Hibernian European Tour 2023/24

Lyle Lanley

8 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Anyone else think we will score tomorrow night? 

Its an enormous challenge all over the pitch against one of the teams looking to win the entire competition. I know Scottish teams have had "battle of Britain" matches before, but I struggle to remember one where the financial differential is so big - Villa earned something like £130m last season before gate receipts and sponsorship/commercial income.

Their turnover is - at least - 10 times Hibs, maybe 15.

If we can make chances, we have good forward options - but our issue will be getting the ball to these guys,  I fear for our midfield against Villa.............and christ knows what our defence is going to do.

If we can nick a goal, that will be a bonus, but simply to be in touching distance for next week will do for me.

I will be there (as will you) so will miss out on all the "ha ha, look how shite Hibs are" pish on this thread later from the hard of thinking, thank f**k.

8 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Yes.

A bold statement !

1 hour ago, KirkieRR said:

Had a look at some Villa forums and the talk is of Hibs being League 1 or 2 standard.

I would loove it, loove it, if you beat them.

They never learn. Never ever learn.

I can definitely see some L1 or L2 meathead jobbers beat Luzern over two legs, aye.

3 hours ago, Leith Green said:

If we can nick a goal, that will be a bonus, but simply to be in touching distance for next week will do for me.

That would do for me. Newell scoring especially would be grand. 

Good luck Hibs, great ko time for us Asian based SPFL fanboys😀.

Quick question - With Martinez in goals for Villa. When was the last time a world cup winner played a competitive game at Easter road?

Also were they a current world cup holder at the time of the game, if not, has there ever been anyone?

12 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Good luck Hibs, great ko time for us Asian based SPFL fanboys😀.

Quick question - With Martinez in goals for Villa. When was the last time a world cup winner played a competitive game at Easter road?

Also were they a current world cup holder at the time of the game, if not, has there ever been anyone?

Juninho played for Celtic against us when Brazil were World Cup holders at the time. 

2 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

This is mental :lol: 

Hopefully it's just 1 guy with a botnet making sure he gets his four tickets, and then he kills his 5000 bots once they're no longer needed.

Half of the season-ticket base trying to make an away trip to Birmingham seems a bit unlikely, somehow.

Edited by Aim Here