Hibernian European Tour 2023/24

Lyle Lanley

Just now, Judy Murray said:

To be fair I’m in the queue for my boss but seems a mental amount of folk

Reports are that the queue hit 9000. Given that it's ST-only sales, that must surely mean a lot of people queueing up multiple times.

Is this the thread to come in and say ‘Hibs are shite, their squad isn’t up to much; they’ll never get a result?”.

Never been on the other side of wanting to see clubs doing well in Europe and that seems to be the lucky mantra that gets posted in the Rangers one before each game? 

Setting myself up for a fall here but there's always been an expectation that English sides are going to dismantle Scottish sides only for it to...not happen.

Aberdeen - Burnley and Celtic - Man City* both recent examples I can think of. Liverpool - Rangers less so. :lol:

*Okay, the second one was a dead rubber but the first was an excellent 3-3.

On 19/08/2023 at 20:16, Ewanandmoreagain said:

Willie Stevenson ?

Tommy Craig 

Des Bremner.

Budgie.

ALEX CROPLEY

number 1 -. or Willie Hamilton ?

Joe Ward (ex Clyde), top right.

Edited by Kempes

6 hours ago, KirkieRR said:

Had a look at some Villa forums and the talk is of Hibs being League 1 or 2 standard.

I would loove it, loove it, if you beat them.

I know this may be meant or seen an insult but if it is in an internal forum between Villa fans then maybe it is not.

Hibs income and wage bill would place them as a league 1 club in England. Derby, Bolton Reading, Blackpool, Barnsley etc. would have much bigger revenue but Hibs may have bigger revenue than Cheltenham, Shrewsbury or Stevenage so on average if Hibs played in England they would probably be a league 1 club. 

Do you think this is an unfair comment on their forum?

7 hours ago, Leith Green said:

I struggle to remember one where the financial differential is so big - Villa earned something like £130m last season before gate receipts and sponsorship/commercial income.

Hearts v Liverpool/Spurs.

3 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Over 2000 in the queue online to buy tickets for Villa away next week. 

Good time to sell the tickets, just before the home leg! Mind you, I had a great time in London for Spurs away despite a 5-0 defeat in the first league.

A certain Harry Kane missed a penalty on (I think) his debut for them.

2 hours ago, HibsFan said:

Setting myself up for a fall here but there's always been an expectation that English sides are going to dismantle Scottish sides only for it to...not happen.

Aberdeen - Burnley and Celtic - Man City* both recent examples I can think of. Liverpool - Rangers less so. :lol:

*Okay, the second one was a dead rubber but the first was an excellent 3-3.

Hearts were taking Liverpool into extra time in the 87th minute of the second leg.

45 minutes ago, Darren said:

Hearts v Liverpool/Spurs.

Good time to sell the tickets, just before the home leg! Mind you, I had a great time in London for Spurs away despite a 5-0 defeat in the first league.

A certain Harry Kane missed a penalty on (I think) his debut for them.

Hearts were taking Liverpool into extra time in the 87th minute of the second leg.

Really, the only match in the last 20 years where a Scottish team got absolutely scudded by an English one was that first leg against Spurs.

7 hours ago, KirkieRR said:

Had a look at some Villa forums and the talk is of Hibs being League 1 or 2 standard.

I would loove it, loove it, if you beat them.

Can't bear the Scottish football fan posters going onto those forums and posting stuff about 'hope we beat youse' and the like- cringy beyond all comprehension.