Steve Clarke

That gap between the 2 lines is fucking criminal. Allowing guys like Wirtz and Musiala time to turn and face our mincemeat back 3 with our glorious midfield about 20 yards higher up the pitch.

Plenty other problems but this one is objectively on Clarke and it wasn’t the only one.

Just now, AyrAtlanta said:

That gap between the 2 lines is fucking criminal. Allowing guys like Wirtz and Musiala time to turn and face our mincemeat back 3 with our glorious midfield about 20 yards higher up the pitch.

Plenty other problems but this one is objectively on Clarke and it wasn’t the only one.

Oh no. Who is watching JJBull. Tactics egghead. 😱

8 minutes ago, SlayerX said:

I don't think there's really much of a fuss made about Gauld not being selected. If there is, I haven't seen it.

It's not the Canadian league. It's the MLS. It's America. But yes, it is better than the SPL.

Would Gauld's inclusion have made a difference? No. The difference between Gauld, Christie, Morgan, etc, is incremental.

I don't like the innuendo that some people (not you) that Gauld is a bad seed, etc. He pretty much grew up alongside Robertson, Souttar, Armstrong, etc. They're all good guys.

Every manager has their own opinion. Look at Southgate, he refuses to call up Tomori from AC Milan, for only reason only he knows.

I certainly agree that there’s no indication at all of him being in any way a bad guy or anything like that.

there was loads of fuss online (Twitter, Reddit, etc) about him not being called up when the team was announced and then again when Morgan got called up.

Just now, 2426255 said:

What does that wee geek know.

I do not know and frankly I do not care. He’s nothing to do with my post as I said.

You keep cuddling into your pillow though telling yourself everything is going to be alright.

6 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Hate still images in football but that one is pretty grim, what are the midfielders doing, no press, not picking anyone up. 

3 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

I do not know and frankly I do not care. He’s nothing to do with my post as I said.

You keep cuddling into your pillow though telling yourself everything is going to be alright.

It is alright. I don't need to cuddle my pillow. That's why I can pass on my wisdom to the people on here who are losing all hope and perspective.

Just now, Jambomo said:

I certainly agree that there’s no indication at all of him being in any way a bad guy or anything like that.

there was loads of fuss online (Twitter, Reddit, etc) about him not being called up when the team was announced and then again when Morgan got called up.

I watched him a lot when he was in Portugal. He took all their set pieces, he was their captain, scored and assisted a total of 16 goals. He almost singlehandedly kept his team up.

He deserved a call up during that year.

But as it is now, I'm nonplussed. It is what it is and people should just accept it.

He's a good player. But it's not like we're leaving out the next Ronaldo.

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Hate still images in football but that one is pretty grim, what are the midfielders doing, no press, not picking anyone up. 

It's a still image mate. 5 seconds later it looks completely different and the same 5 seconds before. It's been chosen specifically as it suits the point being made. It's crap/

1 hour ago, Gordopolis said:

Beyond the Gauld debate, is there anyone really deserving of being there ahead of anyone else?

I personally would have taken Max Johnston who has been playing regularly for the team who just won their league over either of mccorie or Ralston.

We don't use our younger players enough in my opinion, we have been forced to take Ross & Tommy  but we should have been giving these guys game time months ago, especially in games v NI & Gibraltar.

We should be taking these players over the likes of Jack, cooper or 4 goalkeepers.

Just now, Chesh said:

I personally would have taken Max Johnston who has been playing regularly for the team who just won their league over either of mccorie or Ralston.

We don't use our younger players enough in my opinion, we have been forced to take Ross & Tommy  but we should have been giving these guys game time months ago, especially in games v NI & Gibraltar.

We should be taking these players over the likes of Jack, cooper or 4 goalkeepers.

Max Johnston has started 2 games for them, he was subbed on 18 times which makes it appear he has been regular because it just gets listed as '20'. 

21 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I found it. 23 seconds into the match

image.thumb.png.f05f6469acf892e0d95591a1a82962c0.png

5 secs after

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.505a7de851a9f276ec8487c8585d80af.png

5 secs before.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.817d7d163d26c923205cdd40663ac029.png

Edited by 2426255

28 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Harsh , but fair !

Steve Clarke has now had four tournament matches.

He has to match Craig Brown's tournament record in order to have a decent chance to qualify.

Clarke's tournament record:

W : 0 D : 1 L : 3 (GF : 2 GA : 10

Brown's tournament record:

W : 1 D : 2 L : 3 (GF : 3 GA : 8

Edited by SlayerX

The Gauld talk is splitting hairs. He hasn't had a look-in because a player playing at his level wasn't required. If we'd shat it in qualification whilst he's on form in the MLS then he's worthy of a shout. Can't help feeling though there's a lot of delusion surrounding the MLS, owing to a lot of money swilling around in it and the fact it's where a lot of fading stars go to earn a final big paycheck before they retire. Have a gander at a few games; the standard isn't great. Gauld never realised his full potential, that's why he plays there. That doesn't preclude him from getting a shout for Scotland (beggars can't be choosers), but I don't see how he improves us. If we follow the Gauld logic then Lewis Morgan should've been a shoo-in months ago (and flip knows we need a form striker more than another midfielder), yet curiously we never heard the same demand for his inclusion.

3 minutes ago, ogoftheskye said:

The Gauld talk is splitting hairs. He hasn't had a look-in because a player playing at his level wasn't required. If we'd shat it in qualification whilst he's on form in the MLS then he's worthy of a shout. Can't help feeling though there's a lot of delusion surrounding the MLS, owing to a lot of money swilling around in it and the fact it's where a lot of fading stars go to earn a final big paycheck before they retire. Have a gander at a few games; the standard isn't great. Gauld never realised his full potential, that's why he plays there. That doesn't preclude him from getting a shout for Scotland (beggars can't be choosers), but I don't see how he improves us. If we follow the Gauld logic then Lewis Morgan should've been a shoo-in months ago (and flip knows we need a form striker more than another midfielder), yet curiously we never heard the same demand for his inclusion.

It's the same crap after a defeat. Fans are absolutely terrible for it.