Hibernian European Tour 2023/24

Lyle Lanley

1 hour ago, Hibee_Hibernian said:

That’s the first batch of away tickets sold out. Didn’t think they’d go so quickly. Think we’re looking like taking 1100/1200 

Roughly what Saints took over. As previously said, their fans are decent travellers and will probably take the same amount here.

I think it's a very hard game for Hibs, don't underestimate them.

19 hours ago, realmadrid said:

Are the Ultras still in B2 and B3

They were fantastic in both games and for years Perth was covered in FCL stickers 

In those days i did some pitch side photography for Saints socials and in the second leg the UEFA delegate gave us instructions not to take any photographs of the ultras groups due to issues they had had in Switzerland where some local police had used a photographers position to identify banned fans, so as a group they had a deep distrust for photographers.

3 days after the game i got a message via the club asking for a picture from the game they were in the background off as they wanted to use it in their 2015 Ultras calendar, i could have taken so many more shots for them if i had known.

They should still be in the same section, directly behind the goals at the far end from the away fans. Was talking to a Luzern supporting mate who told me I should be fine if I turn up wearing green, but I’m fucked if I mention I support Aarau.

I’ve been at a few games where I have seen members of different ultras groups quite literally take mobile phones off people in order to delete photo’s and videos to ensure people can’t be identified. The police here can also be fairly brutal to football fans under almost no provocation whatsoever. Then again, the ultras are content to hand it out and worse if they get the chance too. Can’t argue that they add a lot to the atmosphere and the game as a spectacle though, there have been times where I’ve ended up watching the away end more than I have the game.

On 08/08/2023 at 18:44, Ross. said:

If only. The ultras scene here can be pretty wild. Basel and FC Zürich in particular have bad reputations for violence, and they tend not to care who gets hurt in the process.

I was on holiday there in 2001 and went to FCL v Young Boys at the old Allmend. First half I sat behind the goals, second half I went in beside the ultras. More beer flying about there than a gig at the Barrowlands.

version1uuid5A6CB5B9-82D9-4416-AFDC-98893A3BB2A1modecompatiblenoloc1.thumb.jpeg.552d43d567328a383a077b72162218e7.jpeg

Edited by The Mantis

21 minutes ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

That midfield is pretty lightweight though. Hope the Swiss aren't a big fizzical outfit.

Not particularly physical in the middle of the park but they will probably control the game from there. Jashari and Meyer work very well together. Will be interesting to see how their two wide men do, Okou abd Spadanuda. Both were standouts in the second division and are potential match winners, but definite questions on whether they are good enough to move up a level.

23 hours ago, tree house tam said:I think it's a very hard game for Hibs, don't underestimate them.

Who is underestimating them? Luzern should be firm favourites to go through. 

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

The "hard men ultras" wearing those stupid gimp masks will never fail to make me chuckle. Do they not realise how absolute tin pot they look

Throwing about the 'tinpot' phrase when you got humped at Cappielow is a bit rich.