Hibernian European Tour 2023/24

Lyle Lanley

1 hour ago, FredFlintsone said:

Where does this rank in the "worst result by a Scottish club" in Europe list?

Near the top. Rangers getting beat off some random team from Luxembourg trumps it, easily. With the second leg still to play, this one's only on the list in pencil.

1 hour ago, FredFlintsone said:

Where does this rank in the "worst result by a Scottish club" in Europe list?

Some of the worst in no particular order were Rangers v Progres, Kilmarnock v some Taffs and celtic v Lincoln red imps. Aberdeen probably have some dodgy results too.

I think Hibs will take them at Easter Road.

Celtic went through easily so that simply cannot be the worst. Rangers and Killie were knocked out so using any form of logic, they’re both worse. 

Its only half time in the tie so we can’t say where this one sits yet.

Positives -

I watched that on company time 

Negatives -

old biscuit wrists still getting a game

defence apparently have not spoken to each other over the summer

wee Lee has no idea what he wants his midfield to do

without Boyle we have one good forward who is capable of having an absolute stinker

A narrow win for the negatives there

9 hours ago, bennett said:

Some of the worst in no particular order were Rangers v Progres, Kilmarnock v some Taffs and celtic v Lincoln red imps. Aberdeen probably have some dodgy results too.

Skonta riga, early-mid 90s? The first bad european result I remember would have been that or Motherwell v Mypa 47. 

9 hours ago, bennett said:

I know it's a Hibs thread, but enough of the anti-Hearts bias, please.

We got put out of Europe by the Maltese giants Birkirkara FC, including losing at home while missing a penalty. We demand a place in the top 5*!

(something, something, put it on the Honours list beside the Tennants Sixes, something, something)

10 hours ago, bennett said:

We lost to Fola Each a few years ago. Luckily went through on aggregate but they dominated the second leg and just couldn't get the second goal that would have seen them through on away goals.

10 hours ago, bennett said:

Had a quite a few dodgy results with Aberdeen: knocked out by Sconto Riga in the 90s, Zalgiris Vilnius also in the 90s lost 3-1 at home (still went through!), Bohemian early 2000, horsed 5-1 at home to Sigma Olomouc, Fola Esch lost over there but did go through. 

Edited by betting competition

3 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Totally forgot about Progres Niederkorn. f**k. That was brilliant. 

Hibs are so shit they really could end up.going out. Its mystifying they finished so high up in the league. Saw them a few times last season and they were utter stinking every time.

There's a few sides in the Premiership like that, a couple of wins at the right time and those 6 points can catapult you 3-4 league places and you scrape into Europe, despite probably being no better than the side in 7th or 8th.  It's because that league is so cut throat, hence why 3rd/4th/5th are always a good 30/40 points behind the Old Firm, they all beat each other and no one can pull away in 3rd.

County are good for doing that post split - shite and bottom of the league all season then go and beat teams like Motherwell/United away midweek and stay up.  

15 hours ago, highland_mechanic said:

Surely the Andorrans won't cope with a half full Easter Road next week?

I'm not sure whether to laugh at Hibs or be filled with absolute dread about our upcoming group stage games if this is the standard of Scottish football.

Will we be able to cope with their parked bus ?

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I take it the new striker will be available?  You could be doing with him starting.

Apparently Vente won't be available; he'd have had to register before the first leg, as I understand it. Bit of a shame cos he looks handy...

Seems the Hibees will have to rely on Adam 'he's just like Sergio Aguero, you know' Le Fondre 😳