that hit home when the players were doing their lap of honour was just how many of them there were (and they weren't all even there!) and so we need  some serious pruning over the summer. The List next week might (hopefully) stretch to a 2nd piece of A4.

Kind of glad to see the back of that season - but we're still in the league (39th (thirty ninth) bastartin' season approaching) and we've had a few months of solidly enjoyable stuff and the KVV sideshow has been one of our best stories for years - so aye, I could have taken another month of that.

See you in between 1 and 5 years Utd - good luck.

After KVV scored I felt there was no pressure and with Livingston losing, our score didn’t matter, very stress free sit in the sun.

Obviously Bevis brought some jeopardy to the day.

1 minute ago, D-Fens Foster said:

Was a brutal watch today considering the scoreline. Mugabi can f**k off with Morris to MK Dons. VAR proving once again it’s a pile of jobby. Never a penalty 🤦‍♂️

No doubting the defending was back to our Nov-Feb efforts but I thought we played some decent stuff going forward - particularly Spittal. Our second and third goals had some nice bits of build up play.

No arguments on VAR though, it’s a pile of shite.  

2 minutes ago, dezz said:

No doubting the defending was back to our Nov-Feb efforts but I thought we played some decent stuff going forward - particularly Spittal. Our second and third goals had some nice bits of build up play.

Spittal has been class under Kettlewell to be fair. Links so well with KVV. Been a great end tae the season considering where we were under Hammell

2 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Spittz celebrated his goal a lot more than I expected from a former DAB.

It not end badly? I vaguely remember a bit of giruy when he scored v them last season.

7 minutes ago, dezz said:

I don't understand how either the VAR official or match referee can suggest/award a penalty for handball on review while ignoring the blatant elbow to the head.

3 minutes ago, ropy said:

My United pal thinks he was a wage thief.

Wage thief or just badly used...who knows.

He's clearly not the only one who has massively improved under SK but was it really just Hammell not getting the most out of him or was he a little guilty of jogging it in? Who knows.

Goss is obviously the same - was he the invisible man just because of the system/confidence or just strolling it? You've guessed it, who knows...

35 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

He absolutely was. 

Honestly, he was one of the few who wasn’t absolutely shite in the first half of this season, and since Kettlewell has come in he’s been outstanding. He also looks like one of the fittest players on the pitch. 

Obviously you can't ignore Kev for POTY but if we just place him to one side for a second, Spittal is miles out on his own in second spot.

The addition of Mandron/Obika as a 2nd striker has been given a lot of credit for unlocking the way KVV has been able to play (and rightly so), but for me Spittal has been every bit as important. When he receives the ball the first thing he does is look for KVV and then more importantly, plays it early...very early (sometimes too early for me, but I'm splitting hairs there), before the backline have even had a chance to set. Adding in his goal return which has been very decent, and you've got an extremely important key player making the side tick.

Seems a very sound guy that loves it here as well which is always a bonus.